IMDb > "Lipstick Jungle" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Lipstick Jungle"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Lipstick Jungle" More at IMDbPro »

Don't let this get canceled!

Author: marlinz from United States
7 December 2008

With so few decent prime-time shows on regular networks- we can't let this one go! My husband and I have mostly just been hooked on HBO shows for years and only have 1-2 shows that we regularly watch on the non-cable channels (like the original CSI). Lipstick Jungle, while toned down from Sex and the City, is a great option for those of us missing that show. And it's actually much more realistic- more development on the careers and family issues. If you haven't watched, check out some of the full episodes on the internet- you'll see it's worth saving. And while I'm at it- My Own Worst Enemy is also VERY worth saving- already great and with lots of potential for future story line twists...

Fantastic Show

Author: guzzigirl2000 from United States
10 October 2008

This show seems to be quite underrated. It's got it going on - solid story lines and characters. Everyone is very believable in the roles and the story lines are relate-able. It's kinda fresh too vs. cliché and predictable. There are familiar faces and several new ones. Rosie Perez is a nice addition. Great acting and eye candy for the ladies and guys. This show deserves way more credit then it gets. Each episode gets better and better. The 10/8 was awesome. It's in a good time slot too - watch Project Runway then switch to NBC for this quality programming. I feel invested in the show and will keep watching it. Hope you give it a chance.

Potentially Great Show

Author: krazyactriz from New York, NY
11 February 2008

I actually am in the minority & really like this show. I thought there was a certain level of realness here, that is definitely missing in Cashmere Mafia. Yes, there are areas that need to be flushed out and fixed. But that takes time. Hey, the 1st season of Sex and the City just DID NOT work, but went on to be a great show. I believe the same can happen here. Lindsay Price needs time to settle into her role and the whole cast could use a moment to mesh. By no means am I saying these are the same show, but I feel this one needs a moment to gel and form into its own. Please stop beating the show up and give it a chance. You may actually be surprised. 8 stars!

Hot, Hot Hot!

Author: mona patel from United States
19 October 2008

I watched season 1 and the beginning of season 2 in a weekend, and now I am addicted. Could Nico and Kirby together be any hotter??? They have amazing chemistry! I am in awe of the two of them together, it is crazy. I hope the writers of this show keep them together because it is hot! All three women are strong women who I can totally relate to because of my own career. This show is real good and I can't wait to watch it again. I think everyone who loved sex and the city would love this show. My friends have talked about this show since it was on, but I figured since i missed the first season it would be hard to get into it, but I was wrong. It is a great show!

Love it

Author: Togmonity from United States
7 March 2008

This show is so good. You can actually tell the characters apart. They have relationships and problems you care about. You can even identify with them. The dialog is not stupid. Finally, a show that doesn't feature sex crazed neurotic morons. This one is smart and every scene is so pretty. It's big budget all the way around. I love it. Please do not dumb it down or make it like every other lame show. I don't think it needs more sex. I think it's just fine, the way it is. I'm sick of all the idiotic shows on TV that have fast scenes, and trite one-liners that are obvious innuendo setups from the beginning. Are people really that dumb? Do writers/producers not see these shows fail over and over? Why do they keep underestimating the intelligence of the American public? On Lipstick, the guys are hot, and I like that the woman are older but hot too. You don't have to be 20 to look amazing. And I freaking love Victory Ford. I love all the characters but I love her the most. Seriously. Watch the show. I am a throw back fan from Melrose Place. This does not have near the same level of scandal but it has my attention just as well. I was originally worried that it would be too much of a Sex and the City ripoff but it really isn't. So if you're going into it worried that you're going to find Carrie and the girls, or even that you're not, don't worry-- it's worlds away from Sex. I also love Brooke Sheilds. Nico's character is growing on me, but I love her plot line. I love getting home on Thursdays, grabbing a glass of wine and settling in for the Lipstick Jungle. It really is the best way to close down the week because we all know Friday doesn't count! I do hope there's more scandal to come, but clever scandal, not just who's- sleeping- with- who scandal. Not that sex is bad, but it really should be more of a magnifier than the backbone. So far, Lipstick has proved just this, and I hope that its momentum keeps going.

The show would be great..

Author: CrazyCuteGirl
17 March 2010

..if they would get rid of the character Victory Ford! Her character seems out of touch with reality. I don't think many people can relate to anything she does or experiences, thus show any sympathy for her. A main character should be someone the viewers care about and it's hard to do when you are just annoyed by her.

Wendy Healy seems to have the perfect life as she has everything (family, friends and work) in balance because of her husband who stays home taking care of the kids. But problems arise when her husband wants to achieve something more in his life too other than just raising kids.

IMO the story about Nico Reilly is most sympathetic as she struggles with her passionless marriage and male dominance at work. Frankly, her story is the one that keeps me watching this show.

I'm addicted!

Author: Ana
15 April 2009

This is a GREAT show - finally strong, independent, successful women on TV. We can all learn from watching Nico and Co, who in the show does with the usual problems successful women have to deal with, such as jealousy of their partners or macho-colleagues. My favourite character on this show is Nico, she has so much class and is very forceful. I really enjoyed watching Sex in the City and I also like Desperate Housewives from time to time. But my favourite characters of these shows are definitely the strong women who don't scream "Save me, Prince, save me!" But I also like the glamour-factor, which Desperate Housewives lacks completely and in Sex and the City Miranda wasn't very glamorous and Samantha.. well, was unique, but no one I would see as a role model in certain ways. Lipstick Jungle has both: Glamour and strong women with role model ability!

I'm totally addicted to this show! I also absolutely adore the jewellery they're wearing.

It was a waste of electricity

Author: rpc1945-1 from United States
8 February 2008

there are things grown people should not be subjected to.Hannah montana concerts,spice girl reunions, and lipstick jungle.This was TV at its absolute worst pandering to every fantasy, delusion and fond dream of either young single women or middle aged married ones who are sure they were meant for better things if they had just not married that bum and had those three kids.The acting,plot,premise and storyline all add to a cacaphony of bad bad TV.I'm sure Brooks shields is nice to her mother and the other two ladies have good qualities as people and actors but they weren't in that dopey soap opera I should've known as Brook shields was in the only movie I can remember walking out of It was a black and white thing called "Pretty baby " Look for it if all the copies haven't been destroyed

Entertaining.

Author: underware from United States
22 February 2008

I never intended to watch this show in the first place because I thought the name of the show was ridiculous and I don't particularly like Brooke Shields. Well, this series pleasantly surprised me. Kim Raver is fantastic, Lindsay Price is uplifting, and Brooke Shields is growing on me. This show balances comedy and drama effectively, and maintains a realistic tone while delving into the hackneyed fairy tale scenario of working businesswomen. The overall concept of the show is not fresh, but delving into the fictional lives of three strong women is refreshing all the same.

Just a warning: the pilot leaves a bit to be desired, so watch the next few episodes before you make a decision. I was slightly disappointed with the pilot because Brooke Shields was over-acting and the casting choice for her husband seemed random to me. Also, Lindsay Price's character started a relationship with a billionaire so quickly that it seemed even more unbelievable than a story line like that normally would.

Nice additions: Sarah Hyland as Wendy's daughter, Robert Buckley as Kirby, Andrew McCarthy as Joe Bennett, and Wendy's assistant (I can't find his name).

When it comes down to it, I wouldn't be watching if it weren't for Kim Raver. She's the backbone of the show.

A Good Show, I Loved Season 1 over Season 2

Author: KatherinePetersdorf from Washington, USA
1 July 2013

All in all, Lipstick Jungle was a pretty good show, I would place it in my top ten, but I really enjoyed the show because it was relate able to normal people. I loved Season 1 but I wasn't into Season 2 very much.

Wendy: I thought that Wendy was the person that most people would understand. I felt like she was trying to hard to be a mother and a business women, I wanted to tell her that she had a husband who was a stay at home dad for a reason, she didn't need to give up hours at a job that needed her for things that the house-father should have handled. I also felt like her marriage was falling apart, she loved him but she treated him like he worked for her.

Nico: Most people dislike Nico because she was cheating on her husband, in her defense her husband was cheating on her with a college girl, whom he knocked up, and he was going to sue her for money for cheating when he had been for years, if it was like 4 years of cheating he must have started when his lover was barley 18.

I really loved Nico myself. I understood her, she loved work and it was her passion and her life. I'm a woman like that, my work comes first and everything and everyone else comes second and they know it. I think her dating a younger man was just what she needed, her worshiped her, understood the importance of her work, and he was there for her for just what she needed in a relationship, distance but romance.

I think she was the best friend, what she did to defend Wendy over and over, how she tried to help Victory with her own business. I would love to be around someone like Nico, it would great to have a friend who was like me.

Victory: I felt like the story could have done better if she would have just toned it down. I mean she was all over the place, kind of a hypo- critic, a real drama queen, and she acted like a spoiled child. I'm sorry but if I was failing money wise and a millionaire wanted to help me I would let him, even if he was my boyfriend because business and pleasure are different and I've dated people I work for and with and it never becomes a problem, Victory is just throwing a typical Victory fit.