IMDb > Though None Go with Me (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Though None Go with Me

Though None Go with Me (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Movie Worth watching over and over again

Author: peraas from United States
9 April 2006

If you like the Magic of Ordinary Days, you'll like this movie. Triangle love but both men are presenting themselves in a gentlemen way, no bitterness between the two men falling in love with the same woman-Elizabeth.

This movie is full of faith in God no matter what trials and tribulations come into their lives. Elizabeth, Will and Ben they kept their faith no matter what.

Amy Grabow plays Elizabeth; David Narona plays Will Bishop; Brad Rowe plays Ben Phillips, and Cheryl Ladd plays the older Elizabeth, they all portray the characters so well, this movie is a feel good movie. and be sure to have a box of tissue ready because it's a tear jerker movie.

Hallmark, you've done it again, thank you for bringing such a wholesome movies into our living rooms.

Hallmark Has Done it Again

Author: nabor7 from Texas
15 June 2006

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and was amazed at how Elizabeth's faith and service was the centerpiece of everything. Growing up in the 50's, I appreciate the realism it showed of a previous decade. Having almost lost our house to the bank when my father died in the late 50's,it struck me how different we are now than then. Few mothers worked so if the father died and the house was heavily mortgaged, it was usually not long until it was foreclosed upon. I thought the movie portrayed life extremely well as I remember it back then. The hats women wore, (the nicest were saved for Sundays), the slower pace of life, and faith and religion playing a large part of everyone's daily life, especially in smaller towns. I enjoyed the cast and thought the acting was superb. I tend to overlook the slight irregularities such as mountains in a Midwestern town, and focus on what the actors are trying to present. If I can feel good about that, then nothing else really matters, and in this case I felt really good after this movie. Thank you Hallmark

A wonderful reminder of America's possibilities

Author: herbbaucom from United States
14 June 2006

I totally agree with the previous comments I read. I wholeheartedly recommend This movie to everyone, but I think it will be especially meaningful to Christians. It stands as a testimony to enduring love, and steadfast commitment to God even in the face of heartbreaking events that make it hard to understand God's care and leadership. I am a 70 year old man that well remembers the era of the 1950's. I feel that America's "Golden Age" was from about 1945 through 1965. But we cannot return to that time even if we wished, and it does no good to look backward. It now remains for us to keep reminding today's young people that they have the power to make America a better place for all of us, one person at a time. It is not too late for America, and movies like this one show us all what is possible. I am very grateful that this movie came into my life. I was so glad to see Ben come back to share the last years of his life with his first love. 15 years ago God led me back to my first love, so I know how Ben Phillips felt.

Wonderful Wholesome Movie . . .

Author: datrom-1 from United States
24 April 2006

I feel fortunate to have happened upon a wonderful Hallmark Channel movie called "Though None Go With Me." The story provided a beautiful viewing of a small town in the early 1950's. Having never experienced that decade myself surely makes me lament that I missed a very precious time in our history. My mother has so often commented on how she misses the way society was during the era of the 1950's. After viewing this movie, I was saddened to discover how incredibly accurate her musings really were.

As I watched the characters in this movie interact, it was obvious that there was an inherent innocence that defined this era. I also couldn't help but notice that people during this time were remarkably polite and civil to each other. There were definitely high standards that people invariably inspired to maintain. It's as though there were rarely any nebulous areas of decorum, ethics or courtesy. Things seemed to be defined more rigidly in terms of either black or white. There was no room for a rampant liberal mindset that would breed a lack of common sense, good judgment, respect and scruples.

It is extremely disheartening to realize just how profoundly we have devolved as a society in the span of the past five decades. This movie surely moved me through its bittersweet tale of love and loss. But what really struck me was the startling contrast of today's society to that of the 1950's era. In light of America's current unrest and inner turmoil, surely we ache for a period like the 1950's more than ever. And the real shame I believe is knowing that we will most likely never, ever be able to recapture that idyllic innocence again.

Discrepancies in Script .. from a 1951 'teenager'

Author: mj_bish from United States
7 May 2006

I was barely teenager in 1951. Young girls wore saddle oxfords and bobby sox more than the dainty ballerina shoe with hose. Also we did not wear hats everyday as they did in the 30's-40's. In the 50's, they were reserved for church if worn at all. I don't understand the plot of her being forced from her dad's home and no money whatsoever when he died. She could have kept it and taken in boarders, as was the custom in those days. Being from a military background, I know her fiancé Ben should have returned from Korea at least a Captain, promotions came speedily in wartimes and especially since he was a POW. He knew her dad had died before he was captured, why didn't he set her up for an allotment to help with her house.

Though none go with me, still I will follow...

Author: David Rosengreen from Australia
5 January 2008

Powerful! Moving! Heartfelt entertainment!

The story of a young woman with plans and dreams of her own, who yields her life to God, and in doing so instead trusts in His plan for her life. Through trials and tribulations, hardships and heartaches, her faith, though questioned and tested at times, endures and upholds her, shaping not only her own life, but of those around her.

It's a story about life and love, faith and friendship, hope and humanity. A movie that takes you through the whole gamut of the human experience. Full of meaning and memorable moments, the strength of the story is such that it stays with you long after the closing credits.

Encouraging, edifying, and uplifting. This is a story that speaks to the heart, strengthens the spirit, and nourishes the soul.

Guaranteed to make you cry.

Highly recommended for all!

Another well-mounted telepic in the Hallmark vein

Author: HallmarkMovieBuff from United States
10 June 2006

I don't usually take time out to watch movies with commercials, especially on a Saturday afternoon when time is better spent on chores. But Mom is visiting this weekend, and we picked this movie for its faith-based theme.

The first thing I noticed was the hackneyed set-up, with the girl and her boyfriend sweeping through to collect grandma's money on their way to California.

The second thing I caught was the grandmother (old Elizabeth) and granddaughter "acting" as they spar over the granddaughter's desire to grab the money and run. But Grandma demands twenty minutes to tell her story -- naturally, it takes up the better part of this 100 minute movie. Now we're only minutes into the movie, but you know the child is going to come around in the end. But at this point, the acting is about at the level of a bad high school play.

The third thing I noticed was an apparent discrepancy in the script. When asked by her father to pick the new associate pastor up at the train station instead of going to the movies with her girlfriend, young Elizabeth opines that she is going to "miss a date with Gregory Peck." Unless small town Three Rivers was lucky enough to have more than one movie theater, I don't know how she is going to do this when the movie on the marquee is "Strangers on a Train." Before too long, young Elizabeth starts dating the young minister and goes to see "A Place In the Sun." At least they got the year right on both movies. (At this point in the story, "our movie" as Robert Osborne likes to say on TCM, is set in 1951.)

After some time passes (we don't exactly know the year now), and the characters have been through some "life experiences," Elizabeth and her girlfriend, who's now come back into her life, are still pining over Gregory Peck, but we aren't let in on which of his movies they go to see.

Eventually, Mom and I settled in and started to enjoy revisiting a time we both remember. A strong point of this movie is the many things they got right, and my hat is off to the art and makeup departments that helped put this movie together. Eventually, too, both the acting and the script improve, despite their rocky starts.

Up to now I've written mainly about sidebar issues, because I don't want to give away too much of the plot, however thin it may be. So without going through the highs and lows in Elizabeth's life point by point, I'll say that this movie is a tribute to maintaining one's faith through thick and thin, and is in my opinion a worthwhile view whether the viewer happens to be going through a rough patch at this point in life or not.

An emotional thrill ride

Author: true2himself
26 September 2011

This is one powerful movie. The director here is a master in capturing the emotions of the characters perfectly blending those with the spirit of the events transpiring. When watching this movie, you will find yourself getting completely immersed in the story, more so than many other titles. The acting is superb, and the story follows the life of an alluring young woman who goes through a myriad of events, most of then unexpected. The movie starts with a known feeling of predictability, but don't let this feeling fool you. Here is a director able to create a drama without giving you the feeling of continually pushing up the drama factor in an effort to create an effect.

The movie spans across a time period of some 50 years and carries the viewer through an unending emotional roller coaster shifting from intrigue to happiness to sadness to gratitude, not necessarily in that order.

The film is very well-executed, moving, and heart felt. Highly recommended.

Though none go with me - still I will follow blindly.

Author: jollyfolly from Canada
20 December 2013

This movie was truly enjoyable, it was fun and was a nice movie to watch. It is a supposedly Christian movie, with such themes that are founded in Christ. But as you watch the movie, you realize that it has nothing to do with true faith, but blind-faith. It propagates the idea of blind-faith. Even the pastor in the movie hadn't an idea if God truly exists, but most bible-reading Christians will know that we can easily know, with help of the seal: the Holy Spirit.

So the movie was based on principles that didn't seem biblical - therefore not very Christian. The main character makes a decision to follow God, "though none go with her". But it seems to be that every time she brings up God, it is only in trouble, and seems to be a confusion of emotions. There weren't really any Christian themes in this movie, in fact, but it seemed to have promoted secularism. We have a wolf disguised as a lamb.

In conclusion, it is a romantic, enjoyable movie. But if you are looking for a Christian movie, you might be disappointed by this movie, since it is nothing biblical but secular.

-Peter

I'll never forget this film - and wish I was alive then -

Author: Drewboy-2
8 April 2007

I am only 47 but I agree with a previous poster regarding America's "Golden Age" but I would slightly shift the dates - from 8/15/1945 to 11/22/1963. After the Kennedy assassination and the arrival of the Beatles, this country started a long slide downhill. In actuality, the fall started in 1962 when the Supreme Court ruled against prayer in the public schools. This is why it was such a pleasure to watch this wonderful film last evening on the Hallmark Channel. Korea was a "hot" war that is often overlooked today. I teach English there now, and many older Koreans who lived through the war will come up to me say "thank you" even though I wasn't even born yet. Much of the younger generation there is defiantly anti-American, forgetting the sacrifices made for them. I thank God we had so many people step up like the fictional character Ben for what he believed God was telling him to do. We have lost so much of this in America. Even men will shed a tear at this film - the characters are so noble and believable.