IMDb > Unaccompanied Minors (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Unaccompanied Minors

Unaccompanied Minors More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

one is too high a rating

Author: alan_v35 from Canada
12 September 2007

I am a fun-loving guy. I like to laugh, hear jokes and stuff like that. This is why I often like to see a comedy – even if its bad, it will give me a chuckle or two. Even those aimed at younger viewers are always good for a giggle, or at least a guffaw. Well, not always, I guess. This Home Alone wannabe is as funny as blood on the sidewalk. It has poor acting, a yawner of a story, jokes that are not funny, and a fine selection of stock characters that have been so overused by Hollywood, that the whole movie is as appealing as a commercial that you have seen six times in the last hour. If I have been a little wordy, and unclear, up to this point, let me say succinctly. This movie sucks.

The premise here is that six youngsters, ranging in age from around seven to 14, are flying as unaccompanied minors, when a blizzard strands them at some airport somewhere, where they promptly set out on a mission of mischief that uses a lot of unfunny ideas and drab comic violence (particularly voice changing groin strikes – those are ALWAYS funny, right?) mixed in with toilet humor (Ingenious! Who would have thought of that?). There is an evil airport manager or something, who's as pleasant as an evening alone with an electric cattle prod and a mentally, deranged convict named Sparky. Now, that's not as fun as it sounds (never mind how I know!) bu it would probably still make a better movie than this one. I could go on, but I think I have made my point.

It starts bad and it gets worse. It's not interesting and it's not funny. The only possible positive aspect to watching this might be a new appreciation for the value of every moment of the precious gift called life. Maniac out.

This work was first posted on realmoviereview.com

One of my favorite Christmas movies

Author: movietelevision from US
23 August 2009

Elf, A Christmas Story, and Unaccompanied Minors.

This is easily on of my favorite Christmas movies of all time. It's a funny, family-orientated, and feel good Christmas movie.

The film revolves around four kids stuck in an airport on Christmas Eve. They get into crazy antics during their stay. Sort of juvenile but that's one of the reasons I love it so much.

Some may argue this movie is only for the younger crowd. Being out of that crowd for a while, I disagree. I enjoy this movie very much. If you are looking for a movie to get you in the Christmas mood, or just to have a good laugh, then this is the movie for you. A great family holiday film I highly recommend.

The Goonies in an airport, a blizzard, and a hotel pretty much sums up the plot...

Author: smashayre from United States
26 December 2006

If you hated the Goonies you'll probably hate this movie as well. But that's pretty much what it is a new age Goonies. There was supposed to be a sequel or rather a new generation of Goonies made some time ago I don't know what happened to THAT project but after seeing this movie I came to the realization that that's what they pretty much did here. A family friendly Christmas centered Goonies...well not exactly its not all that innocent you see but looking back on it were the Goonies really all THAT innocent? As far as the kids' acting goes I don't know I guess that's up for grabs for some viewers its convincing for others not so much. I fall into the first camp. You can agree with me or not I don't car no skin off my back. Just don't expect Home Alone so much. The Goonies also did their fair share of Adult bashing if memory serves me right. This is just the next generation of that. Oh and the love stories were there too and a fart joke was in the Goonies as well but it wasn't scripted it just happened. So thee you have it. Oh and a sliding scene was there as well and a bathroom scene. Did I forget anything oh yeah chunky the fart kid was there as well. Parents reuniting with their children? check. Some evil adults trying to catch them check! The kids stumbling on to treasure? check. Yeah I'd recommend The Goonies if you like this movie you won't be dissatisfied its more of the same if not better. This was a alright this was a good movie. Enjoyable not as bad as the critics made it out to be. But you know critics anything else other than their vantage always makes something else look like Shakespeare..like they all appreciate him or something, LMAO. I'll believe it when I see it.

Five young souls end up saving Christmas for an airport full of stranded passengers.

Author: nonadabove from Levittown, PA
8 December 2006

Go see this with kids (I saw it with my 12 year old nephew and 9 year old niece.) This is just a fun movie where the kids can imagine that they can take control for a change. Lewis Black is a perfect "easily-frazzled" protagonist, and each kid in the movie has some quality that reminds you of someone you know, or yourself. The scene in the unclaimed baggage room with Tyler James Williams is priceless. He does steal some of the scenes in this movie, and probably has the best character. This picture does have some heartwarming moments, and I have to agree with comparisons to The Breakfast Club where the characters find they're not so different and bond.

For a movie that has a 2.9 rating as of this writing, there was an awful lot of laughing out loud in the theater I saw it in.

Lawl! Luv it!

Author: Munchie Neo from United States
18 December 2006

I absolutely LOVED this movie!!! I definitely give it two thumbs up! It was super funny, and the best movie I've seen a long time! The plot was great. Trapped in an airport on Christmas Eve without your parents, with like a bazillion kids? That would be SO much fun! Seriously!

I have to say my favorite character was Donna. She's so cool. ^^ Charlie was awesome, too. I think they look so cute together. I loved at the end when Donna kissed him, and he was all, "Man, you're hot." Her reactions funny, too. "Yeah, I know." I mean come on! For her tomboy, tough girl, character? That's hilarious!

I think Spencer was a little bit too much of your classic main character, but good all the same. Grace was really funny, though! I really like when she gets aught in the spa. That's really funny. Spencer's sister is also really cute! I love the way she talks. ^^ Zach was also really cool! And "Beef"s cool too! ^^

The beginning really cool. I think them all going to see Santa gave a great introduction to their characters. I especially liked Grace's. SO SO funny!

I definitely recommend this to everyone who's not a loser boring person who can't understand the greatness of funny movies. ^^

An Instant Favorite for Me!

Author: (astro_92@hotmail.com) from Crestview, Florida, USA
11 December 2006

I enjoyed this movie tremendously! Unaccompanied Minors kept me glued to my seat and the elements contained within had me captivated. There are some very interesting moments here and I think that everyone else will probably agree with me.

The picture is about a small group of kids who are traveling for the Christmas holiday. However, it all goes awry when a fierce snowstorm delays every flight at the airport. Of all the children that are present at this location five of them manage to wreak all sorts of havoc throughout the lounge and its surrounding areas. This infuriates the security manger, Oliver Porter, who is supposedly also in charge of everything else at the facility. The kids (Spencer, Grace, Beef, Donna, and Charlie) disobey every single command that Oliver gives them; they also manage to escape all the places that he chooses to confine them in. The kids eventually reach Spencer's sister Katherine and give her a present so she won't think that Santa forgot about her. The five kids establish a very strong bond at the end of the film.

Unaccompanied Minors is very entertaining. I recommend this movie to everyone that I know. See it, this is guaranteed to mesmerize you.

It's Home Alone, The Terminal, and The Breakfast Club all rolled up into one.

Author: DarkVulcan29 (DarkVulcan29@aol.com) from United States
17 December 2006

This movie is every kids fantasy, and is every adults worst nightmare. This movie makes the kids the hero's, and most of the grown ups the villains. This movie takes place in an airport on Christmas Eve, where six kids are forced to stay over night, when there flight gets canceled due to bad weather, under the strict watch over airport manager Oliver Porter(The very funny Lewis Black), but these kids are not gonna sit still and be bored, they are gonna make this a Christmas to remember, by having fun and trying to outwit Mr. Porter and airport security. This is a fun movie for the whole family, everybody performs well, but it's Tyler James Williams(Everybody Hates Chris) as Charlie Goldfinch who seems to steal the movie, with his flair for comic timing, I hope he has a long career ahead of him.

A very good Christmas movie to see

Author: Tyler Yusko from United States
26 December 2006

A MUST see movie!!!! !!!!!! !!!!! you have to see it to get into the Christmas spirit !!!!!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!a very enjoyable film for the whole family. all ages from kids to grandparents will love it. The whole movie is very impressing. it should have been rated higher.i would think as this of the movie to see it every Christmas season with the whole family. it gives a nice moral and a perfect ending. it also has an amazing cast as well ,everyone played their role perfectly and couldn't have been any better by any means. it is also very funny at times and also gives lessons to the children as well. it is the best movie of 2006.

best movie ever

Author: roberto reynoso (RobertRG1)
23 January 2007

this is the best movie ever because have a great story, a good message and have very good actors including the kids all were good because all have the role that they have to do all knew how to act in every scene of the movie. My favorite is Donna (Quinn Shephard) because she is too pretty and i like her role of a tomboy. i laugh on every scene of the movie i remember all the scenes in my head and i laugh, i really enjoy it. i enjoy the role of Oliver Porter (Lewis Black)he is kind but he is really bad with the kids he makes me laugh for the things that happen to him.I'm waiting for the DVD. if someone know something about the DVD told me please. i love this movie

Cute, better than expected

Author: designing-digital from United States
27 December 2006

This was so much better than expected. The boy who played Charlie was excellent. I hope to see him in more movies. The story was mostly fun to watch as the kids decided to take their misfortune of being left with a room full of a bunch of crazy, undisciplined children of divorced parents. When seeing this it will make you think twice about leaving your kids fate in the hands of an airline. Right after I saw this movie a real life unaccompanied minor called his parents from the airport after walking unsupervised from the airplane into the airport. The airport director is a scrooge, he won't allow any Christmas decorations at the airport. Charlie, gets separated from his little sister and decides she will get a the Christmas gift she wants, even though they are far from home. With the help of his new friends, they set out on a mission to reunite Charlie with his sister. The characters are all from different backgrounds, but they have chemistry. The child actors are excellent and shine in this movie. I think some of the extreme scenes, like the one in the 'unaccompanied minor room' is to entertain younger audiences, but wasn't so ridiculous to lose older ones like me! Go see this with your kids! You won't be disappointed.

Page 4 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]