IMDb > Ocean's Thirteen (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ocean's Thirteen

Ocean's Thirteen More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 29: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Ocean's 13, very good job

Author: kachorritolosa from Windsor. VT
10 June 2007

Very good movie. Better than Ocean's 12 by far, but not better than Ocean's 11. Ocean's 13 has more the taste of Ocean's 11. Plus the MASTER: Al Pacino.

I saw it on Hanover, NH with my wife, and we liked it a lot. Clooney does a fine job, Pitt is just ... Pitt. He didn't do much in this movie. Pacino is good on everything he does. My favorite performance is the one from Carl Reiner. Ellen Barkin does a wonderful job as well. Lots of fun. Well done movie.

Very nice view of Las Vegas.

Highly recommended !!!

Tame and Tired

Author: tabuno from utah
9 June 2007

This third and hopefully final version of Ocean takes a almost tired look at a prolonged criminal caper in Vegas that isn't as exciting nor captivating as its predecessors. The beginning plot outline seems almost desperate and forced together. Too characters, difficult editing and transitions, no time to really get caught up into most of the scenes. There are a few nice comedy pieces sprinkled throughout but absent the strength of female character starlets leaves this movie more about trying to be impressive without much power nor punch. While semi-literate, actively involving and managing to make it to the end credits, this movie moves more on inertia than interesting characters and tense plot situations. Five out of Ten Stars.

All fizzle, no pop.

Author: why-pinto from United States
8 June 2007

Who would let ANY of these guys into a casino ever again? Nobody. Who would be able to get a Chunnel tunneling machine beneath the Vegas strip undetected? Nobody. Those facts in and of themselves make this movie a sham. But willfully suspending disbelief of that- O's 13 has plenty else to make it implausible in the extreme. And plenty less to make it fun to watch.

If the enjoyability of your movie depends entirely on the personalities of your actors, and Ocean's most certainly does, then you'd better come up with something cool for them to say and do. Not so, here. The ludicrous nature of the caper and the complete lack of meaningful interplay among its protagonists wipes the flick free of anything like personality. The enjoyable things about Ocean's 11 (snappy dialogue,witty repartees, cool suits, clever dupes, intriguing subplots, etc.) have been completely exorcised. Now all we've got left are a bunch of cool guys without a script talking shop about pulling off an unbelievable, altruistically motivate non-heist (they're not even in it for the money). This flick is one step below a Discovery Channel documentary on dice making.

A Very Camp Macho Movie

Author: helenkmessler from United States
26 June 2007

Looks and rolling of the eyes, Oprah and all the rest. This guys are very questionable and I don't mean because they steal. They steal in a very civilized way, almost with a prim kind of detachment. George Clooney, which I love, is starting to look oldish and very feminine. was this on purpose? Brad Pitt is always chewing something and is always so close to Clooney that they could become a duo if not a pair. Matt Damon tries a nose but it won't have the repercussions of Nicole Kidman's. Here the nose is strictly four laughs and it almost succeeded. Ellen Barkin looks smashing for a woman of "her age" and rich, she looks rich. Andy Garcia walks through it well dressed and trying to cling on to something. His Oprah interview got me to laugh a little bit. Al Pacino, well, I don't know what to say. I'm not saying he should be angry with his director but should sue the Director Of Photography. At times he looked like my late aunt Margo. What was that? Listen, I'm not being facetious. I'm just treating the movie the way the movie treated me. Moronically. I got tired of seeing this rich actors make more money. This was my last Ocean, no matter how many more they throw my way.

This film has no soul

Author: marinavandijke from Netherlands
14 June 2007

After reading some good reviews here I was looking forward to this movie. Although Ocean's Twelve was obviously disappointing as a sequel, I had sincere hopes that the filmmakers had learned from their mistakes, and come back with some good stuff. And seeing this one get a 7,5 rating in here, I'd gathered that that was the case.

Well, I have to say I was a bit disappointed. This movie didn't have much substance to it. The roles of Damon, Clooney and Pitt were nothing special and actually minor. Also missing was a strong female lead. Where's Julia Roberts, where's Catherine Zeta-Jones? There was no one. Well, you had Ellen Barkin, but she played a fifty-ish slutty tart, not very exciting.

Sure, it's one of those movies where you have to play real close attention as not to miss anything, but then when you do, you realize how poor the plot is. Tension was lacking as it all seemed too easy a job for the Ocean gang to realize their goal. There's really nothing new here. No Ocean's 14 please!

I give it a 6.5/10 rating

No "Ocean's Fourteen", please!

Author: o.tacke from Berlin, Germany
9 June 2007

I was waiting for "Ocean's Thirteen" with a lot of excitement since George Clooney is one of my favourite actors but I was absolutely disappointed when finally watching the movie. Although the actors played very well, the plot was weird and it was hard to follow the story. To make it even worse, although it was said that the "job" was literally impossible everything seemed to be too easy and just a matter of money to be spent. The audience never had the impression that Danny and his buddies really had to struggle for their mission's accomplishment.

To put it in a nutshell: I hope there won't be an "Ocean's Fourteen".

Ocean's Eleven Lite

Author: Pihlaja from Helsinki
14 June 2015

The first Ocean's Eleven (the remake, not the Rat Pack version) is a classic heist film. Good team, excellent plot, clever twists, action, excitement, the whole nine yards. Ocean's Twelve, the sequel, is a convoluted mess that is best left forgotten. Ocean's Thirteen, the movie in question, falls somewhere in between. It's a huge leap forward in quality when compared to its immediate predecessor, but it doesn't quite reach the novelty and sheer fun that the first had in spades.

We return to Las Vegas as Reuben (Elliott Gould) has fallen to some hard times, being cheated on a casino deal by heinous Willy Bank (Al Pacino) and now it's up to Danny Ocean (George Clooney) and his crew to settle the score. It's a workable plot, though a touch too similar to the first movie to really impress with its originality. The movies look too similar for you to be able to appreciate it fully, and even the twists are somewhat predictable because of this.

And while the acting is generally very good, I don't really buy Pacino as an effective villain in a heist movie. The man can certainly play a villain, no doubt about it, but he doesn't quite hit the right notes here. Especially when the movie also contains Andy Garcia, the slimy ball of haughtiness from the first film. I also have to note that none of the characters have evolved at all. They're still the same old rogues they were in the first film, and while I don't expect a lot of character development in a cheerful heist film series, I'd appreciate if there was a little bit of it.

All that being said, I do think it's an enjoyable film. The heist itself is a lot of fun, the characters are still delightfully quirky and it seems like the film crew had a lot of fun.

Just passable!

Author: JohnHowardReid
13 June 2015

I'm amazed this movie attracted so many good reviews. For me, it offered just passable entertainment. In fact, three quarters of the way through, I was so bored with it, I seriously considered walking out, but I was jammed in and it was difficult to move. I will admit that the movie did improve in the last quarter-hour or so, when it finally got around to presenting a bit of action. Admittedly, I'd not seen the previous entries in this series, but the script didn't bother to fill in any of the essential details I'd missed and simply assumed that I already knew who everybody was and what their relationships and motivations were. And it's hard to believe that the film cost a cool $85,000,000. To break even, it would need to gross at least $150,000,000. I believe it did actually gross around $117,000,000. Those figures, I find very surprising. Good old Warner Home Video sent me the excellent Warner DVD, on which I actually found the short, "Vegas: An Opulent Illusion", much more interesting and entertaining.

Ocean's Thirteen

Author: Harikrushnan from India
23 March 2015

1. The plot was predictable but entertaining.

2. The performances - The star-studded cast did a fine job.

1. Toulour was an unnecessary addition. And he really isn't that smart if he was fooled by duplicates twice. Surely he should have checked the diamonds immediately on getting it? He should have remembered that the gang had pulled off a similar trick on him with the Fabergé egg before.

2. Al Pacino was wasted. He needed a stronger role as the villain.

3. How all the games were rigged was not shown.

An good entertaining film.

7/10 - Good

Returns to its Roots

Author: view_and_review from California
8 March 2015

The star-studded cast is back. I don't know the 13 and I didn't bother counting but if you've watched either of the first two then you're familiar with the main players.

Ocean's 13 sticks with the same style and a similar storyline. This time they are back in Las Vegas and their motives for this job is different. I liked them being in Vegas instead of France and I liked the job being yet another casino other than a museum.

You'll like Ocean's 13 for the same reasons you liked Ocean's 11, or even 12. All-star cast, the creative plot and sticking it to another unlikable guy.