IMDb > Attack Force (2006) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Terrible...just plain terrible

Author: lee nicholson (dolemite72) from middlesbrough, UK
8 December 2006

Now, as much as i like Steven Seagal, it's getting increasingly harder to continue so (and i'll wager this movie converts no new fans either?) I don't know where to start?......let's see.....the movie makes little (or no) sense. Now i'm fully aware this movies central plot has been altered, but the end result is totally confusing, and doesn't require all the editing and re-dubbing that has eventually gone into it. The look of the movie is fine (for a rumoured $12m budget) and near the end, certain scenes give an impression of what could have been, but too much filler (and i do meant T O O much filler) is wasted on the first 60 mins of the movie. Seagal is his usual stoic self (although fight scenes are kept to a minimum) and it's not that any other performances are bad, just the manner of the finished (edited) product.

The dubbing is truly horrendous (with Seagal sounding like Peter Falk, in some scenes) made all the more phoney, for only being partially dubbed throughout whole sentences.It's also apparent that Seagal is mouthing the actual dialogue, that is being dubbed anyhow.....which makes me ask.....why? Why are these companies not talking a stand, if Seagal isn't speaking loud enough. I think these companies are too soft with him. Sure you respect an actor, even fear him.....but when he won't even speak properly, do his fightscenes or body shots....then it's time for some tough love. Not that i reckon, his next movie could be worse, but i'll catch a screener first, and if it's no better......i won't be buying it. Which is a first for me....because i'm a huge Seagal fan.....but it's becoming a one way relationship, if Seagal thinks a few poorly dubbed scenes are ample reward for my (nearly) 20 years loyalty......he can think again.

Easily Seagas worst movie

3 out of 10

Not so good.

Author: kyle-mcdonald from Canada
10 May 2009

Well let me say that I have always been a Steven seagal fan and his movies are usually great but this just don't measure up to the rest. This in my opinion is very stupid I did not like it all. The biggest reason I don't like it is because it is very flawed and to me does not make much sense. The acting is very bad even Steven seagal does not do good acting, The rest of the actors I can see because they just do direct to video movies. It does not follow a straight storyline everything happens at once so that why it doesn't make much sense. Ther is barely any action in it at all and in order to make an action movie good you usually need action in it. The special effects are very bad and you can tell are fake. So all in all this has to seagals worst movie of all so if you want to see a Steven seagal movie don't rent this one just pretend it does not exist. So just avoid this movie.

Overall score: ** out of **********

* out of *****

Black Night

Author: unbrokenmetal from Hamburg, Germany
21 November 2008

Another Seagal cheapo shot in Romania. Almost all scenes play in total darkness which made it even cheaper than the others I guess, but it's the best thing about the movie because it adds a certain horror movie feeling. At the beginning, it seems to be only a crime story: Commander Lawson (Seagal) loses his team to a female killer. He finds out she is addicted to a new drug called CTX, a trace that leads him to the chemist Tia (Lisa Lövbrand) and the dealer Aroon (Adam Croasdell, best actor in this movie!). While the body-count is rising, everything becomes more and more bizarre and turns into an apocalyptic fight for survival. Despite the annoying hand-held camera shaking around for no purpose, "Attack Force" does have a couple of good bad moments. It just seems everyone somehow lost interest while making it. If it was more to the point, it could have been worthwhile. Maybe it lacked a stronger director to push everybody a bit and iron out the bugs?

Waste of time

Author: The Shadow Sweeper from United States
3 March 2008

Okay, first off, Seagal's voice is dubbed over for like 50% of the film... Why? Because apparently there were rewriting the script and story as they were shooting and they need to change his dialogue for story continuity as they have multiple versions. From the very beginning, you just scratch your head because the overdubs are not only distracting, but they make no sense.

That said, the story still sucked and doesn't make any sense at all. When I got the the end, I was just scratching my head cause the movie was so pointless and the ending didn't even make sense.

Avoid like the plague. This movie made me stop watching Seagal straight to video movies cause they just get worse and worse.

A poor attempt at a horror movie

Author: KHayes666 from United States
20 February 2008

I think its time for Seagal to go quietly into the night. What I have just seen makes all his direct to video releases in the last few years look like his early 90's smash hits in comparison.

A secret bio lab is making a new kind of drug that jacks up a human's adrenaline system to the point where they become psychopathic killers or something. Somehow Seagal is supposed to stop the infection or its the end of the world...or something. Seagal also went through hit squads like jellybeans, every time I look up he was commanding a new face so it kinda got hard to follow character development as well I know Steven's athsma prevent him from yelling at the top of his lungs but even so why is he constantly being dubbed by people who sound nothing like him? Usually the films plot and action sequences can save it from being a total waste of time but this was not even close. Like I said, it was more of a horror movie with a lot of blood and shank stabbing rather than straight up fighting. The problem was it wasn't really scary and Seagal looked completely out of place because the infected people were supposed to have speed of light movement yet the 40 year old 280 lb Seagal killed them all singlehandedly? I guess the lone highlight of the movie was the first 20 minutes where the new recruits ask Seagal to come to the strip club with them.

2 out of 10

Oh.. My.. God..

Author: cybergrunt from Australia
30 August 2008

I feel blessed to own what is known as the worst Steven Seagal movie ever made. I knew I was on to something special when Steven opened his mouth and someone else's voice came out. By the middle of the film my eyes were beginning to hurt and I was almost falling out of my chair with uncontrollable laughter.

Steven is Steven (with an ever changing voice) and totally unbelievable in his role (as always). Who the hell lets people with bad nappy-hair pony tail mullets into the Forces anyway? He also always writes himself into totally unbelievable love interests with women at least 20 years his junior. The supporting actors all look like they've been shot in the dark - btw, did they shoot this movie in the dark with just a penlight torch for lighting?

This is truly abominable in every way possible. Invite all your friends around and make a social event out of it - this one's truly special.

Seagal really let the side down

Author: Seagalogist from Cork, Ireland
18 September 2007

What was Steven Seagal thinking? I mean firstly I love Seagal. I love all his movies up to the mid 2000s. His early stuff is some of the best in the genre. This however does not live up to its excellent name. Attack Force (with protagonist Marshall Lawson {Seagal}) would be expected to be a mindless action movie with Seagal in typical one-liner ass kicking form. However, what we get is a crime mystery, bordering on a political thriller with little or no action. Seagal is always in shadows because of his weight. I could not follow this story. There's people who mutate to superhumans when they take a drug. What happened in this movie. The dubbing of Seagal is a disgrace, a shambles and a shame. Why dub the man? The story is terrible. This got a 2/10 from me because of the scene where Seagal asks for backup despite having an army with him, and an hilarious fight scene where seagal swings his hands like a girl facing the camera! "Revenge is a two way street" seagal says in this movie...well forget revenge Steven, you need redemption!

Open letter to Steven Seagal: brother, please don't this to us anymore

Author: moichido from United States
26 May 2007

Steven buddy, you remember when you said this:

"Try to find the path of least resistance and use it without harming others. Live with integrity and morality, not only with people but with all beings."

you have not been doing that, you have mortally wounded your fans and their morality with these "films" I wouldn't even bother if I didn't know you are so much better than this, I've seen the videos of you teaching, you are so much better than this why why brother why...

steamroller productions has been steamrolled I promise bro i am not afraid of you I will tell you the truth to your face so we can fix it.

well I like some others fell asleep 90% in, but to be fair i was tired and had a large meal just an hour before hand Sensai, what are you doing. 12 million? really? do you have any idea what we could have done with $12,000,000 It could have been in the theaters and a blockbuster hit, if you wanted we could have donated money from the huge profit to a homeless shelter or something. These post production people are ripping you off man the choreography was non existent, we can do better man, the eye blinking thing was from the men in black movie, i half expected will smith to appear or tommy lee Jones to tell your they were gills not eyelids.

Seagal you are an Aikido master, why are you doing this to yourself, to us? when you came on the scene, you had such a fresh direct style, and it was obvious you are a teacher cause the way your moves were so clear and crisp, watching your first three movies i felt like you were teaching me something, now i feel like you are just being ripped off or something i feel like I need to save you buddy, this time you are the one who was killed and I'm gonna go and get revenge for you by helping you make the best movie ever. bro i know who you really are, i know the truth about the Nico movie. let's talk.

contact me man i got some fresh ideas I am a nit picker, I swear you will not be disappointed with my attention to detail and we'll do it for the fans man, your fans deserve better, we're hanging on, but the strand is about to snap. I swear I will not let your movie out the door with a single mistake in it I'm still trying to figure out if that was the worst dubbing ever, or you have laryngitis, but i promise you i can do a better impression of your voice than the lame **** who didn't even try. I sure hope you kicked him in the nuts as his payment. i can come up with a story and a plot that can be matched to your avenging the death of your student/daughter/wife/dog/house plant niche and I promise you we will bring you back, I promise, also I want to go in the direction, that makes people think, if you let me in i promise we will make a movie that people will walk away and have to have a discussion about it, a serious thought provoking, perception altering experience.

Steven Seagal This is my official in writing permission for IMDb to release my contact info to you for the purpose of resurrecting one of the best martial arts heroes I have ever seen also, for the record hes not Italian, hes Irish and Jew so you call it bad acting i call it terrific acting, because you have believed for 20 years that Seagal is Italian :) kinda changes your perception doesn't it.

Seagal's dignity went down the toilet with this

Author: ghostman16 from United Kingdom
1 April 2007

Steven what have you done you have hit an all new low. It is weird since Steven's last film shadow man was directed by the same director who did this trash. Shadow man was good this was diabolically bad so bad it wasn't even funny Steven is hardly in the movie and feels like he is in a cameo appearance and when he is in the film he is dubbed half the time anyway. As for the action well let's just say the wizard of oz had more action than this trash there is hardly any action in the film and when it does finally arrive it is boring depressing badly shot so called action scenes. Seagal hardly kills anyone unlike his over films where he goes one man army ie under siege 1 and 2 and exit wounds. the plot is so confusing with so many plot holes that it doesn't make scenes sometimes. flight of fury better be good what a shame i wasted 5 pounds on this garbage 0 out of ten better luck next time

"Revenge is a two way street." Steven Seagal's worst film to date, end of discussion.

Author: Paul Andrews (poolandrews@hotmail.com) from UK
23 February 2009

Attack Force is set somewhere in or near France where two secret US government military agents Commander Marsahll Lawson (Steven Seagal who also co-wrote & produced this monstrosity) & Lieutenant Dwayne Dixon (David Kennedy) are stationed, one night three of their men go out to a strip club & pick a prostitute up who turns out to be a raving psycho on a new drug called CTX which makes any user inexplicably gain super-human strength who brutally kills all three of them. Neither Lawson or Dixon are happy & set out to get to the bottom of the gruesome murders, the trail leads to a Russian bird (Ileana Lazariuc) & an American guy who plan on releasing CTX into the local water supply to turn the entire city into addicts for reasons I am not sure about. With the dual task of revenge & saving the local population Lawson has his work cutout, he leads a team of US soldiers into the enemies base in order to stop their evil plans once & for all...

This Romanian, British & American co-production apparently had the working title Harvester & was directed by Michael Keusch & for me is the single worst film Steven Seagal has made to date that I have seen & believe me when I say he has made some seriously rubbish films, I should know better than to even bother with Seagal's straight-to-video/DVD output but I always seem boneheaded enough to spend my time watching them in the hope that one might just be alright but generally speaking I am disappointed more often than not. Right, lets start with the positives of Attack Force. Well, there's a really hot blonde woman in it named Lisa Lovbrand (who co-writer Seagal cheekily writes his & her character's a kissing scene) who is a joy to look at & there's one minor surprise towards the end as one character has a very unexpected fate which goes against cliché which was nice but apart from those two minor positive aspects Attack Force is a really, really awful film. The script is almost incomprehensible, Attack Force is one of the most poorly scripted & downright confusing films you are ever likely to see. There's lots of scenes of men in suits trying to act sinister to try & make this large conspiracy seem threatening & interesting but the film never really introduces anyone properly & I don't mind admitting there were parts of the film where I didn't have a clue who anyone was or what relevance to the overall plot certain scenes had. The dialogue is terrible, the plot makes no sense & has some of the worst narrative ever & there's not even that much action in it either to compensate. The whole plot about the CTX drug being released into the water is never resolved & there's no explanation or reason as to why this drug makes people super strong & able to to throw people through concrete walls or why their eyes flash. For my money Attack Force is one of the worst written films I have ever seen & the worst film Seagal has made (or likely to make) which is saying something.

Besides being conceptually awful Attack Force has production values to match, you will simply not believe the dubbing in Attack Force it's so bad. Every so often Seagal's voice changes completely as he is overdubbed for no apparent reason, couldn't Seagal have done it himself? The guy who dubs Seagal sounds literally nothing like him. It's very odd watching a familiar Seagal on screen but hearing a completely different voice come out of his mouth & sometimes during the same scene to make things even more laughable. The action scenes are awful, there's some really lame hand to hand combat stuff that is so poorly shot & edited it's just a complete mess to watch. There's no car chases or explosions or big stunts & apart from a few forgettable shoot-outs there's little here to even suggest it's an action film. The makers decided to set the final showdown in a run down château for some reason, it's actually quite an atmospheric location but Attack force is meant to be a high octane action film not a horror film. The film has very low colour levels the picture seemed far too dark to me.

Apparently the budget for this was $12,000,000 which I simply can't believe, there's no way this cost twelve big ones & if it did where did all the money go? Filmed in Bucharest in Romania. The acting here is atrocious too, apart from the already mentioned Lisa Lovbrand who is a complete hottie no-one is worth mentioning & Seagal is just terrible as usual as he is so fat & out of shape he doesn't convince as an action star anymore.

Attack Force is an absolutely terrible film on every level, this just doesn't have any redeeming features at all as far as I am concerned. Not to be confused with the Mel Gibson action film Attack force Z (1982).

Page 2 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]