I own the DVD of HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE. This DVD had a 2-disc set (Disc 1 - The Movie, Disc 2 - Making Of The Movie/Special Features etc.) Having already watched the movie, I decided to give Disc 2 a watch.
There are a variety of different features like;
REFLECTIONS: WHERE THE CAST SHARE THE MEMORIES RIGHT FROM THEIR VERY 1ST DAY OF SHOOTING PHILOSOPHER'S STONE AND LOOKING AT HOW HP PROGRESSED
1) It was wonderful to see the journey of how HP progressed.
2) Wow. Looking at the stars like Daniel, Rupert and Emma back then - they look adorable!
3) It seems like it was yesterday when they started filming the 1st HP movie.
MEET THE CHAMPIONS: WHERE WE GET THE CHANCE TO MEET THE TRIWIZARD CHAMPIONS
1) They were the perfect cast to play the 3 champions.
2) Krum, huge and quite scary. Fleur, petty and pretty. Diggory on the other hand popular, tough and a rightful Hogwarts student.
3) The champions had really busy schedules, from waking up at 5:00 AM, rushing to the studio and doing all sorts of film stuff and finally finishing up at 7:00 PM (daily).
THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT: THE GREAT INFAMOUS COMPETITION
1) Lets start off with The Dragon Challenge. I think the film makers did an incredible job in making Hortail, creating all the effects/movements etc. in order to created a terrifying dragon. And it most certainly was.
2) The Black Lake Challenge was amazingly done. I was surprised to know they actually built a 20 foot "sort of pool" for the lake. Their next job was creating the mer-people and all the other creepy-crawlies in the lake, they were made in models at first but then was transmitted to CGI.
3) The final and hardest challenge - The Maze. The whole maze was actually fake (obviously) and the creatures were made by CGI. Very realistic looking in the movie.
HOGWARTS: SIMPLY THE THINGS AT HOGWARTS
1) Hogwarts was good in this movie, it still followed the feel and the magic.
2) The Yule Ball was splendid. From the enchanting Christmas trees to the ice-cold dance floor - everything was done perfectly. And the teaching to dance part was really funny - even though Dan wasn't that bad Tom was the best! (What a surprise)
3) From the classrooms to The Great Hall, Rowling's description of Hogwarts comes to life - only better!
VOLDEMORT - DA DA DAAA!
1) Voldemort. WOW! We actually see him for real in this movie!
2) Ralph Fiennes is the PERFECT person for his role. He's absolutely amazing in the movie, he's just got the essence of Lord Voldemort. From the walking/acting/taking everything was superb!
3) I'm not a big fan of his nose though but he still sends shivers down my spine!
DELETED SCENES: WHICH ARE THE SCENES CUT OFF FROM THE MOVIE
1) I can't believe we missed the Hogwarts song! We never hear that in Harry Potter plus I think it's quite charming!
2) I am so glad The Yule Ball music scene was cut out from the movie. The song and band was irritating and horrible. Hate it.
3) I believe Moody's talk with Harry should be in there too, its was really important for me and come on it was only lasted for 20 seconds!
All in all The Behind The Scenes were absolutely fantastic. It was great to see behind the magic of this film. I loved it and I'm glad it was the 2-Disc edition. You can learn a lot from the making of this movie and I found it to be very interesting.
Well done, after 10-11 months of shooting now you can just sit back and watch the brilliant success the film makers crafted.
0 of 0 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?