IMDb > Attack Force (2006) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Attack Force

Attack Force (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 9: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Slow, No action, No Fighting, Voice Overs?

Author: termiteman from United States
16 December 2006

Segals movies go straight to DVD not the screens, he is still wearing overcoats to cover up his weight and where is his Aikido? I have noticed is voice changes, has anyone else noticed that? Can not say wait until it comes to DVD, now I will say I will wait until his movies hit TNT. Come ON Segal do some good stuff, not this junk, and what about real action Aikido, where is it, I take Aikido and can do the simple stuff you use in the flicks, go for some real moves, like Randori, or jiyūwaza - Geeze this movie really disappointed me. What was the plot, what was it about, when does the action kick in? Come on Steven

The worst Steven Segal movie ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: cstromski1 from United States
13 December 2006

Did Ed Wood direct this movie. This is the the Worst Steven Segal movie ever made. That's saying a lot because he's made some bad direct to video movies. Some were pretty descent,but this one is the worst of the DTV movies. His voice switches between some British guy and his actual voice. The action scenes are also pretty bad. You can tell that in some of the action scenes that he's using his stunt double. One fight scence was poorly setup. Look closely at the pillar to see what I'm talking about. I also didn't know that stairs had pullies instead of rails. The plot is'nt any better either. Half of it does,nt make sense. Steven Segal's men get killed and there's something about a superhuman CTX drug,That's funded and covered up by some coveret military people. Who ever takes this drug apparently can leap and act like a vampire. the drug also gets in the water supply. That part of the story never gets resolve. There is nothing good to say about this poor excuse for a movie,even for DTV standards. Does Steven Segal care about making quality movies anymore. I still have hope that he will. I highly reccomed that you don't rent this movie and especially don't buy this!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is that???

Author: Destroyer Wod from Quebec
27 August 2012

OK, i am partly kidding and i know this was originally something else, they dubbed Seagal's voice and made another movie out of it. First i own a Quebec version, so i have the movie in french, therefore the terrible dubbing is not a problem for me as i watch it in french dubbed... with the same voice all movie long...

Seagal is like Van Damme, his best work was his first 5-6 movies, then he made DTV release that where sometimes good and fun, sometimes awful. I have somewhat of a grudge against "Against the Dark" in term of Seagal movies, because he is barely in it even tough he is on the cover with his name too. But at least Against the dark in its category is not that bad... Forget Steven Seagal and you have an average vampire(that look like zombies) movie.

But then you have Attack Force... this "thing" dosen't even make sense... Its a bunch of scene stuck together that try to form a cohesive thing, but it fail so badly... Why? Maybe because they screwed it up themselves with that change of plot... Lets face it, Harvester would not had been a masterpiece... maybe not even a decent Seagal DTV movie, but it would had make a bit of sense I'm sure.

I was reluctant to see it, i knew it would be bad, and oh it didn't disappointed... I got it on a 3 x 10$ movie bargain bin, and well...at least i own it so its still possible i get all of Seagal's movie eventually, as i have already 80%. But it took me some time to watch it, sometimes the bad hypes are false, but in this case, they are just completely true.

Ed Wood would be proud !!!

Author: LFC13 from Greece
1 April 2007

Absolutely awful Seagal looks like a prehistoric gorilla that he couldn't spell a single word... they must try really hard to make such a trashy movie.......Ed Wood would be very proud of them !!.....no end and no beginning in this trash violence for violence with no reason at all ............the only remarkable thing is the blonde rocket with the ponytail fantastic babe i wish her better choices for her career in the future.............................................................. Seagal is a lot of heavier than he used to be he is look like an elephant and his fight scenes are absolutely pathetic......sad but true maybe its time to retire the end of the movie is just like shutting down the light and thats it all over everybody acts like a robots no feelings no dialogs and in the end you feel like playing a video game than watching a movie

Typical Post 2001 Seagal Fare

Author: SinnerStar from United Kingdom
17 February 2007

OK, sit-down, drink plenty of booze, suspend disbelief and you will enjoy this film.

Whilst watching this film I did not understand why Mr Seagal's voice was 'curiously' dubbed, I thought his dulcet whispering tones could not be heard after shooting and the production teams couldn't afford to get him to re-record. I have since found out that the dubbing was due to plot changes in post-production. I never noticed that the dubbing was done for this reason (plenty of booze!).

If everyone can see past the dubbing, the continuity errors, and the overall cheap feel to this film it is a rip-roaring collaboration of exiting ideas that gel together, not brilliantly - but do work.

This film will keep you entertained whilst you watch it - fights, guns, good looking girls, bad guys doing bad things - its all there.

Onto 'The Man' himself - Steven is getting old, he has put on some weight - please will everyone stop picking on him. If Sly Stallone, Harrison Ford & Bruce Willis can release sequels to there greatest ever roles at their ages, why can't Steven Seagal release another mindless action film! I would like to see any of you lot try to fight bad guys when you are in your fifties.

Having said that I would like to see Steven in a more challenging acting role, I can see him as a Mafia boss (without the long hair) like Jack Nicholson in the Departed. Any producers or directors out there want to give him a chance?

Imagine if you would Steven Seagal as Bill in Kill Bill (pause for thought) - nuff said!

Well OK its worth a look at but not a hit.

Author: vhs1999 from Australia
17 December 2006

Attack force is not due out in Australia till February 2007 but i managed to download the movie. I have to say its not the best work Steven seagal has done but its still worth a look at. The voice dubbing on Steven seagal and the other actors was funny to watch and the story was incredibly boring and is all to familiar with his past few films. I do have to say that good old Steven seagal is giving it a shot and ill give him that much. I am now looking forward to his next flick flight of fury. I hope its good. Oh and if you are watching closely you can see his stunt man in parts of the movie when they are attempting perform martial arts i can tell you its funny to watch all the same.

Def worth The Rental

Author: njbono-1 from Garfield, NJ
6 January 2007

OK I gave a higher rating then the movie is really worth, but just getting the laughter from this film is worth it.

The action is standard Segal action, lots of fighting and butt whipping. You can really see what this film intended to be originally - obviously an alien movie.

I love the parts where it goes from Segal speaking his lines, to John Wayne speaking Segals parts. I mean its just so funny.

So if you are looking for one of Segal's best movies this isn't it, but its funny as heck.

I do wonder, why would the studio think this would be better then what they had. What moron thought this up??

Best Seagal Straight to DVD to date!

Author: anonymous_content-2 from United States
10 December 2006

Hmmm, do I rent this movie or get a SuperStar from Carls Jr.??? I'll eat later......

What the hell is this movie about??????? who cares its got Seagal.

I should give this a 10 for sheer Must View. this movie is like crack! you know you can't not rent this crap when you see it. this is the greatest piece of Seagal Crap to date. I would recommend this DVD to anyone who loves to pick Seagals movies to shreds and needs a laugh out loud movie. the voice overs are great. His next movies, I can't wait, have you seen the titles?

Flight of Fury Once upon a time in the Hood Prince of Pistols!

You know you want to see them!

Go Steven! Steven Seagal-----HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-----> the bank.

Someone needs to figure out how Steven Seagal and Kevin Costner get people to give them money for craptaculer movies and do a commercial to show others how to get in on it.

Segal does it again!!! A Masterpiece!!

Author: erik4121
13 December 2006

Mere words cannot describe what I felt when I sat down to view an Oscar worthy performance. How he comes up with such golden gems, I will never know. In this such venture, Segal is Marshall Lawson, a man pushed to the brink after his team is wiped out by a one woman killing machine. It is up to Marshall to hunt down this evil syndicate & stop the spread of CTX, a DNA altering drug. In this movie, Segal shows off his acting ability by changing is voice throughout the entire movie. Brilliant, simply brilliant. I didn't know he had it in him. The story is amazingly well written, and his supporting cast make the movie worth watching. I don't want to give anything away, but, suffice to say, Segal does what he does best. My only regret is that I couldn't have seen this on the big screen. Bravo Mr. Segal, bravo!! Keep it up & never stop!!!

This movie is dumber than a box of hair

Author: beeyl65 from United States
14 February 2011

What a damned shame! Seagal used to be dan 7 level aikido master, but you couldn't tell if he'd ever stepped inside a dojo in his life by viewing this piece of garbage. Truly, the most interesting thing about this film is trying to guess if the actor doing the voice over for Seagal might be someone famous. It sounded a bit like Bill Pullman to me, but I can't believe that Pullman would ever stoop so low as to take such a gig, and in such a dreadful piece of dreck as this. Then again, there's Michael Caine's career - with wonderful performances interspersed with the tragic and awful - so anything is possible. The best part of the film would be if you never bothered watching it. Seriously, if you want the effect of watching "Attack Force," but can't afford a radical lobotomy, just pummel yourself in the skull with a hammer for four to five minutes. Your IQ will drop 20 points either way, but the hammering wastes an hour-and-a-half less of your life.

Page 8 of 9: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]