IMDb > Because I Said So (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 16 of 18: [Prev][11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

loved this movie

Author: SamanthaK from United States
6 February 2007

i don't get why so many people are putting down this movie! i saw it TWICE, once Sunday and then tonight. i loved the movie and thought it was great, very funny as well. i love every single main character. i thought the story line was fairly good, different from most movies. I think its a movie mothers and daughters should go and see together. I wouldn't tell anyone to not go see the movie, because its just my opinion. I thought it was a wonderful movie...and sort of true for many people. Showed the side of a dysfunctional family haha. and from knowing my family i found that to be even funnier. And Johnny was very cute:)

I would def. tell people to go see this movie!

Worth Taking In

Author: hkcutlip from Bluefield
4 February 2007

This was not a bad movie it is just a little silly in spots. The story line of the movie is better than how it was played out, but not the cast. Here we have a movie that someone somewhere didn't do their job. The actors did a great job as to how they were told to act, but most of the acting was just a little over the top. The Oldest Sister was by far the best actress in the movie, because she had the best part: Her part made sense. The Mother's part, although played to the hilt was just off base. Most of us just thought it was just a little Over-Done. This film did move along at a good clip and that gets a lot of points from where we sit. If you have the time by all means take this movie in. This movie has a good Cast and Story Line, and they and it will make you smile, over and over. Regards, HK

Brilliant Movie, Mothers and Daughters...

Author: smartgurl-1 from United States
3 August 2007

I completely disagree with the other user. This movie was brilliant! I saw it in theaters and I went out and bought it on DVD. This movie can easily be understood by any Mother and Daughter. This common scenario comes to life. Mandy Moore and Diane Keaton shine. I liked all the Actors/Actresses. They all played the part of a much larger story. Millie choosing between what her heart felt, love, and someone (her mother approved of)although unknowlingly...the love of a mother for her daughter, when does it go to far? or does it? When you get older do you start becoming afraid of your children making your mistakes so you live your life through them? When is it really time to let go?....

I like it

Author: kimmiwimmi from United States
7 June 2007

OK, this movie got some bad comments about it but honestly I really like it. It's fun, it's cute, it's silly. There's cute clothes and I really want Mandy Moore's couch. And I want to try the butter cream cake, it looks really good. There were a couple of parts that bugged me and seemed unrealistic but all in all I think it's a good movie. Daphne is a very likable character, she reminds me a lot of my own mother. I could never have the conversations with my mother that these girls have but they are pretty funny. The sisters are a lot like me and my sisters, maybe that's why I like this movie so much. Definitely worth a watch everyone!

See this Film "Because I Said So" ***1/2

Author: edwagreen from United States
28 May 2007

Diane Keaton does it again, this time as Daphne, a single mother, totally engrossed in the romantic failures of her daughter. She actually goes through the motion and puts an ad in the newspaper regarding her daughter. She then interviews prospective suitors for the daughter. The latter is well played by Mandy Moore.

Complications arise when Moore finds one guy through the ad and another by accident. The picture is then devoted to which fellow she will invariably go with.

Further surprises erupt when Keaton finds love with the father of one of the two suitors.

The film is the testimony to modern technology with the constant use of cell phones and the internet. It really doesn't get better than this.

laughed all the way through

Author: nanjeff-1 from United States
13 February 2007

I went to see BECAUSE I SAID SO today and had a great time. I know that this movie had bad reviews but I honestly don't know why. My daughter and I went to see this movie and laughed all the way through. Everyone there seemed to be enjoying the movie as much as we were. Diane Keaton always comes through to make a movie fun to watch. Mandy Moore played her part well and a movie about mothers and daughters always is of interest to me as I have three daughters myself. Even though Keaton was an over the top meddling mother, she also touched on how hard it is to let go of your children and to let them make their own decisions. Something all mothers have to learn. Not quite as good as SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE but a really cute and funny movie. I am sure that I will go back to see this one again.

I liked it

Author: potstickergurl6 from United States
5 February 2007

OK so the script was so so and the acting could at sometimes be almost painful but come on, its a chick flick what can you expect? Everyone is saying how Diane Keaton has degraded herself but she's getting older and when actors get older they get type cast...Bette Davis and Gloria Swanson just to name a few. So why should you care about the quality of the movie? It's a movie! Whatever happened to just going to a movie for the sake of going to a movie to forget about everything and enjoying an hour and a half of your life? So give this movie a chance, mothers go see it with your daughters, don't take your boyfriends or husbands, just go for a girls night out!

Diane Keaton

Author: kathiehansen from United States
3 February 2007

I have loved her performances for along time but I have been getting really sick of older stars doing performances that are not a stretch for them and are always the same. It is not entertaining after awhile. I can't remember where it started,(First Wives Club?) or the one with the witches(Practical Magic), but I am getting really sick of the so called 'spontaneous ' dance scenes where everybody is so hysterically happy and free. When I think of the movies she could be doing that would be meaningful and useful, it makes me sad. It reminds me of Jane Fonda in Mother in law....is this what is happening to our former great actresses? Is this all the roles they can get?? Maybe it's the modern version of Bette Davis humiliating herself in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. The sad part is I don't think it's about the money...it's about sadly needing the attention and wanting to work, so they might as well post a "WILL DO ANYTHING" sign on their forehead. Come to think of it, that's what this is.

Oh no! I've been forced to watch it all!

Author: siderite from Romania
16 July 2007

The film is everything one might expect. Diane Keaton plays well, Mandy Moore plays well, Piper Perabo has a really tiny role, the plot is really easy to follow, even for brain dead people, the emotions are all artificial, the humour is forced, the script is made by a recipe, girls dig it, just a little, men sit through it wishing they were either banging Mandy or dead.

It's not that it is a bad film, it's just impossibly average. Mother stresses daughter, daughter listens to mother and hits bottom, thus getting angry with mother who must face her mistakes, accept them and apologize, in order for them to make up and find "the guy". I mean, come on, who would be in a good relationship with such a mother?! And how in the hell would Mandy have any difficulty in finding a man? The fact that all the guys in this film were just for decoration and just a wee more than walking dildos doesn't help either.

Bottom line: women might like it, men won't, movie enthusiasts might appreciate "not having to think for a change" and just having that sensation of over eating something that you didn't feel like eating.

An excellent film about relationships and family that will have you cracking up, and tearing up.

Author: alana_m30 from Canada
3 February 2007

I went with one of my friends tonight. I read the reviews in the paper this morning that basically said the film was terrible..but I've learned from experience that my tastes clearly differ from those of the film critics.

This movie hits funny right on the nose..I have never seen more out of the blue, right on time, comedic moments in any other film. It is a cute film about mothers and daughters and growing up and growing apart and love.

Yes, Diane Keaton's performance was clearly over the top, but that was kind of the whole point of the film...

If you enjoy cute films, that make you laugh out loud and warm your heart, you will enjoy this movie.

We had to sit in the front row of the theater because it was so packed..but we could hear everyone from our row to the back laughing.

Page 16 of 18: [Prev][11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]