IMDb > "24" Day 4: 8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"24: Day 4: 8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (#4.14)"

"24" Day 4: 8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (2005)

« Prev | 87 of 195 Episodes | Next »

Thoughts Of Reiko, Mary Lynn and Kiefer

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
11 November 2007

This was an outstanding episode, tense and fascinating all the way with just a minimum of annoying comments. Usually you gets tons of good stuff and a fair amount of bad, irritating people. In this one, it's almost all good.....very good.

Instead of going through everything that happens, which you can see yourself, I'll just mainly say a few words on two actresses here. I haven't commented yet on the return of "Michelle Dessler," who takes over as C.T.U. director after "Erin Driscoll" is mentally unable to handle things after the suicide of her daughter. Anyway, as critical as I am of the women characters of this show, I am very happy to see Reiko Aylesworth back. I think she has a classically beautiful face, an intelligence about her and simply is fascinating to watch. She's a terrific combination of beauty and brains. I hope she stays on the show next year as I have that DVD Season Five to watch sometime after I get done with this season.

The other woman is Mary Lynn Rajskub as "Chloe," who I've mentioned before. Yes, she's back after a short hiatus, being fired by Driscoll but now needed by Dessler. Chloe is one big pain in the butt, personality-wise, but who isn't on this show? Somebody one time said Mary Lynn looks really hot when she smiles and dresses up but she never does that on this show. She just frowns all the time and is mostly miserable.

Anyway, while "Paul" is being operated on after being shot in the shootout at the sporting goods store, "Jack Bauer" puts decides to put his life on the line again. This decision, I assume, sets up the final few months of the program. He plans to go underground as a hostage in hopes of meeting Marwan and the others at the top of the terrorist chain..... and, of course, to stop these people. That includes some guy we see impersonating a top-ranking military official. What he's up to, hasn't been specified yet.

You know Bauer is going to get the crap beat out of him numerous times in the upcoming weeks but he'll survive. How he beats the odds is what we'll see from this point on where he's alone in very hostile surrounds. That sounds about normal for him. Kiefer Sutherland must be totally worn out after shooting each of these seasons! I've never said it, but Sutherland does a fantastic job with this role. I'm sorry he seems to be having big-time personal problems.

Romantic Angles

Author: Desertman84 from United States
12 September 2012

Back at CTU Jack plans to use Dina to contact Marwan via one of Marwan's contacts. Jack offers Dina her own freedom and the chance to live with her son under the Witness Protection Program in return for her help. A cover story is prepared — that remnants of Navi's group attacked the CTU transport detaining Dina, and in the ensuing firefight Dina was able to take Jack hostage. Meanwhile Michelle is able to convince Chloe to come back to CTU after being let go earlier in the day. Jack and Dina are taken to Marwan, and Marwan's contact martyrs himself while being trailed by CTU. Marwan discovers CTU's ploy and has Dina killed and manages to evade CTU surveillance.

In summary,here the events that happened during that hour:

1.Dave Conlon shoots Paul Raines after Paul pushed Jack out of the way and Audrey Raines heard about it.

2.Dina Araz agrees to help CTU and Jack Bauer capture Habib Marwan in exchange for her and her son's freedom.

3.Habib Marwan captures Jack and kills Dina Araz.

4.With the intention of stealing a F-117A Stealth Bomber, Mitch Anderson gains access to an Air Force Base.

Using a someone as a leverage to get into a villain has also become a trademark of 24.Last season,Jack uses Jane Saunders to get touch with her father,Stephen Saunders.This time,Jack uses Dina Araz to get into Marwan Habib.

But what is new about this season are the romantic angles which isn't present in the first three seasons.We see it here between Michelle and Tony as well as Jack and Audrey.Also,we also see it when Audrey heard his ex-husband Paul got shot.We feel for her as she still harbors romantic feelings for him despite being involved with Jack.

I think that this helps generate more interest on the TV series.I credit the writers for it.