IMDb > "I Love the 80's 3-D" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"I Love the 80's 3-D" More at IMDbPro »

Not up to par

Author: seifex from United States
1 January 2006

I love the "I Love The..." series, because I can relate to two decades' worth of stuff, and for some people around me they can even relate to the I Love the 70's series. I have no problem with these shows because they are humorous and wonderfully nostalgic, but if they are going to continue, VH1 needs to find better material than what is in I Love the 80's 3D, or at least present it in a better fashion. For example, Weird Al's "movies that would have been better in 3-D" segment is completely dumb. Weird Al is a funny guy, and the movies they talk about are worth spending time on, but that there is no funny joke that can come from "would be better in 3-D".

I love the 80's Strikes Back was far superior, and for the fact that the gimmick was only in the name. They wrapped the gimmick of 3-D all around I Love the 80's 3-D and it just seems forced.

I still enjoyed this show, but not as much as the others. I'll end this review with a suggestion for VH1: Take the time to license everything and sell the "I Love The..." series on DVD, because as much as it would cost to license and manage everything, there is no doubt that the shows would sell astronomically. There aren't many people in the country who wouldn't pay a good $50 to relive a decade of their lives in a hilarious way whenever they wanted. Say I want to remember what it was like when I was in the third grade, I just reach for my "I Love 95" DVD, pop it in and enjoy.

Milkin' It

Author: amram06 from United States
15 April 2006

I always loved the I love the ___'s but this was just sad. They are milking it until it's bone dry. With I love Toys hopefully they understand that just because Mo Rocca, Hal Spakrs, or Michael Ian Black is talking about it, doesn't make it good TV. I miss the good old days in summer of 02' or 03' where it first started and it was the greatest show I had seen in a long time. I'm only a teenage, but even I'm getting bored with the same old same old. If they try to make another one, I'll probably watch it but I won't like it. There's something that draws a viewer to one of those, but I wasn't satisfied with the last one or I love Toys, so I highly doubt I'll like whatever they bring next. I love the 90's 3 what? I mean come on, stop trying.