IMDb > Sarah McLachlan: Mirrorball (1999) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Sarah McLachlan: Mirrorball (V) More at IMDbPro »

Superb live performance! This is what I call music.

Author: ei98045 from Porto, Portugal
3 November 2001

I watched a DVD version of this concert and I was blown away. The concert is awesome, the live performance is superb. Most of the songs are just great. With the generally crap music that is made today, it's good to hear true musicians do their thing. Sarah and her band mates have my sincere admiration. You're in the right track.

Awesome!

Author: yossarian100 from usa
24 January 2004

Sarah McLachlan is in total control in Mirrorball. Everything you see and hear is there because she wanted it there. She appears on stage wearing a lavender evening gown topped by a black feather boa looking and sounding absolutely elegant. It took me a few minutes to realize she was also barefoot. Cute! Every song is a major piece of music, her performance way over the top, and the concert on dvd is probably even better than being there live. Sarah McLachlan has that rare talent of being able to visualize how her music sounds and looks to an audience and that talent sure shows in Mirrorball.

Nice Voice, Pretty Face, Bigoted Lyrics & No Class

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
26 May 2007

Sarah McLachlan has done two songs that bring tears to my eyes every time I hear them: "Angel" and the song from the film "Toy Story 2" (don't know the song's name). Hearing those helped make me buy this DVD, sight-unseen, because I wasn't familiar with her other work.

Wow, what a disappointment. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't want to hear singers, especially ones with sweet voices like McLachlan's, use profanity in their lyrics. It just seems so out of place, and so trashy.

The Canadian singer begins the concert with anti-Christian lyrics. That got things off to a bad start and there is no reason to have that kind of bigotry in your lyrics. Several songs later, I heard the f-word and a few other profanities. Wow, so much for the nice lady with the sweet voice. Is this typical of songwriters and singers of today? I hope not.