IMDb > "24" Day 5: 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"24: Day 5: 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. (#5.1)"

"24" Day 5: 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. (2006)

« Prev | 99 of 195 Episodes | Next »

An Abrupt Reminder...

Author: travis056 from United States
12 June 2007

I guess the previous poster is awaiting an apology from someone. I'm sorry to say that this episode is an abrupt reminder to all of 24 viewers that no one is safe, save for perhaps Jack himself. It no doubt was hard to lose such longstanding characters, but such is the nature of the show. Rather than mourn the loss of some fictitious characters, you should be happy for the fact that the script isn't so contrived as to save a select few from death.

This show always keeps people on their toes and I appreciate every unexpected moment they throw at me, since there are always (as with every show) certain things you do expect.

More Of The Same......And That's The Way We Like It!

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
10 June 2008

Well, it's nice to know some things haven't changed. Mainly:

1 - The show is still a very fast-moving 42 minutes, with shocking action scenes; 2 - Chole is still a pain in the butt and Edgar still likes her (but is never going to get anywhere); 3 - Suspicous mole characters abound, leaving you guessing who is the rat (because you know there is going to be one, usually early in the season); 4 - there is a teenager involved who looks like a punk but turns out all right; 5 - Jack's girlfriends are always in for a rough ride; 6 - Tragically, some good people from the past are going to be killed early on; 7 - There are plenty of annoying characters, as well as heroic ones; 8 - Jack is nobody to mess with.

We see two old standbys are no longer going to be involved in this series: former President Palmer, who is assassinated in the opening scene and former CTU heroine "Michelle Dessler," who is the victim of a car bomb moments later. He husband, "Tony" is critically wounded in the blast. CTU officials believe these two incidents are related and word is that it's because those are the people who know "Jack Bauer" (Keifer Sutherland), the hero of this series, is still alive under a new identity. The fourth person who knows, Chole, runs for her life and Jack comes to her rescue. We also discover Chole is sleeping with a CTU employee named "Spenser." Well, there's always some "soap" with the "suspense" on this show.

We again see this new wimpy and untrustworthy new President Charles Logan and his whacked-out wife, Martha, played effectively by Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart, respectively.

It looks like another wild ride.

24 : The Best

Author: teltamer2002
8 August 2006

To look back on the past 4 seasons , and then look at season 5 will make you feel why this is a good TV Show . from the start of the season , you find all the characters you loved in the past killed just in matter of minutes( I myself wondered what will happens ). but as you continue watching the rest of the seasons , you will find yourself forget about them and concentrate with the current event ( aside from always seeing David Palmer in the news or at the funeral ).Jack paur is as good as possible ( for a dead man at least ), he is simply JACK ( you know him ) . The event is never dull ( aside from some moments in the show ). every episode make you more eager to the next . Chloe will have a much bigger role here . the end is rather disappointment than interesting ( you would think Jack to have alittle rest or something , but i don't think that Jack is this kind of a man ).At least , you are eager to watch the next season .At the end , 24 is the best TV show ever & I recommend it for anyone who needs a 24 hour of thrill , anticipation , and never ending surprises.

Day 5 Starts With A Bang!!!!!!

Author: Desertman84 from United States
12 September 2012

Eighteen months after faking his death, Jack Bauer, who has assumed the name Frank Flynn and living with a mother and son family Diane and Derek Huxley, returns to Los Angeles after the four people who know he's alive come under attack. Former president David Palmer is assassinated, as is Michelle Dessler while Tony Almeida is critically wounded. Chloe O'Brian is also targeted but manages to evade the assassins and contact Jack for help. President Charles Logan prepares to sign an important anti- terrorism treaty with the Russian President Yuri Suvarov (Nick Jameson). First Lady Martha Logan is disturbed about the morning's events. Jack, after rescuing Chloe, learns from one of the assassins that he's being framed for the attacks on Palmer, Tony and Michelle.

In summary,here the events that happened during that hour:

1.David Palmer is assassinated while visiting his brother, Wayne Palmer, to revise his memoirs.

2.Charles Logan pressures Bill Buchanan to find the person responsible before the Russians come, but refuses to postpone the signing of the arms treaty.

3.Martha Logan tells Charles about a phone call she got last night from Palmer concerning national security which she thinks might be related to his assassination; Logan promises her to investigate it, but instead tells Walt Cummings that she's suffering from another delusion and he'll do nothing about it.

4.Jack Bauer, a.k.a. Frank Flynn, sits to have breakfast with Diane and Derek Huxley, during which Derek interrogates him; Despite this, Diane assures Jack she trusts him.

5.Jack is interrupted by a call from Chloe O'Brian, who tells him she's being pursued, after telling him what happened to Michelle and Tony. She insists that it has something to do with him. As he prepares to leave to rendezvous with Chloe, he finds out that Derek has been following him and is forced to take him. After meeting with Chloe, Jack manages to dispatch the 3 operatives, and interrogates their leader, Conrad Haas. After confessing he's the one that killed Palmer, Jack shoots him in cold-blood.

Day 5 starts with a bang!!!!!!

No question about it.

Two people are instantly killed - Michelle Dressler and former President David Palmer.Tony Almeida is in a critical condition.While Chloe O'Brien managed to escape assassins.One thing in common about them is that they know that Jack Bauer is still alive.

We start the season with Jack living in Chicago assuming a new name and a new identity.Also,we do know that he is being framed for the murders to prompt him out of hiding.Who are those people who wanted him to come out from living a normal life?We would never know unless we watch the succeeding episodes.

As for the romantic angles of the TV series,we get to see Chloe having a new flame in Spenser Wolf,a co-worker at CTU.

And for Washington DC,we see Charles Logan as President of the United States.He is about to make a deal with the Russians and we would only find out how prominent his role is going to be in the next episodes.

In summary,we are set to have an entertaining and exciting Day 5 of 24.

Echo - Bravo - Charlie!

Author: Paolo Macachor (cardinalbunal@yahoo.com)
29 August 2007

Another long day! This is the second season I've devoted watching in the series that I have now become a fan of. As presumably by tradition, the early episodes are the most explosive and nailbiting. My favorites particularly were the hostage crisis, everyone's dilemma in the Sunshine Hills Mall situation, and the assassination attempt on the Russian president's motorcade. I don't even need to get into how worthy of Stanislavsky everyone was, but I'd like to give my hats off for a perfect choice in casting for Sean Astin who plays the moody and antagonistic bureaucrat in the first 11 or so episodes.

- As I have been told by someone, the first story arc is resolved in the 15th or 16th hour of the day (consequently being the 15th/16th episode).

- And after that is resolved, the suspense doesn't ebb in any way as our heroes uncover shocking revelations and must resolve the collateral damage of the day's events in the chill of night. It goes without saying that some of the explosiveness of the early hours of the day are not around, but you nevertheless enjoy seeing the characters undertake their tasks covertly.

- The final episode, I thought would end tragically without denouement but that is probably because I underestimated the hero Jack Bauer's craftiness and sleight of hand. Knowing the cliffhanger ending, and what follows in Season 6, it may sadden people to witness how tragic the character of Bauer actually is. And while it is no secret that the villains are taken to justice, some key story arcs are still left open ended, finishing Day 5 and Day 6 of the series, I can't wait to see where the writers will take Jack Bauer and company... and country in the following seasons.

24, Season 5 is 5/5.

It's a one man show after all

Author: ioannakou from Greece
4 March 2007

I have just finished watching season 5 and I haven't understood why I spent so much time connecting to all the characters that were there for Jack. Everybody seems to turn up dead at some point and I think this is very disappointing for the viewers. During the whole season I was worried that one more is going to die. This is very good for those who like to be shocked but it ruins any possibility to connect with the characters. And I think this is equally important for a successful show. I mean Jack Bower is the best and many interesting characters were introduced here but I missed Toni Almeinta and David Palmer. Apart from this socking beginning of one death after another the show was up to the standards of the previous 4 seasons.