IMDb > "The IT Crowd" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The IT Crowd"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The IT Crowd" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Brilliant Show...Too bad it's not aired in the U.S.

Author: Ryan Levesque from United States
1 May 2006

I hope they continue this show in the U.K. I wont hold my breath for a US network to pick it up however - I've come to suspect that any show that's creative, well written, and worth while is canceled by the idiots who make such decisions (see: Firefly for an example.)

There's a line in an episode that still cracks me up every time I watch it, "Google our names... Oh no!" Some of the attention to detail in the show is pretty amazing too. On the wall in the background you'll see a printout of the FSM (Flying Spagetti Monster) which is quite fitting.

The humor is along the lines of Office Space, so if you enjoyed that flick, you'll like the It Crowd.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Author: TheHUGE from Sweden
31 March 2006

For e semi-geek like myself, this series absolutely rocked! The really low sense of humor and the great geek-jokes really made the show. Alongsides with some really good (bad?) actors/acting.... really looking forward to new episodes if there will be any :S

" Have you tried turning it off and on again? "

"Yesterdays jam?! - well that doesn't work as well actually, jam lasts for ages"

" I'm a lonesome loner, a lonely man, walking down a lonely road.... Alone "

" I'm a bastard "

One of the best already

Author: chulak from United Kingdom
3 March 2006

I watch lots of TV shows, and when it comes to comedy, i cant be made to laugh easily, but this show mad me laugh more than an average episode of friends, truly this show has the potential to be one of the best, having just watched the series 1 finale, i have already ordered the DVD and cant wait for series 2.

My Favourite IT crowd quotes:

Have you tried turning it off then on again Desk Rabbit

P.S. DVD out 9/10/2006

PRE ORDER NOW

Chulak

Brilliant!

Author: bingjr from United Kingdom
24 February 2006

I so wanted this new comedy to work, and I was so pleased that it did. I was completely hooked after the first episode! For me and I am sure for many others too it was 'laugh out loud' all the way through. The three characters work so well together. So witty without being crude or offencive. Katherine Parkinson is a gem and a fantastic newcomer, and I am sure after seeing this will have a brilliant future as a comedy actress. This seems to be a fantastic good old fashioned piece of comedy and maybe it's too soon to say but one that will continue to be funny for ages to come.

OK maybe it's not a completely revolutionary new idea but who cares? It was funny, very funny, and for a comedy isn't that what matters?

the Real Nerdy Series

Author: Bruce Gordon (bruce@brucegordon.co.za) from South Africa
7 November 2013

I fell in love with the IT Crowd since the first episode. being a computer guy myself with all the quirks to nerds and the simple English Humor cracked me up on every episode.

following a simple story line of technical support within their company and the drama of trying to be recognized facing challenges that applies to our technical world, always reminds me where i come from.

You cannot go wrong watching the IT Crowd. If you know computer lingo and are looking for a good laugh this is the series for you. give it a chance to settle in if you not familiar with the language. you'll soon find it entertaining and informative.

I Rate this Show Somewhere Around Funniesterest

Author: PartialMovieViewer from United States
23 February 2013

My only question, why is this show no longer on TV? This program was great. I could not stop laughing. 'The IT Crowd', was one of my favorites. I just started getting hooked on the non-stop laughter and – poof – it's gone. My response to that is, 'Whaaaaaaaa?' How could such brilliance be abandoned? Finding out that the, 'The IT Crowd', is no longer on TV was like finding out some terribly tragedy took place while I was sleeping. Seldom do I laugh so much at a program that I quickly transition into tears of joviality. This was my response for every episode. To have three hair-brained geniuses locked away in a basement surrounded by computers has to be one of the most brilliant concepts I have witnessed. The script is awesome, the cast is excellent, the writing is shear art and the comedy is top notch. I love British Comedy simply because they know their craft and practice it. I also appreciate comedians who are rarely sidetracked by politics…unlike our homegrown US Comedians. Good job gang…I will miss this show.

One of the best casts & scripts I've seen.

Author: TheEmulator23 (Shelman23@gmail.com) from S. Lake Tahoe, CA
2 May 2011

Granted I'm just a bloody American, but I freiking love this show. The 3 & or 4 leads are what make this show. The scripts are funny as hell & the acting seems completely natural too. I loved the boss they had in the 1st year or two & was sad when he jumped out the window? but the guy that replaced him is brilliant too. I've never been to England or the U.K. whatever they prefer it to be called, but this is as good as the American version of "The Office." It's not quite up to par w/the English version of "The Office," but it's damn close. I keep hoping I'll see the stars of this show in other things & I'm glad to say I just saw the main dude now in "Bridesmaids" w/Kristen Wiig & Maya Rudolph, (she was the last person I thought would have a career after SNL but she was so good w/Jim Kransinski of the American "Office" in "Away We Go,"It's quite thrilling for her.) I just think if you enjoy any sort of Ricky Gervais' type comedy you'll enjoy this little known series too.

Very good

Author: zetes from Saint Paul, MN
22 August 2010

Very funny British sitcom. Two of my very favorite shows from the past decade were British comedies, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and The Mighty Boosh, and this show contains three of the major actors from those series (Richard Ayoade, Matt Berry and Noel Fielding). Those two shows were truly inspired. Darkplace was a spot-on recreation of really bad filmmaking (the conceit being that it was an old TV show created by an arrogant, hack horror writer not unlike Stephen King) and The Mighty Boosh was an aggressively bizarre show about two boobs finding themselves embroiled in fantastical adventures. Compared to them, The IT Crowd is fairly conventional. It's pretty much a standard workplace sitcom (complete with live studio audience, i.e., a laugh track, unlike those other two shows) about two nerds and their clueless supervisor (Ayoade, Chris O'Dowd and Katherine Parkinson) who work in the IT department. Some of the show has the two guys dealing with the morons upstairs who need their help (O'Dowd always answers the phone, "Hello, IT department. Have you tried turning it off and on?"), or just dealing with Parkinson's computer illiteracy, but probably far more frequently the plots had little to do with work and more with O'Dowd's or Parkinson's (separate) romantic problems. Ayoade is the standout of the cast as a complete social retard. Anything that guy says is gold. In the second season, Matt Berry was added to the cast as the chauvinist big boss who has a problem not sexually harassing his employees. Like Ayoade, he was one of the main characters on Darkplace (and both were also minor characters in the Boosh universe), and anything he says is hilarious. He has the best voice ever, like he's been constipated for about three years. The IT Crowd can be extremely hilarious when it's at its best, but it can be awkwardly plotted at times. And they fall back too often on old sitcom plot lines and gay panic jokes. But 99% of the time the fantastic cast makes it work. This apparently just ended its run a few weeks ago after four seasons (and a whopping 24 episodes), and it seems to not be coming back (though of course you never know with British series). The first three seasons are available on Netflix Instant. Well worth checking out.

It's brilliant for the right type of audience.

Author: scottishlass_26 from United Kingdom
29 December 2006

I love the IT Crowd, but strangely enough I'm not a huge fan of Father Ted, and definitely not of Friends (as the person before me said most people who like Friends will like this).

It is set in this little dingy basement office which I think looks a fun place to work actually - do nothing all day, drink coffee, and get paid for it..not to mention having Noel Fielding behind a red door! He is v. funny in this too, but he is in everything he does. The character of Mos is really geeky but in a good way, he is so funny and comes out with these one liners that make you laugh out loud. Roy, bless him, has a good heart but can be very weird! And Jen is the best, she tries to keep everything in order but really doesn't have a clue what she is doing herself, she can't even turn a computer on lol.

All in all, it's a good show not to be taken too seriously and it will make you laugh, if not for anything else then Jens face during the stress test!

Best show in ages

Author: snatchertas from Greece
21 March 2006

The IT crowd is simply put the best possible entertainment for intelligent lifeforms of our time. Maybe this comment sounds too much, but this is actually top notch comedy, maybe the best in recent years. Comedy is a complicated business and if you, like me, are in a constant search for humor to enrich your everyday life, then you will recognize in the IT crowd the evolution of contemporary satire. It is Monty Pythons meet Mr Bean in a Dilbert Cubicle. And it is very very intelligent. You will be happy to discover cultural references of our generation. You will find absurd and surreal situations happily taking place within everyday workplace environments. You will find characters clever and stupid at the same time, good and evil in reasonable amounts. It is also very very rich in details, such as clever posters, t-shirt slogans and many more surprises for the viewer to discover. In a word unmissable!

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]