IMDb > Augusta, Gone (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Augusta, Gone (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Absolutely Loved IT

Author: miaanne from United States
18 March 2006

Generally I hate Lifetime movies like this that try to deal with teenage problems (Odd Girl Out), But Augusta, Gone is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

Mika Boorem did an excellent job at capturing the true emotions of a teenager and just made me love her acting more.

Tim Matheson's directing was great.

Sharon Lawrence did a great job at portraying a worried and caring mother.

I was so happy with the movie and encourage everyone to see it and see the reality of drug abuse.

A Journey

Author: from United States
3 November 2006

Absolutely incredible! The film really captures Augusta's transformation and journey. Every time I see this film, I learn not only more about myself, but about the struggles we all go through and the choices we make. The harsh realities we all struggle to overcome. Mika Boreem is an incredible actress. There are many really powerful scenes in this movie that truly open your eyes. Their is so much emotion in each scene that you just have to watch. You feel connected. The music in the movie is awesome and goes great with each scene. Augusta, Gone is definitely my favorite film of all time. It will definitely impact your life.

Best movie on lifetime so far!!!!!

Author: ajk718 from United States
12 April 2006

i am not too big of a fan of lifetime. i only watch their movies occasionally when my mother is watching the channel, but this movie really surprised me. i was bored and my parents were watching it. my father falling asleep like always. from the beginning, i got hooked. the acting was great and the music that they chose to accompany the scenes was a great selection that seemed very relevant to what was going on, especially the avril lavigne songs. my parents went to bed midway, but i actually stayed up to watch the whole thing. GREAT MOVIE! i just wish lifetime would show it again so i can record it or that they would put it on DVD!!. i would definitely recommend this movie!

Exceptional directing refreshes a fairly common film

Author: KRJ548 from United States
14 November 2007

Though it tackles a fairly common social issue, Augusta, Gone is one of the few Lifetime movies that actually depicts teenage rebellion in a seemingly unadorned, unaffected way. One thing I sensed most from this film was integrity; that is, the director didn't try too hard to copy or counter other teen-oriented movies on Lifetime. Unlike like those other Lifetime movies, this film doesn't waste time on examining the ins & outs of youth culture--the clothes, the music, the attitudes--or anything else better suited for a sociology project. Instead, Augusta, Gone focuses on one girl's descent into the dark side of life and her eventual recovery through the aid of friends, doctors, and family. Ultimately, this is the kind of movie that teens can relate to without the glitzy teens or preachy parents found in other Lifetime films.

Movie Touches Home

Author: mjreynolds01-1 from United States
19 March 2006

As a mother of a now adult daughter who was exactly a spitting image to the girl Augusta, I totally understand how her mother felt ... and this movie touched home ... She was a lucky girl that her mom was able to break through to her ..... I was not as lucky ... My daughter is now 25, has 4 children by 4 different men, is anorexic, and on crack ... and still playing the mind games and blame games ..... and holding her babies over my head as bait ........ and as soon as I get close .. she packs up the kids and runs into hiding again This is Reality and life is not always Cotton Candy Sweet ... and Prayers and Faith sometimes are the only things that keep me going

it's not just another movie

Author: hoffy89 from United States
16 February 2007

this is a controversial subject of a movie it's based on a REAL boarding school that i personally attended as well as the wilderness "camps" it's not a joke, it's a serious, hard place to be at..

so, unless you don't know what these schools are like, don't say much on it and because i knew some staff who knew the girl, not everyone ends up like "augusta" .. people successfully graduate the program and love it..

it depends on the student..because there are a lot of resistant people to the program.. by the way, i was in the boarding school she was at when this life time movie came out... the mother over exxagerated on the book and the place.

Faboulous!

Author: stevexmaddenxx from United States
13 March 2006

Augusta, Gone which is based on the New York-Times best seller is truly a honest and compelling movie.

Augusta (Mika Boorem) has always been all-around a genuine, good person.

When Augusta turns 15 everything changes, no one knows exactly but we all have a sense it has to do with her parent's relationship. She starts smoking; drinking and doing drugs, finally selling pot/weed to make extra money. She skips school, runs away from home for hours at a time and suffers drug caused blackouts.

Augusta becomes a liar, a bad liar might I add. She hangs out with a crazy, wild child girl named Rain (Tamara Hope) and soon they do drugs, drink, they do everything together.

Her mother(Sharon Lawrence)who is too ashamed to send her to a rehab or anything of that matter, decides to put it aside for as long as possible and try and help her herself. Of course this is Lifetime and the man in the movie is known as the dummies and he thinks mom should cut them some slack; their teens, they rebel that's what they do.

Then one day Augusta runs away. Not the normal run away for six hours, but truly runs away (note: Augusta, Gone). Then something changes. Augusta decides to come home and is ready to grow up.

Overall this movie was amazing and I encourage everyone to read it!

Thanks!

Very real, incredible movie!

Author: littleheaven from United States
19 March 2006

I watch a LOT of lifetime movies. Some I like and some I don't like. This movie was not my favorite as far as entertainment goes, but it wasn't meant to be "entertaining." This is the reason I thought it was incredible. I loved it. There was nothing fake in this movie. I adore Mika, she perfected the role of Augusta. The directing was done very well. I felt like I was missing a lot of the story because so much had to be cut out in order to put it into less than 2 hours, but all other movies do the same. (In other words, when I like a movie, I always want to see more!) This movie was directed well. The main points were there and the acting was amazing. It reminded me a little bit of the Basketball Diaries but without as much detail. The important points were hit, the message was clear, and the end didn't leave you hanging. All in all I'd have to say this is one of the better lifetime movies I have seen lately, and I'm pretty sure I have seen every one of them...

Use Drugs Go to Gutter !

Author: whpratt1 from United States
21 March 2006

This film is not just another TV show about the evils of using drugs, it clearing shows how drugs effect the brain and brings its victims into letting their bodies be used by anyone who wants you, both male and female. You begin to hate everyone, because you have lost control of your own soul and become clouded as to just what is Right and Wrong. In this film, Sharon Lawrence,(Martha Tod Dudman),"Nearing Grace",'05, does an outstanding performance as the mother to Augusta, (Mike Boorem),"Sleepover",'04. Martha loves her daughter dearly, however, there was a recent divorce which caused the mother to keep occupied most of time trying to make a living. Many people have divorces and

the family is split up, which does not mean you can let yourself go to hell. There is an old saying, "Watch Out For the Company You Keep"; if you want to be a part of the IN Crowd make real sure it does not taken you straight into the GUTTER. When you lose control of yourself to drugs, you could do anything to destroy your entire life and wind up locked up forever. This picture clearly pointed out that the big problem you have in life is the Face You See In The Mirror everyday.

i loved this movie

Author: kelsowelso16 from United States
18 March 2006

I loved this movie!! it was really good. I would love to see it on TV more. I find it very inspirational for kids!! This was one of my most favorite movies on lifetime!! Mika Boorem was a great character in this movie, and i hope to see this movie show on lifetime more often My family and i all enjoyed this movie together, and where very touched of the story of Georgia (augusta)!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what else to say but this is one of the best movies i have seen!! great job Tim Matheson!! Now Mika Boorem is my all time favorite actress! Shes so good at such a young age! Keep up the good work, and have fun doing it!!