IMDb > "Amazing Stories" Without Diana (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Amazing Stories" Without Diana (1987)

« Prev | 43 of 45 Episodes | Next »

Will they see her again?

Author: sonnyschlaegel from muenster, germany
16 June 2007

George Willoughby has returned from WW II. There's an estrangement between him and his seven year old daughter, Diana. He apologizes to her for having been away so long. He had no choice. Shortly afterwards, Diana walks away and gets lost - probably in the nearby swamps. She can't be found. Decades later: Kathryn, George's wife, is very ill. She is going to die soon. She says she has lost all hope of ever seeing their daughter again. She thinks it was wrong to hope for such a long time since it made her think about Diana's and her misfortune too much, so life wasn't as good as it could have been; she should have faced reality sooner. Is there really no chance left to see Diana again?

This is a quite sentimental story. If you don't like 'tear jerkers' I think you'd better not watch it. I think it's comparable with 'Dorothy and Ben' (#1.18), also a quite sentimental story. The stories also have the same main theme: the afterlife. I liked 'Dorothy and Ben' better; I think it is more mysterious (Ben's telepathic communication with Dorothy) and has a little more suspense (will Dorothy wake up from her coma?). But I liked this one, too. I think the theme of the story (the afterlife) is very interesting. (But I don't say that the story is very profound; after all, it is only about 20 minutes long). I also liked the music. It's more conspicuous than most other scores in this series. It is by Georges Delerue. I liked his music for 'The Doll' (#1.22) better, but the music for this episode is still so good as to deserve mention.

All in all, a good episode in my opinion. I think if you liked 'Dorothy and Ben' you will probably like this one too and should consider watching it when you have the chance.