IMDb > The Legend of Sasquatch (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Legend of Sasquatch More at IMDbPro »

I Stopped To Rate This Movie Halfway Through The Film

Author: Sapphire383 from London
6 May 2013

I could say all of my thoughts about the bad things of this movie first so you just walk away and never see this trash, but I'll start with what I liked.

OK, that's all the good things (Yes, everything is there.) now the bad things.

The animation is terrible and why there were celebrity voices, I do not know, but I'm pretty sure that they did not expect something so bad! If you are not 4 or under do not watch this movie! This is the worst movie I have ever experienced, it has a weak plot, bad graphics, and Pine Cones that look worse than dinosaur eggs!

If you want to, watch it if it's free but do not buy it if you have not watched and checked if you like it because there is a high chance of you regretting it. You have been warned!

Great kids flick

Author: Josh Sperling from United States
26 November 2010

We received this DVD as a gift from a friend who's child loved it. My daughter watches it everyday sometimes 2 or more times. It's a good story for a child. It's simple and easy to follow. She loves the music and will stop the DVD (she's only 2) and rewind the song she wants to hear again. Sometimes she goes to far and gets upset so she calls me and I have to get it back to the right spot.

The characters are all pretty big and their features are exaggerated somewhat so it's easy for her to see and understand who is who and follow along. I think it was perfectly written for a child ranging in age from 1 year to 3 years. Older kids may like it as well but I only have my daughter as my reference.

When I first watched it I was concerned that some things might be scary for her but they weren't at all. She asked questions about things that she didn't understand so it was a good opportunity for learning. She loves the dog and the little girls. She also loves the big fury Sasquatch.

If you have a child and are looking for things she or he may like. I would say this one is a safe bet.

Miserable

Author: Ethan James from United States
3 January 2014

Man, this has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, kids movie or not.

Plot- The plot was very stupid. It's pretty much about a ton of dumb flying magical Sasquatch. Weird right? And every time the movie tried to be emotional it totally failed.

Acting/Characters- William Hurt was wooden and emotionless, just really terrible. Blaire Restaneo was the same. The Sasquatch were super annoying. Everyone else was b-grade.

Track- The track is cheesy playful and can get on your nerves. There are three or four songs with words and they are really really annoying to hear. The people who sang those songs have no musical talent at all.

Animation- Man, this animation was really bad. Everyone appears to be in slow motion, it's obvious that they used a green screen, the people blink to slow, have over sized heads, and the water looks like anything but water.

Ending- The ending was a cheesy "The Sasquatch will always live in our hearts. Do you believe?" Really cheesy and unoriginal.

Conclusion- This movie is so bad it deserves three Golden Raspberries. It's only like an hour and twenty minutes but you will be very bored. Skip it and a Pixar film.

Complete garbage. "The Room" of Family Films

Author: henri-lane27
16 April 2013

First of all, I have to say the Bigfoot looks nothing like a Bigfoot, and I mean that in a bad way. It literally looks like a lump with fur. The animation is horrible to, and I mean Really bad. Some stuff doesn't have shadows or even Shading. The dad also has the most awkward walk cycle Ever! But here's the worst part. IT RIPS OFF MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO! The mom Bigfoot inflates herself, so she can fly, which even looks like that scene from Totoro. A dad and his two daughters move into a house near the forest. SOUND FAMILIAR? Then the house full of pine cones instead of acorns.There is also a completely useless sub-story about a guy that is a jerk to his dog, who tries to catch a Bigfoot. This never gets tied into the main story, ever. Much like the Chris-R "WHERES MY MONEY DENNY?" scene from "The Room" The only thing that keeps it from getting one star is the celebrity voices.

Cute story

Author: jocelyn21403
14 November 2012

Not a huge fan of the animation, but the story is sweet. Not much conflict, and I like that the family is helping the Sasquatch. Only one real complaint: The dead mother. Why do the makers of kid's films find that so appealing?

This movie reminds me a whole lot of My Neighbor Totoro. The animation in that movie is so much better, as are the actors. Both sweet movies about respecting nature and helping out.

I like movies with strong female characters for my 2.5 year old to watch, and it's so hard to find them. I am glad my husband stumbled across this movie on Fios.

Terrible

Author: scott-vandemotter from United States
22 November 2009

There is not much to say about this movie. since I am the only reviewer, that means I am not the only one who thinks this. This movies seems like a college project or someone's first film. It is poorly animated and poorly written. My kids seem to like it, but kids will watch anything you put in front of them when they are young.

The two sisters in the movie have strange eyelashes that are distracting and unnecessary. The Sasquactch can fly with their feet. What is that about? William Hurt is horrible as the dad, he speaks too softly when it is inappropriate, he should stick to live action. The "lesson" of the movie is tried and true and you are whacked in the head by it.

When you have great animated movies these days like UP!, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda or anything else released by Dreamworks or Pixar, there is no need for trash like this.