IMDb > "The Addams Family" Portrait of Gomez (1965) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Addams Family" Portrait of Gomez (1965)

« Prev | 47 of 64 Episodes | Next »

This Was A Plot?

Author: richard.fuller1
2 June 2008

It was terrible.

I guess I've never sat and watched and really focused on an episode of the Addams Family, other than the first episode, I finally decided to watch one on TVland this past weekend, since Hogan's Heroes (another show I've never been able to sit and focus upon) will be airing in its place to some extent (I actually think it is replacing the Munsters, a show I have to say I have watched rather extensively before).

So I watched the Addams, and was thoroughly puzzled.

Thru a phone call, the Addams (or just Gomez) learn they are to appear in Strife magazine.

Morticia doesn't like the way people look in Strife, so they will submit a picture of Gomez they already have.

Actually a rather amusing picture of John Astin, I must say, but Cleopatra the plant eats the picture.

So they need another picture.

They must find the photographer who took the first picture.

His studio where he is now working is closed.

They learn he is working for the driver's license department, so they will put the car back together and Gomez will try to get his license so he can get the picture.

In the end, the family learns the house is wanted for Strife, as most haunted house.

What was all of this? I'm not sure which was more peculiar, wanting to get a picture taken at the DMV or that we never do see the unique photographer the Addams family adores so much.

I was going to give the episode a 1 for being awful, but then decided what the hey, the show isn't known for being good.

I'll give it a nine, but wow, talk about totally plot less.

This episode has Sienfeld beat by a mile!