IMDb > Attack Force (2006) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 8 of 10: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Egads!

Author: duncanmaclachlan from United States
19 December 2006

I see as many Steven Seagall movies as I can and I have the wife watch them with me. She groans, but she watches that Trading Places fluff, so how can she complain? Anyhow, "Attack Force" was a severe letdown. I can't believe that Steven Seagall would let this movie pass as any kind of entertainment. It reminds me of the slow degeneration that has happened to the Seagall franchise. Much like the cowboy westerns, towards the end of that genre, the producers were foisting vampire and Frankenstein cowboys on an ever disenchanted fan audience and Steven Seagall is fast approaching the same end. This movie in one word? Egads! It looked more like the slashing bloodsuckers from Dracula's castle than something to be taken for entertainment. The acting cast was skewed. Who was that Frenches policeman and what's with the blond who's not even in the credits? She backed out after realizing she cursed any career she had hoped for? As if the Steven even hoped for a romance in the flick. She looked like his teenage daughter and he looked like he buys his love off the street. He's getting too old for that stuff or get an older classier babe. What? One can't be found? Make a better movie! I'll try to be entertained by another Steve movie, but even my long patience is running thin after fifteen years. I hate to admit my wife is right. I hope Steve gets it right on the next one. This movie absolutely stunk.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Author: Steven Ashley Wilson from United States
17 December 2006

I was walking down the aisle at Blockbuster looking for an action movie to rent. I came across Attack Force. I have enjoyed previous Seagal movies. I knew full well not to expect that good of a movie, but I have always enjoyed Seagal and his martial arts. So...without checking here first and without having even heard of this film, I decided to rent it.

Oh my God. I can't believe anyone would give this movie more than one star! The over dubbing of Seagal's voice was so bad and distracting. As was previous stated, Seagal looked tired and lethargic. The plot was all over the place and the ending was sudden with no closure. The movie was really bad! It was quite the disappointment!

what happened to dubbing???

Author: banda-5 from United States
17 December 2006

i have been watching Segal movies since i was a teen,but i swear this is the worst yet. i know they say he has put on weight.. but when you are nearly 60, weight can be a problem. but you can put a 100 people reading dialog in a room and have a Segal fan blindfolded and even with that many people you can definitely pick out that voice. this movie uses someone else's voice off and on so many times it is unreal. even mid sentence it changes. i won't even go into the lack of movement on his part... lets just say the action that you can tell is really Segal.. reminds one of too little girls slapping at each other. after watching this movie i watched the internet to see if Segal would sue... that is how bad it was , so if you watch it bring a barf bag this one is nasty.

Slow, No action, No Fighting, Voice Overs?

Author: termiteman from United States
16 December 2006

Segals movies go straight to DVD not the screens, he is still wearing overcoats to cover up his weight and where is his Aikido? I have noticed is voice changes, has anyone else noticed that? Can not say wait until it comes to DVD, now I will say I will wait until his movies hit TNT. Come ON Segal do some good stuff, not this junk, and what about real action Aikido, where is it, I take Aikido and can do the simple stuff you use in the flicks, go for some real moves, like Randori, or jiyūwaza - Geeze this movie really disappointed me. What was the plot, what was it about, when does the action kick in? Come on Steven

The worst Steven Segal movie ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: cstromski1 from United States
13 December 2006

Did Ed Wood direct this movie. This is the the Worst Steven Segal movie ever made. That's saying a lot because he's made some bad direct to video movies. Some were pretty descent,but this one is the worst of the DTV movies. His voice switches between some British guy and his actual voice. The action scenes are also pretty bad. You can tell that in some of the action scenes that he's using his stunt double. One fight scence was poorly setup. Look closely at the pillar to see what I'm talking about. I also didn't know that stairs had pullies instead of rails. The plot is'nt any better either. Half of it does,nt make sense. Steven Segal's men get killed and there's something about a superhuman CTX drug,That's funded and covered up by some coveret military people. Who ever takes this drug apparently can leap and act like a vampire. the drug also gets in the water supply. That part of the story never gets resolve. There is nothing good to say about this poor excuse for a movie,even for DTV standards. Does Steven Segal care about making quality movies anymore. I still have hope that he will. I highly reccomed that you don't rent this movie and especially don't buy this!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is that???

Author: Destroyer Wod from Quebec
27 August 2012

OK, i am partly kidding and i know this was originally something else, they dubbed Seagal's voice and made another movie out of it. First i own a Quebec version, so i have the movie in french, therefore the terrible dubbing is not a problem for me as i watch it in french dubbed... with the same voice all movie long...

Seagal is like Van Damme, his best work was his first 5-6 movies, then he made DTV release that where sometimes good and fun, sometimes awful. I have somewhat of a grudge against "Against the Dark" in term of Seagal movies, because he is barely in it even tough he is on the cover with his name too. But at least Against the dark in its category is not that bad... Forget Steven Seagal and you have an average vampire(that look like zombies) movie.

But then you have Attack Force... this "thing" dosen't even make sense... Its a bunch of scene stuck together that try to form a cohesive thing, but it fail so badly... Why? Maybe because they screwed it up themselves with that change of plot... Lets face it, Harvester would not had been a masterpiece... maybe not even a decent Seagal DTV movie, but it would had make a bit of sense I'm sure.

I was reluctant to see it, i knew it would be bad, and oh it didn't disappointed... I got it on a 3 x 10$ movie bargain bin, and well...at least i own it so its still possible i get all of Seagal's movie eventually, as i have already 80%. But it took me some time to watch it, sometimes the bad hypes are false, but in this case, they are just completely true.

Ed Wood would be proud !!!

Author: LFC13 from Greece
1 April 2007

Absolutely awful Seagal looks like a prehistoric gorilla that he couldn't spell a single word... they must try really hard to make such a trashy movie.......Ed Wood would be very proud of them !!.....no end and no beginning in this trash violence for violence with no reason at all ............the only remarkable thing is the blonde rocket with the ponytail fantastic babe i wish her better choices for her career in the future.............................................................. Seagal is a lot of heavier than he used to be he is look like an elephant and his fight scenes are absolutely pathetic......sad but true maybe its time to retire the end of the movie is just like shutting down the light and thats it all over everybody acts like a robots no feelings no dialogs and in the end you feel like playing a video game than watching a movie

Typical Post 2001 Seagal Fare

Author: SinnerStar from United Kingdom
17 February 2007

OK, sit-down, drink plenty of booze, suspend disbelief and you will enjoy this film.

Whilst watching this film I did not understand why Mr Seagal's voice was 'curiously' dubbed, I thought his dulcet whispering tones could not be heard after shooting and the production teams couldn't afford to get him to re-record. I have since found out that the dubbing was due to plot changes in post-production. I never noticed that the dubbing was done for this reason (plenty of booze!).

If everyone can see past the dubbing, the continuity errors, and the overall cheap feel to this film it is a rip-roaring collaboration of exiting ideas that gel together, not brilliantly - but do work.

This film will keep you entertained whilst you watch it - fights, guns, good looking girls, bad guys doing bad things - its all there.

Onto 'The Man' himself - Steven is getting old, he has put on some weight - please will everyone stop picking on him. If Sly Stallone, Harrison Ford & Bruce Willis can release sequels to there greatest ever roles at their ages, why can't Steven Seagal release another mindless action film! I would like to see any of you lot try to fight bad guys when you are in your fifties.

Having said that I would like to see Steven in a more challenging acting role, I can see him as a Mafia boss (without the long hair) like Jack Nicholson in the Departed. Any producers or directors out there want to give him a chance?

Imagine if you would Steven Seagal as Bill in Kill Bill (pause for thought) - nuff said!

Well OK its worth a look at but not a hit.

Author: vhs1999 from Australia
17 December 2006

Attack force is not due out in Australia till February 2007 but i managed to download the movie. I have to say its not the best work Steven seagal has done but its still worth a look at. The voice dubbing on Steven seagal and the other actors was funny to watch and the story was incredibly boring and is all to familiar with his past few films. I do have to say that good old Steven seagal is giving it a shot and ill give him that much. I am now looking forward to his next flick flight of fury. I hope its good. Oh and if you are watching closely you can see his stunt man in parts of the movie when they are attempting perform martial arts i can tell you its funny to watch all the same.

Def worth The Rental

Author: njbono-1 from Garfield, NJ
6 January 2007

OK I gave a higher rating then the movie is really worth, but just getting the laughter from this film is worth it.

The action is standard Segal action, lots of fighting and butt whipping. You can really see what this film intended to be originally - obviously an alien movie.

I love the parts where it goes from Segal speaking his lines, to John Wayne speaking Segals parts. I mean its just so funny.

So if you are looking for one of Segal's best movies this isn't it, but its funny as heck.

I do wonder, why would the studio think this would be better then what they had. What moron thought this up??

Page 8 of 10: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]