IMDb > Zombie Farm (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Zombie Farm

Zombie Farm More at IMDbPro »

Don't excpect anything great, just a lot of gore and fun

Author: ZombieLuvr-1 from United States
7 January 2008

There are a bunch of low budget zombie movies out there right now that are a lot of fun and I try to see them all. I saw Zombie Farm in May or June of 2007 in San Francisco at the Hole in the Head film festival. It played with Automaton Transfusion and Driller back to back to back. Automoaton is a kick ass zombie movie, too. Driller was a goofy, but entertaining slasher-monster movie.

If you're not expecting the budget and acting of studio movies, then all of these are worth seeing. Zombie Farm is way over the top with gore and comedy. Sit back and enjoy the ride, but don't look too deep and you won't be disappointed. I just saw that it's out on DVD now, so it's worth watching. The acting is so over done that I'm not sure if it's really good or really bad, but it's entertaining.

Automaton is pretty relentless. Again, it's low budget, so don't go in expecting multi million dollar precision, set that aside and you'll like it a lot. It's coming out on DVD in March. The mood and gore overcome a mediocre story to make this movie well worth buying.

Driller is pretty polished and looks to have a much higher budget than either of the others. The story line is fun and the movie has good gore, but the acting is awful. Get past that, and I really liked this one too. No word on the DVD yet.

I rate movies like this for what they are. In the low budget zombie genre Zombie Farm and Automaton Transfusion are nines. If you compare them to Oscar Winners, then they're more like fours. I give Driller a six on the entertainment scale and a three on the Oscar scale.

The low budget invasion has landed and in the midst of a bunch of crap there are some gems. None of these are the next Night of the Living Dead, but they are all very enjoyable (and, actually, better quality than NOTLD).

Dreaded shot on video zombie rubbish

Author: Leofwine_draca from United Kingdom
20 March 2017

ZOMBIE FARM is a typical indie zombie movie, shot on video without any real sense of style or originality. By typical, I mean typically bad, i.e. a film with virtually no redeeming qualities unless you have a massive predilection for shot on video trash.

The story charts a zombie outbreak in rural America. It happens when some psychotic inbred characters are poisoned by a water supply and turn into zombies. This is nothing more than a Romero copy, with some sloppy and fake-looking gore scenes, bad acting all round, and poor attempts at redneck humour. The amateurish look of the thing makes it all but unwatchable.