IMDb > Ocean's Thirteen (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ocean's Thirteen

Ocean's Thirteen More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 29: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Ocean's 13, very good job

Author: kachorritolosa from Windsor. VT
10 June 2007

Very good movie. Better than Ocean's 12 by far, but not better than Ocean's 11. Ocean's 13 has more the taste of Ocean's 11. Plus the MASTER: Al Pacino.

I saw it on Hanover, NH with my wife, and we liked it a lot. Clooney does a fine job, Pitt is just ... Pitt. He didn't do much in this movie. Pacino is good on everything he does. My favorite performance is the one from Carl Reiner. Ellen Barkin does a wonderful job as well. Lots of fun. Well done movie.

Very nice view of Las Vegas.

Highly recommended !!!

Tame and Tired

Author: tabuno from utah
9 June 2007

This third and hopefully final version of Ocean takes a almost tired look at a prolonged criminal caper in Vegas that isn't as exciting nor captivating as its predecessors. The beginning plot outline seems almost desperate and forced together. Too characters, difficult editing and transitions, no time to really get caught up into most of the scenes. There are a few nice comedy pieces sprinkled throughout but absent the strength of female character starlets leaves this movie more about trying to be impressive without much power nor punch. While semi-literate, actively involving and managing to make it to the end credits, this movie moves more on inertia than interesting characters and tense plot situations. Five out of Ten Stars.

All fizzle, no pop.

Author: why-pinto from United States
8 June 2007

Who would let ANY of these guys into a casino ever again? Nobody. Who would be able to get a Chunnel tunneling machine beneath the Vegas strip undetected? Nobody. Those facts in and of themselves make this movie a sham. But willfully suspending disbelief of that- O's 13 has plenty else to make it implausible in the extreme. And plenty less to make it fun to watch.

If the enjoyability of your movie depends entirely on the personalities of your actors, and Ocean's most certainly does, then you'd better come up with something cool for them to say and do. Not so, here. The ludicrous nature of the caper and the complete lack of meaningful interplay among its protagonists wipes the flick free of anything like personality. The enjoyable things about Ocean's 11 (snappy dialogue,witty repartees, cool suits, clever dupes, intriguing subplots, etc.) have been completely exorcised. Now all we've got left are a bunch of cool guys without a script talking shop about pulling off an unbelievable, altruistically motivate non-heist (they're not even in it for the money). This flick is one step below a Discovery Channel documentary on dice making.

A Very Camp Macho Movie

Author: helenkmessler from United States
26 June 2007

Looks and rolling of the eyes, Oprah and all the rest. This guys are very questionable and I don't mean because they steal. They steal in a very civilized way, almost with a prim kind of detachment. George Clooney, which I love, is starting to look oldish and very feminine. was this on purpose? Brad Pitt is always chewing something and is always so close to Clooney that they could become a duo if not a pair. Matt Damon tries a nose but it won't have the repercussions of Nicole Kidman's. Here the nose is strictly four laughs and it almost succeeded. Ellen Barkin looks smashing for a woman of "her age" and rich, she looks rich. Andy Garcia walks through it well dressed and trying to cling on to something. His Oprah interview got me to laugh a little bit. Al Pacino, well, I don't know what to say. I'm not saying he should be angry with his director but should sue the Director Of Photography. At times he looked like my late aunt Margo. What was that? Listen, I'm not being facetious. I'm just treating the movie the way the movie treated me. Moronically. I got tired of seeing this rich actors make more money. This was my last Ocean, no matter how many more they throw my way.

This film has no soul

Author: marinavandijke from Netherlands
14 June 2007

After reading some good reviews here I was looking forward to this movie. Although Ocean's Twelve was obviously disappointing as a sequel, I had sincere hopes that the filmmakers had learned from their mistakes, and come back with some good stuff. And seeing this one get a 7,5 rating in here, I'd gathered that that was the case.

Well, I have to say I was a bit disappointed. This movie didn't have much substance to it. The roles of Damon, Clooney and Pitt were nothing special and actually minor. Also missing was a strong female lead. Where's Julia Roberts, where's Catherine Zeta-Jones? There was no one. Well, you had Ellen Barkin, but she played a fifty-ish slutty tart, not very exciting.

Sure, it's one of those movies where you have to play real close attention as not to miss anything, but then when you do, you realize how poor the plot is. Tension was lacking as it all seemed too easy a job for the Ocean gang to realize their goal. There's really nothing new here. No Ocean's 14 please!

I give it a 6.5/10 rating

No "Ocean's Fourteen", please!

Author: o.tacke from Berlin, Germany
9 June 2007

I was waiting for "Ocean's Thirteen" with a lot of excitement since George Clooney is one of my favourite actors but I was absolutely disappointed when finally watching the movie. Although the actors played very well, the plot was weird and it was hard to follow the story. To make it even worse, although it was said that the "job" was literally impossible everything seemed to be too easy and just a matter of money to be spent. The audience never had the impression that Danny and his buddies really had to struggle for their mission's accomplishment.

To put it in a nutshell: I hope there won't be an "Ocean's Fourteen".

Clever heist throughout

Author: Floated2
4 July 2016

Ocean's Thirteen is is the third film in the Ocean's franchise, and appears to be better than it's predecessor. The film includes what audiences enjoy, where the crew rob from the rich and donate to charity.

Similar as the other film's in this series, Clooney and Pitt merely walk through the movie without ever being forced to really act. They simply smile and pose. The film is done cleverly and the heist towards the end is well executed and thoughtfully entertaining. There is no nudity or vulgar language. Despite the location and these guy's profession, none of them are womanizers. And towards the end, there is even a scene in this movie where Pitt and Clooney get teary-eyed while watching Oprah (who also makes a cameo).

Silly fun

Author: NateWatchesCoolMovies from Canada
14 June 2016

As silly, gaudy and drawn out the Ocean's franchise had gotten by its third outing, I still somewhat enjoyed Ocean's Thirteen, an overblown attempt to keep the magic alive that most of the time trips over its own bells and whistles. That being said, the gang is all there, and that alone is good for some laughs. This time around, Eliott Gould's cranky charmer Reuben has been ousted from his Vegas property by Willie Bank (Al Pacino) a ruthless and ludicrously rich casino tycoon with big plans for the future. Reuben is left in a dazed depression, and the gang all drifts back together to try and rob the hell out of Pacino, using methods and cons so over the top they almost seem like a parody of the former films. Pacino is a bit more clownish than Andy Garcia's grim Terry Benedict was in the first film, which adds to the cavalier absence of any sense of real danger. In fact, Benedict is now chummy with the gang himself, which is a cute turn of events but kind of seems too silly. Ellen Barkin adds a lot of class as Pacino's head honcho, fitting into the Ocean world nicely. The gang I'd all back and more eccentric than ever, with Matt Damon scoring comedic points in one of the funniest prosthetic jobs I've ever seen. Newcomers to the show include Julian Sands, Oprah Winfrey and a reliably hapless David Paymer. It's not that this one takes the formula too far, it's just that we've been there, done that, got the t- shirt and there was really not much need for it. I won't say no though, because the blue print of what made the first so fun is still there, it's just been jazzed up and adorned with a few too many gilded sequins and fancy jib jab. Still enjoyable.

Maybe went over the heads of a lot of people? Holds up well, anyhow.

Author: rjm-geo from Japan
5 May 2016

Holds up well. Not as tight as the original because the original had surprise working for it. You know the formula now, so there is nothing for it but to sit back and enjoy the show.

So we go back to Vegas, we leave the girls at home this time, and line everything up for exquisitely executed revenge. It's a lazier, less suspenseful pace than the first film. It's not the "if" but the "how" that matters, and what good lines characters will give us as it all goes down.

I find I remember 13 a lot better than I remember 11 now. I like many of the scenes more, and I like many of the characters more. Ellen Barkin is a particular treat to watch. There is a lot of absurdest comedy, and lots of great, quotable lines. Music and visuals are absolutely top notch.

No, I really don't see why the hate is so strong for this one. A lot of people didn't didn't connect with it. Pity.

The Best in the Series for me next to the Original

Author: adonis98-743-186503 from Greece
16 January 2016

Danny Ocean rounds up the boys for a third heist, after casino owner Willy Bank double-crosses one of the original eleven, Reuben Tishkoff. Since Ocean's Twelve didn't reach the heights of the first one it was time for a part 3 which it includes the previous actors and also the iconic Al Pacino as the main villain. It has great plot twists the same charisma of the original actors and even some new ones the ending also shows that there won't be a Ocean's Fourteen which is for the better since the main characters split and try a different path on their lives. If you felt disappointed with the previous film this one will definitely make you excited once more.