IMDb > "77 Sunset Strip" Flight 307 (1963) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"77 Sunset Strip" Flight 307 (1963)

« Prev | 175 of 206 Episodes | Next »

It Worked Once

Author: darbski from omaha, ne
31 August 2017

They put this one out before. The same type of plot and story, that is. It was called "Nine To Five", and a lot of the same type of action follows. Talk, talk, talk....etc. Little sub plots to the main so-called drama of getting an airliner landed in fog, and a murder. Landing in fog is not a big deal, and hasn't been since the Navy, The Air Force, and every commercial Airline in the world found landing patterns, and high wattage lighting.

The other stories are a stupid movie star, and her stupid life, a crook who's just removed a partner in crime permanently, and a pilot who's about to be permanently grounded. They all coalesce into an hour long "Grand Hotel" type story where everyone almost runs into each other, but it all works out in the end. Almost. I'm not gonna tell you anymore than that; except that nothing I've said is quite what it seems. The movie star turns out to be intelligent and gracious, her agent not a bad sort. The pilot who was a hero in Korea (and saved the airport director's life) remains true to who he is. Actually, he's a good guy all the way through with a sad end. Stu's vacation?? ?? I'm NOT gonna tell you everything; that just wouldn't be fair.

Now, I know that this suggestion might be a stretch, but if it were expanded and modified a bit, you'd have a story very similar to Alex Hailey's "Airport". Yeah, I said it was a stretch, but run it around the block and see what YOU think. A solid 10, and worth staying up for.

Flight 307? Pilot for Airport?

Author: rfaust1-406-139617 from United States
31 August 2017

77 Sunset Strip is one of the most underrated TV shows ever. Flight 307 starring such superstars as Gena Rowlands and Jack Worden was clearly ripped off by the producers of the 70s blockbuster "Airport". We are so lucky to be able to view the greatness of ABC late 50s and early 60s masterpieces like 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside Six, Hawaiian Eye et al. Kookie lend me your comb! Over and out.

A dud

Author: vranger from United States
31 August 2017

We were surprised with the episode "Nine to Five", which was three episodes prior to this one. Speculation runs that it was a pilot, and I think for an anthology series. This looks to be another audition for that series, as again Stu Bailey is relegated to a very minor role and almost no screen time.

But where "Nine to Five" was entertaining, this story was merely irritating. None of the characters were likable or really even sympathetic. Two weak stories came together at the end, and there was no reason to care. Oh, Stu helped catch a bad guy.

Even a 77 Sunset Strip completist can safely give this dud a pass.