IMDb > "The Winner" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Winner"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Winner" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

What Was The First Joke?

Author: thoogie from United States
11 March 2007

I didn't see the pilot but I'm watching the show right now (3/12/07), and this has to be the ABSOLUTE WORST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

Is the person running the laugh track machine deaf and can't read lips or is he an outsourced worker living in India and does not understand English?

This show won't make it to the end of March.

Painful is an understatement.

When are they going to have the episode where he gets bullied and then starts taking karate lessons? Or is that one next?

Bring back Herman's Head and Greg The Bunny.

Just shoot me in the head already...

Author: Esch from St. Louis, MO.
4 March 2007

This show was promoted as "From the creators of Family Guy." If only this show was as funny as Family Guy.. Actually, eating lead paint chips is funnier than having to sit through this garbage.

I wonder how many laugh boxes they burned through on this first episode because they use laugh tracks every 2-3 seconds. I wish I were joking, they lay the laugh tracks on thick. Maybe they're REALLY hoping you're fooled into thinking this show is funny.

Oh and btw, all this show is is a VERY poor ripoff of "Get A Life" from 1990, a show that starred Chris Elliot... The difference is that show was actually funny! I doubt this show will make it past a few episodes, it's THAT bad.

There are no morals left

Author: snuggybearkids from United States
4 March 2007

I am usually tolerant of things that are on television these days...you kind of have to be with the kind of moral-less fodder networks present for the most part (there are exceptions, but that doesn't apply here right now), but the debasing trash of the Winner has reached a new low in comedy. The subject matter (putting down Down Syndrome kids, references to antisemitism, pedophiles, O.J, molestation, and other topics that are sick, and more so that they are used in the context of comedy), the use of profanity, racism (c'mon, you've got to have heard that line about not dating black people like they were a disease), and the obvious sexual innuendos around the kids, like when at the end of the pilot he comes in and says he touched the teen girl's breast (sick) are all contributions to a decay of society to think that it's alright to laugh at that. It shows lack of talent in writing, a total absence of any creativity and more. The fact that Fox airs shows like this is an indication that they are run by baboons (no offense to real baboons) and the network's only redemption is that the Simpsons are still on the air.

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]