IMDb > WCW SuperBrawl VII (1997) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WCW SuperBrawl VII (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Pure NWO PPV

Author: amanwhorocks from Czech Republic
12 February 2014

1. WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: Dean Malenko Vs. Champ-Syxx - Syxx won in a very good opener. 8/10

2. Six Man Tag Team Match: Konnan/La Parka/Villano IV Vs. Juventud Guerrera/Ciclope/Super Calo - Now.......That was a match! What a furious fun, except Konnan every guy moves like JOrdan. Calo and Guerrera were best. If I don't give this match full stars, then I don't know which i should. 10/10

3. WCW World TV Title Match: Rey Mysterio Jr. Vs. Champ Prince Iaukea - Mysterio is king of High-fly, magnificent moves. Iaukea retained by Regal's interference. 9/10

4. Buff Bagwell Vs. Diamond Dallas Page - Good match except DQ ending by NWO. 8/10

5. WCW U.S. Heavyweight Title Match: Chris Jericho Vs. Champ-Eddie Guerrero - Great performers, good match. 8.5/10

6. Faces of Fear Vs. Public Enemy Vs. Harlem Heat - Barbarian did some nice catching of flying opponents It was short and better than I expected. 7/10

7. Steve McMichael Vs. Jeff Jarrett - For me boring like hell. Jarrett was top heel! 6/10

8. Death Match: Kevin Sullivan Vs. Chris Benoit - Hell that stiffy non-wrestler Sullivan... Suffer when I watch him. Poor Benoit. Sullivan is as great as his Double Foot Stomp Finisher move :) Benoit won and finally get this dumb-ass from the ring. Only for taking Sullivan out of ring forever I give: 7/10

9. WCW Tag Team Title Match: Champs: The Outsiders Vs. Giant/Luger (appeared later) - Luger appeared and helped Giant to win Tag Team Titles. 6.5/10

10. WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: Champ-Hulk Hogan Vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper - Ugly main event with two over 40 bad-skilled wrestlers. Hogan won. 5/10

This is a very annoying PPV

Author: callanvass from victoria b.c canada
30 June 2016

Live from San Fransisco, CA

Attendance: 13,324

Your hosts are Tony Schiavone, Dusty Rhodes & Bobby Heenan

We open the show with Roddy Piper leaving "The Rock" prison in Alcatraz

Cruiserweight Championship

Dean Malenko (C) Vs Syxx

Syxx wins the title after Eddie Guerrero accidentally costs Malenko the match. This is an above average match, but there seemed to be something missing. I just felt these two are capable of much more. A good match that could have been better.

**3/4

Konnan, La Parka Villano IV Vs Juventud Guerrera, Super Calo & Ciclope

Konnan wins after pinning Juvi with a Razor's Edge into a powerbomb. They did some really creative stuff here. It was full of high-flying spots and lot of excitement. I love the Cruiserweights because they aren't so prohibited.

***1/4

Television Championship

Prince Iaukea (C) Vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

Iaukea retains the title after Steven Regal costs Mysterio the match. Iaukea figures out that Regal interfered and goes to give the belt to Mysterio, but Mysterio refuses it. They shake hands and embrace each other. This was a decent match, but it felt a little heatless. I just didn't feel this match was very important, despite the title being on the line.

**1/2

Diamond Dallas Paige Vs Buff Bagwell

DDP wins by DQ after the nWo tries to interfere. I was actually enjoying this until the abrupt ending. It moved quickly and managed to be fairly exciting. Decent stuff for sure!

**1/2

United States Championship

Eddie Guerrero Vs Chris Jericho

I am PUMPED for this one! Eddie retains with a sunset flip. This match was awesome! These two went all out and delivered an excellent match. The crowd infuriated me by chanting boring and being silent. At least the crowds today appreciate good wrestling.

***3/4

Triangle Match

The Faces of Fear (Meng & The Barbarian) Vs Public Enemy Vs Harlem Heat (W/Sister Sherri)

Public Enemy wins. This match was pretty pointless considering that nothing was on the line. There is nothing really wrong with it, it just lacked importance.

Steve McMichael (W/Debra) Vs Jeff Jarrett

Jarrett wins with the help of Debra. I can tell this PPV is gonna start to go downhill now. This is the first mediocre match of the night. There wasn't much Jarrett could do with McMichael's limitations.

*1/2

San Fransisco Death Match

Kevin Sullivan (W/Jacqueline & Jimmy Hart) Vs Chris Beniot (W/Woman)

This match means anything goes. Beniot wins after splashing Sullivan and Jacqueline simultaneously through a table. The table doesn't break and WCW officials are forced to come out. Sullivan, Beniot, and Jacqueline are all carried out on stretchers. Well, I have mixed feelings about this match. On one hand, it was cool to see Woman and Jacqueline kicking the crap out of each other at the same time Beniot and Sullivan were wrestling. On the other hand, it was distracting. I thought the match was pretty average as well.

Tag Team Championship

The Outsiders (W/Syxx) (C) Vs The Giant

Lex Luger was not allowed to wrestle because of Eric Bischoff. The match is now a handicapped match. Lex Luger comes out at the end. Bischoff tries to stop him, but Luger throws him aside. Luger and The Giant end up winning the tag team titles. Well, this match was below average to be expected. Nash hitting the jackknife powerbomb on The Giant was pretty cool.

*3/4

World Heavyweight Championship

"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan (C) (W/Ted Dibiase & Vincent) Vs "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Randy Savage turns heel and costs Roddy Piper the world title. This main event was a complete joke. Bischoff is robbing people of their money with crap like this. The ending to this match is an insult to anybody's intelligence. Rarely do I get this worked up over wrestling, but this really put a bad taste in my mouth.

½*

The PPV started off well, but went downhill after the undercard stuff was over. Unless you wanna be infuriated, I'd skip the main event. Then again, some people may dig the main event.

5.5/10