Good for kids, not bad for adults

Author: Robert Walker-Smith (RWlkrSmith@aol.com) from Oakland CA USA
2 November 2006

Oddly enough, though I haven't yet seen the original Scary Godmother movie (Spooktacular), I've seen this one _twice_.

Basic premise - the plucky little girl heroine Hannah became friends with the Halloween creatures of the Fright Side last Halloween, and is now looking forward to a wonderful holiday this year. Unfortunately, her mean older cousin Jimmy got terribly scared (unexpected side effect of a mean Halloween joke he played on Hannah last year) and is terrified of it this year. So he plots to keep Chri- er, Halloween from coming! But how?

The interplay between the actions of Jimmy (threatening Halloween) and Hannah (saving it) and the consequences of those actions on the Fright Side makes up the bulk of the movie. Eventually there is a happy ending. Not an earthshaking piece of cinema, but great for kids on H- can't type it again. Next year, I'll have to get the first movie, and have a double feature for the kids and their friends.

My favorite line - when Scary Godmother realizes that something is threatening H-, she cries out, "Somethings's bad! Black socks with sandals bad!"

Absolutely Amazing

Author: Brad Creeson from United States
30 October 2012

I reviewed the first Scary Godmother film on here, and it was easily the best movie I've ever seen in my life. I saw the second one today, and I can't even tell you how amazing I found it. It was great to see my favorite characters mature in personality. Writing was excellent, acting was amazing, animation was wonderful. Nothing bad to say about this movie. Except - Jimmy's voice is higher in this movie than the last one! Did they hire a new actor? I wonder why the old actor wouldn't agree to do the second movie! The first one was amazing! Anyway, 10/10 stars again. Definitely tied for first place (along with the first movie) on my list for best movies I've ever seen. Definitely worth watching any time you can!