IMDb > Unaccompanied Minors (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Unaccompanied Minors

Unaccompanied Minors More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

This is an awesome movie

Author: Crazybmb3 from United States
7 August 2007

Dude your all crazy this movie was extremely funny I would watch this movie over and over again if I could and I feel bad for people have never seen this movie its almost better than Grandmas Boy or maybe even Freddy Got Fingered.

This movie rocks and it is hilarious why the hell would you call this movie okay or terrible it is one of the most amazing movies I have seen and I own over thousand movies and i've seen them all. Oh and who cares if some things don't make sense you shouldn't care about if it makes sense you care about how funny it is and most of you are loser. So in conclusion this movie is very good and it's funny if your to blind and unsmart to see that then you shouldn't be allowed to watch movies or comment them in anyway.

Don't miss out on a good film.

Author: televison_gurl from Canada
10 April 2007

Unaccompanied Minors is exactly the type of movie I would watch when I need a good laugh. There are many hilarious scenes in it. The target audience is obviously of a younger age -- it's pretty much in the title. I'm in my late teens and thoroughly enjoyed this film. It doesn't make sense why such a good movie would be rated at the Bottom 100. If you discredit my review just because of my age, and believe all the negative reviews, you're missing out on an altogether sweet movie.

The actors and actresses were great in their roles. I loved Spencer's dad and that whole thing with the cars! One of my favourite lines from the movie is when Mr.Porter says, "Who trained you kids, the Navy Seals?!" Maybe you just have to watch it, but I was laughing like crazy. I'd say it's worth the money to go to rent/buy Unaccompanied Minors.

My comment is short but simple: watch Unaccompanied Minors and see for yourself that it's ACTUALLY a good film.

A funny movie, but don't watch it too seriously.

Author: mountain_walrus from United States
9 December 2006

Unaccompanied Minors is a funny movie for kids and adults. I recommend that the adults watch it without being too critical. Watch it realizing that it is a kids movie and ignore some of the cheesy lines. If you do that, then you will enjoy it and have some good laughs.

When the movie starts, you are thrown right into the plot. There is little character development in the beginning. The introduction to the plot is also weak. The plot isn't deep and there are a few plot holes. Also, a lot of the comedy is physical comedy.

The child actors did fairly well. Tyler James Williams, who plays in "Everybody Hates Chris" does really well with his role. His performance in the movie was the best performance of the child actors.

I would recommend seeing this clean, cute movie but don't watch it too seriously. Leave that hard nosed critic that is in you at the door and you will enjoy this movie.

This one's as super as "Santa with Muscles" and "The Santa Clause 3" combined!!!!!

Author: Seth Nelson from (Near) D/FW Airport, Texas, USA
26 December 2006

If you are bored in the remaining days of the holiday season, then cancel all your plans and get the whole family (Mom, Dad, Uncle Frank, etc. LOL) out to the theaters this season for the feel- good family film of the season, "Unaccompanied Minors." It's about a whole bunch of kids who get stuck at an airport in, say, Nevada or something. To kill the time, these kids go "Home Alone" in the airport (in a nice, post-9/11 strict kind of way) and have fun!!!!! Their parents, however, get so worried over time!!!!!

While this is no "Home Alone," this film does have some elements which flashes viewers back in time with that other film. And why the low reviews????? We all know that "Santa with Muscles" is the bad holiday movie king!!!!!

"Unaccompanied Minors" is such a wonderful holiday film that will live on for generations. Merry Christmas from your friendly neighborhood Bottom 100 fans!!!!!

10 stars

Started off OK, went to fair, and ended GOOD!

Author: princeofnewyork from United States
22 December 2006

Seriously the movie is good and quite entertaining. Now my comments.

The writing and promos did this movie no favors. When I first saw the promos I thought it was nothing but a movie about teen wrecking things and making the adults look like fools. Well, I was wrong. Unaccompanied Minors, which started off slow and predictable really picked up in the last 45 mins. Or as soon as the Kids ran from the guards and all end up on the luggage cart to escape. To me, this is where the movie picked up and became very enjoyable to the end.

I say the best performances in Unaccompanied Minors, easily goes to the kids who plays Charlie and Donna. Not saying the rest sucks, but those 2 were quite good and made the film enjoyable. I so wanted more scenes of them because they had great chemistry and loved how they hook up in the end.

There many scenes that are cringe-worthy but there also many scenes that are LOL funny and I was surprised that I found myself laughing at them.

The movie is splatter with many cameos to name a few; The couple from The Office(Kelley and Ryan), Arrest Development(Buster and the mother), the hippy dude from Ned Declassified, and Terri Garr.

If I sound older than a teen or kid, its because I am and saw this movie with my nephew and he seemed to enjoyed it okay, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Good movie and good for the holidays.

Bad script + bad acting= One Bad Film!

Author: golfnut801 from United States
13 December 2006

I was excited to see this film, seeing it was filmed in Utah. To me watching for places I was familiar with was more interesting than the film itself. The only laugh from me was the Kids In the Hall Cameo playing musical chairs…that sadly was my only laugh. Oh and there was one fairly funny site gag. The kids that were in front of me was so bored they left early in the film.

Saying that, this film is super bad, awful and very disappointing. This film is a huge waste of some really funny actors. The script is horrible; the kids are annoying and really not believable. Lewis Black is one of the funniest people alive and does not have a single funny moment in the film. Simply put, see something else.

The Best Chrismas Movie Since Home Alone.

Author: NotTheSmartestKid from United States
29 December 2006

Wow this was a great movie! I loved it! I was laughing through out the whole thing. I loved how the kids would make little comments and such and they'd be hilarious. To tell the truth i thought it was going to be wayyy Cheesy and kinda corny..ya know? but it wasn't at all. It was Amazing!! This was such a funny movie i'd go watch it again in Theaters. If you haven't seen this movie yet, i suggest you go get ur wallet and money and get in your car and go see this movie, trust me you'll die of laughter! This Movie was the funniest most Original movie since the original Home Alone.

From a Happy Viewer! Kay

One of the Best Films Ever

Author: hjn9494 from United States
1 January 2007

I wanted to see the movie since a couple of days after it came out. I went to go see it, and i have to admit, it is one of the funniest movies, I have ever seen. The film relates to the 1990 film "Home Alone." The script in my opinion is hilarious, and the actors do a good job of acting it out. It's a mixture of comedy and family. The plans and plots used in this film is clever, and each actor acts out his or her own part. I don't think they should make a sequel to this or anything, but it is worth your money if you're going to see it in theaters. I might even get this film on DVD maybe. If you're looking for a family film, Unaccompanied Minors is one of the best family films you will probably ever see.

Loved it

Author: moyden2000 from Dallas
9 December 2006

It won't win any Oscars. It doesn't have any debauchery, violence, or depressing issues that the critics love but make you want to slit your own throat. Well, a little bit about children of divorce, but done in a positive way.

But I was very entertained from start to finish. Funny lines, lots of slapstick, and the child actors were all very good. Lewis Black was also funny as the airport manager who doesn't like kids or Christmas.

It reminded me some of "Home Alone". If you want serious, see something else. If you want clean and funny and to walk out of the theater in a good mood, see this.

We just saw it -- my kids loved it

Author: beckyrps from United States
2 December 2006

I had low expectations for this movie based on the trailer, but was pleasantly surprised. My kids loved it and it does have some good messages, such as an older brother who genuinely cares about his little sister, racial harmony, and a truly happy ending.

Apparently the movie was based on a "This American Life" incident in which some children who were traveling without adults were stranded in an airport during Christmas because of bad weather. To avoid the horrible "unaccompanied minors" room they lead the officious airport authority on a chase through the airport.

The PG rating is apt -- it's not G but has very few objectionable parts. I wouldn't pay full price to see it but it's worth the price of twilight admission.

Page 5 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]