IMDb > Big Bad Wolf (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Most fun I've had with a werewolf film since Dog Soldiers.

Author: theNomad from Manchester, UK
17 May 2007

He's hairy crude and he's a big bad wolf, and he'll be your monster for the duration of this movie.

Plots barely worth going over for this its your typical 'group of friends go to a cabin to spend a wild weekend blah blah...'

It's been done so many times but if you go into this film with the sole aim of being entertained, you'll easily get your moneys worth. Even though it's not got an original bone in its hairy body you'll laugh so much you'll forgive it that.

Its got a wicked sense of humour with lots of tits'n'ass and blood'n'gore a plenty, and a very retro 80s feel.

"Lets go to the cabin, and get in a little beastiality" a furtastic 7/10 from me. Would be awesome if the people involved came back quick with more comic/horror gold.

exactly what a teen slasher film should be ...

Author: squireson2002 from United States
23 July 2007

Let me explain the 8 of 10 rating . I'm rating this as a teen slasher film and it does that very well. The virgin , the goof ball guy , the insensitive jock and our hero / heroine the slightly off guy and girl who are still California beautiful. The violence gets a little bit of cheese to it --- AS IT SHOULD in a teen slasher. There's a bit of nudity and some table dancing, two rape scenes and gore aplenty. Lets face it slasher films are not for those who are sensitive or for those moods where one might be looking for anything remotely like intellectual stimulation.

The acting was good at points bad at others ... par for the course on this genre. Overall it was what I expect and a bit more.

Just When You Thought Beastiality Couldn't Be Fun!

Author: McQualude from North Carolina
22 May 2007

At best I was expecting a campy B movie with a little T & A and well, Big Bad Wolf delivered in spades. Derek Cowley steals the key to his step-dad's cabin in an effort to impress the local cool kids and get a little party action on. Derek's friend Sam, a leather wearing tomboy on a motorcycle, on whom he has a not-so-secret crush, is talked into going along. On their way to the cabin the teenagers meet a local who warns them to stay away from the cabin but of course the warning is unheeded. It doesn't take long before animal passions are running wild and I don't just mean the sex crazed teenagers.

Once the initial action and gore is over, something unusual for a direct to video movie happened... an interesting and engaging story broke out about Derek's abusive step-dad, Mitchell, the effect on his mother, his relationship with Sam and the truth about his father's death. A visit from Uncle Charley leads Sam into a situation that jeopardizes her relationship with Derek while uncovering the truth about Mitchell and putting all their lives in danger. Don't get me wrong, you won't see this picture mentioned at the Oscars, but the acting and direction are competently done and the special effects are really fantastic. Even more amazing when you learn what a short time-span they had to put everything together and learn their roles. Just because some of you will want to know... the girls are cute and all but one have real breasts.

I would recommend this highly to fans of campy horror like Feast, Slither and Shaun of the Dead. Don't expect to be scared or particularly grossed out (unless you have a weak stomach) but do expect to be entertained.

Gory and funny but the werewolf make up sucked

Author: jawtooth from United Kingdom
23 May 2007

Great little horror flick with very gory death's and some laugh's along the way. By no means a cheap waste of time and in places rather good.The idea of a wise cracking werewolf was new but the biggest draw back of the film for me was the werewolf make up.It totally sucked.The whole face was like a stiff mask with only the mouth moving.Bit like trying to be scared of a fancy dress costume.Why do that????

Its not the best horror film in the world and by no means the worst.I have seen much much worse.The actings good, the actions good and the whole thing looks like a great production, not a home made gore flick.

The little bits of CGI were fun.

If you want a no brain, gore fest which is easy to watch and follow, this is the film for you.

Horror / Comedy

Author: Attila Krieger from Portugal
13 May 2007

I had a great time watching this movie, the actors are OK, some are great.(most B movies have bad actors this one has a very nice cast believe me)

It is definitely an Horror/Comedy, i laughed a lot through out the movie! Some scenes/dialogues are really hilarious, simple but effective(a very positive point here)!

One thing i would like to point out, there's a transformation scene where CGI is used(full body transf.)....thats the only bad part for me, not in the beginning but at the end of it(if you see the movie you will know when). Didn't bother me much though cause it was kinda quick.. =)

And the Big Bad Wolf literally eats ladies from top to bottom (lol) got the point? xD

If your looking for an entertaining movie check this one out DO NOT EXPECT primal fear/horror...unless your under 16 or something or sensible to bloody scenes. There's gore in it, yes, not over the top gore. but some(quite good at times, well done)

You will jump once or twice too hehe(sure did got me!).

Gave an easy 6/10 !

Cheers (and sorry about my rather RAW English ;)

Shape-Shifting cheese but lots of fun!

Author: CHUDtheBUD from Germany
10 May 2007

In the deepest jungles of Africa soldiers are being torn apart by an unseen foe. Heads roll and limbs fly! Seven years later we witness a group of friends getting ready to spend a weekend at a remote cabin in the mountains. What should have been a fun getaway turns into a howling night of terror. Bite me! Lance W. Dreesen's lycanthropical fable is quite amusing that doesn't take itself too seriously. The action is tight (when needed) and the gore supplies. Notes should also go to Richard Tyson for playing the sleazy and violent. One can easily see he had fun with his part, but he should definitely work on those one-liners. Rating this 8/10 because I had a good time watching.

Gore and Black Humor in an Entertaining Movie

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
22 February 2008

In Cameron, a group of hunters is attacked by a wild animal, and Charlie Cowley (Christopher Shyer) survives but sees his brother Scott (Andrew Bowen) dying. Seven years later, his teenage nephew Derek Cowley (Trevor Duke) steals the key of his stepfather's cabin in the isolated Fire Road 13 and travels with four classmates and his friend Sam (Kimberly J. Brown) to spend the weekend having a party with booze and sex. However, they are attacked by a Beast that kills his friends in a sadistic way. Sam and Derek survive, and they suspect that his stepfather Mitchell Toblat (Richard Tyson) is a werewolf. When Charlie meets Derek and Sam, they decide to collect evidence to prove that Mitchell is the Beast and kill him, but Mitchell discovers their plot and chases the trio.

"Big Bad Wolf" is a surprisingly good werewolf movie, with gore and black humor. The beginning with teenagers going to an isolated cabin and finding a monster is not original, but the sadistic attack of the werewolf, specially the virgin girl, is hilarious. The situation of Sam collecting DNA sample is also funny. The special effects are great for a B-movie and in the end "Big Bad Wolf" is a very entertaining movie and recommended for fans of the genre. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): Not Available

Werewolfs one-liners

Author: William Holttinen from Finland
23 May 2007

It's the Big Bad Wolf, and it has some "funny" phrases for it's victims. That's almost all you can say about this werewolf-flick. The main idea with the writers seems to have been the misleading start, which is a nice surprise, but after that the movie limps in a tarpit for a while, until the clihcé ending. Even though there's some innovative (but corny) scenes, it doesn't save the fact that it's not believable. It tries hard to be believable but f.e. the whole marriage abuse thing...c'mon. There is gore, and its good at times. There is a werewolf cracking black jokes. And there's teens in trouble. The plot is somewhat mediocre, and I can believe that the writers have worked it. But it always amazes me why they tend to forget the police forces from this kind of movies. And you'll understand what I mean if you watch this movie. Acting is at time to time good, but the main character is really, really one dimensional.

So 5 stars and thats because of two reasons. First of all, werewolf-movies are a rare breed in 21-century so i'm kind of supporting the fact that these are even made and second of all, the gore is fine.

I had a lot of fun!

Author: ApolloBoy109 from United States
23 October 2007

This traditional R rated horror struck a chord with me. After a ton of lame remakes last year, Amityville Horror and Fog, to name a few, you have to scratch your head at decisions being made by the 'suits' in Hollywood. This should not have gone into DVD release without a big screen showing. This is a horror film, the real genre. Not torture. Not watered-down PG-13 crap on a stick.

The werewolf genre is so much fun and we have seen so many new interpretations over the years. The schtick of the werewolf lies in not knowing who it is. In this case, you pretty much know from the get-go. The fun lies in how they're going to catch and kill it.

The sexy side of Horror has been pushed aside in recent years for torment. Eli Roth can go suck an egg. Tension, shock and screams make a story chilling, and though this movie has its fair share of goopy-gore, it does not dominate the movie. Kinky sex, nudity, lust and some humor along with side-splitting bestiality is what the film is about. This film was made for adults -- not pre-teen, tweens or couch potato sixteen year old boys.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Kimberly J. Brown has grown from her Disney efforts into a fine actress, and Trevor Duke does justice to his role. Richard Tyson's delivery of his funnier lines is a hoot. As a bad boy he blends macho sexiness with a sarcastic tone. A real horror film is hard to find these days! So when gems like this come your way, go out of your way to find them.

Better than you would think

Author: Heislegend from United States
19 May 2007

Typically for me werewolf movies rank right between roots canals and a colonoscopy in terms of desirability. Since they're all based around a centuries-old legend, there's generally not much room for originality without fans crying foul because "that's not what werewolves do!" (like werewolves are real and do anything at all). However I decided to give this a shot as it didn't look like your typical werewolf flick and I'm glad I did. The title alone (which is pathetically mundane) made me think it would be another "so bad it's good" kind of movie. While it does fall prey to some of the cheesy pitfalls of many horror movies, it is surprisingly entertaining and able to hold your attention throughout. It may also be the first time I've ever seen a werewolf that engages in witty banter with his victims, so props for originality. Don't watch it expecting Oscar material, but enjoy it for what it is...a slightly campy but ultimately very enjoyable horror/comedy. Sit back and let you mind go...preferably with liberal amounts of beer to make it just that much funnier.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]