IMDb > "Montecristo" (2006/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Montecristo" More at IMDbPro »

An excellent soap-opera who changed, again, the rules

Author: maurob_arg from Argentina
20 August 2006

After "Resistiré" soap-operas became different, darker, more interesting and, specially, better.

We can say that "Montecristo" follows the "Resistiré" way, while reaffirming that a soap-opera can be as interesting as a series.

The TV program is excellent not only by the plot, but for the excellent performances, direction, production... ¡Everything is so well done!

A surprising fact is that the soap-opera (remember that "Montecristo" is emitted 5 times a week) is based in the Alexander Dumas's book "The Count of Monte-Cristo" and it follows the book plot very well!.

There's no question: "Montecristo", with "Resistiré", will remain in history.

Montecristo and Argentina's history

Author: maria galina from Argentina
16 November 2007

Montecristo has change the history of soap operas in Argentina. It is the first time that a soap opera has a missing's daughter on it. I mean, they used the military period as a part of the history of the characters and I think they did it extremely well.

I have talked to people who I know and who have watched Montecristo and we all agree in the way that this soap opera has made place to other people to know the true history of Argentina that every one wants to forget, because of course, it's painful to know that thirty years ago people would kidnap you if you thought different, but it was like that! Anyway, if you have the opportunity to watch it, do it because it's an excellent soap opera that keeps you coming till the end.

Crap

Author: Facundo Ratzinger from Mendoza, Argentina
8 June 2007

Another example of the typical "wanna-be-interesting-but-still-crap" soap opera, and a good example of how low TV can go, considering this was supposed to be one of 2006's best TV series. A sad piece of crap, like most telefe programmes. There's nothing that can be saved here: Echarri will never learn how to act, the music and edition are horribly pretentious, special effects are terrible. Its success can only be explained by the lack of better programmes on air TV, and gigantic promotion campaigns. Absolutely mainstream commercial product, poorly disguised as "avantgarde production", "revolutionary", "historic". Just crap. Luckily, no one will remember it in a few years, like most "revolutionary" products by our commercial TV.