IMDb > "The 4400" Pilot (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

1 of 43 Episodes | Next »

Promising to Say the Least

Author: l-p-proctor from United States
4 December 2013

Based on premise alone, this series sounds like perfect SciFi. 4400 people are abducted over the years and are all returned on a single day with no knowledge of what happened to them. In this episode we are introduced to the first of the 4400 and to the NSA agents who will investigate the phenomena. The most interesting character to date is a little girl named Myra who appears to have the ability to tell the future in a creepy but delightful way. Why do children always seem so creepy in SciFi?!

The first few minutes are important so pay attention! Things slow down a little and then picks right up. The "returnees" are discriminated against which makes an interesting sub plot, but what really makes this show interesting as a premise is the super abilities of the returnees. Only time will tell if the show gets better or worse from this episode.

I plan on binge watching it so hang on tight and follow my reviews. See how my opinion changes as the series goes on.

Pilot (#1.1)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
15 June 2012

I am very happy that I have discovered this show. This pilot was just awesome and I really hope for it to continue like that.

The idea of all these people being abducted all over the past century and brought back many years after is great in itself. The fact that they all also seem to have special powers is a great addition.

I really like the idea for the characters we know so far. I especially like the idea about Richard and Lily so far. Her husband is a horrible person! It is understandable he moved on with his life but that he didn't pick her up, doesn't includes her even as a mother of his child and offers support as being the one person who was the main part of her life is disgusting. So seeing the whole idea of Richard who was in love with her grandmother back in the racist 50's is especially great. I am also wondering about her pregnancy.

I did think that Shawn who left only a few years before will have no problems to integrate back, but apparently I was wrong. I guess for teenagers 3 years are a very big amount of time. And just surprised he is considered a freak. In my high school he would have been a hero.

I also really liked the idea about the lawyer who lost his company and kills when getting angry.

The little girl is very creepy and it also adds to the great mood of this show.

I am really looking forward to the following episodes. Would like to see maybe some characters who left long ago and are struggling to get used to our times, and really look forward to find more about the super powers