IMDb > "The IT Crowd" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The IT Crowd"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The IT Crowd" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Brilliant

Author: bfscr1 from United Kingdom
5 February 2006

"The IT crowd" is an excellent comedy but requires the viewer to watch the second episode rather than base their judgement on the first episode then snub the entire series.

The first episode was a decent attempt to gain the viewers approval however, it was hyped far too much, which made the viewer think that "The IT Crowd" was the next best comedy. When the first episode ended, everyone was disappointed due to the lack of good jokes. There were moments in the first episode that somehow reminded me of the great mind of Graham Linehan who was the writer to "Father Ted" and "Black Books" due to random jokes such as the joke in the credits.

The second episode was almost redemption to the first as the cast and Graham Linehan ultimately revealed their true performance. It was almost surreal and had it's connections to "Father Ted" equally weirdness. There was uncontrollable laughter in a lot of areas of the second episode such as the stress class which delivered powerful comedy that would even make "Father Ted" mediocre.

I give this comedy a round of applause and wish for an encore.

Hilarious to me and mine

Author: jdavisjdavis from United States
25 February 2006

I think it has just the right amount of tech humor to stay true to its name, but anybody who's ever worked in an office of any kind should appreciate this show hugely. Big laughs for me every single episode... and I don't ususally laugh outloud. "Others" in the house made the comment of me really enjoying myself watching these crazy episodes. I've loved every episode through 5, though to be perfectly honest here and there I found myself wishing for more techie jokes, but i guess they can't chase away the non-techies just yet.

Personally, Moss is my fav. The voice, the look, his whole line of thinking. Way cool and ridiculous. Happily, all the other characters are top notch too. Very very refreshing and laugh outloud show. Don't miss it!

Great Brit-com

Author: jeremyemmet from Canada
12 February 2006

The IT Crowd is an absurdist satire of office dramas, featuring those most indispensable of nerds, tech support geeks.

The first thing I noticed watching this series was director Ben Fuller's patience. He has a willingness to let a joke build that evades most television directors. Some jokes are set up in the opening scene and wait until the final segment for the payoff.

The show is further bolstered by great chemistry and timing between stars Richard Ayoade, Christopher Morris, Chris O'Dowd, and Katherine Parkinson. Each actor emits a brave willingness to take their characters to extremes for a laugh.

It's all helped a great deal, of course, if you have a vague notion computer technology and its various sub-cultures, but for the most part, the audience is along for clever dialogue-related humour, not in-jokes.

A Brilliant Show That Is Funnier Every Time I See It!

Author: stonecoldjaw2000 from United Kingdom
21 May 2006

I never meant to watch The IT Crowd, I stumbled upon it by accident when I was at a friends house and I decided to watch it as there was nothing else on and boy was I glad to have watched it! It was so funny, you must admire the emergency services scene! it was a total shame to have only 6 episodes in the 1 series! I hope series 2 comes out soon because this is by far the best series i have ever watched and will be my all-time favourite TV show ever! Moss is a great character and definitely suits the program well as his witty funny lines fits everywhere they are mentioned! "If there were such a thing as a drudgeon, that is what we'd be to them." Class ;) The IT Crowd is A perfect 10/10 a must see.

Bloody Brilliant

Author: amethyst2403 from Canada
13 May 2007

Considering the brain dead material on TV these days, including all the "reality TV" garbage, The IT Crowd is probably the best show to come along in a very long time. The characters are well developed, the humour is dry and witty and the cast is amazing. There are so many nuances that you have to pay special attention or you'll miss them, which is difficult to do when you are busting your gut laughing with tears pouring down your face. You have to watch the episodes several times to get it all and each time you howl with anticipation of what you know is coming up next. Favourite parts have to be the tarty red shouza (shoes) and when Roy has to explain to Moss about "High Tide" - First scene of Carrie Moss. Richmond is OTT. Brilliant. Can't wait to see series 2.

absolutely hilarious!

Author: killamajig from United States
9 June 2007

My new all time favorite show. Expertly performed and brilliantly written this is the funniest show I have seen for as long as I can remember. The cast is so perfect, from the nutty Denholm (the boss man) to the eclectic pair of nerds that was the IT department. I am so lucky to have seen an episode on the net, because I would have never seen this on the BBC as I live in the US. You do not have to be a computer nerd to laugh until your sides hurt. However, having any exposure to life inside a company of any modest size will certainly make you appreciate what goes on at this company. Even the elevator, or "lift" as the Brits call it is a source of much laughter, as are the bathrooms and many other props. But the real genius of such great writing and comedic delivery on the part of the cast is magnificent. Please continue to make more, and pretty please produce a DVD that I can buy on Amazon.

So Good

Author: bengreck from United States
22 August 2007

This series is so good. The cast is wonderful and it made me laugh and cackle in a way that I haven't too often. Really good stuff. I love the reality of all of the wires and all of the keyboards around... etc. The mess of the place/office is heartwarming - and the randomness of the "relationship manager" is really funny. The show has a 70's look to it - It kind of looks like my old shows growing up, like the Jeffersons - so it has this feel to it like there is some kind of art going on.

Brits rock.

The show is hilarious at times, and I don't just throw that word around. :-)

Pretty good attempt, lots of potential

Author: Jimmy Jack from United Kingdom
6 February 2006

Disclaimer: I work in IT.

After seeing the first trailer with the guys running away from the office party, it got me to check out the website. Class actors, and excellent writers/producers. This must be good...

After watching the double-bill online, and then again on TV, my initial reactions were that it's a good comedy show; which isn't too technical, slightly surreal (Chris Morris demonstrates this perfectly!) and has plenty of laugh-out-loud moments.

The first episode did come across slightly weak and predictable, but by the second episode I was hooked, and really do think it will only get better. Not quite in the same calibre as Father Ted or The Office, but still has the potential to be a cult series.

One to keep an eye on!

Graham Linehan tackles another genre of comedy...

Author: Michael Blighe from Sunderland, UK
22 November 2006

This time, he's dealing with technology. The IT Crowd, with it's old-skool computer game style opening credits, immediately catches the attention.

Roy and Moss are two IT staff working for a big company. But despite the size of the company, the two seem banished to the basement of the building. However, they seem to enjoy their locked-away existence, occasionally being tortured by moronic staff asking why their computer won't work, which is usually answered with, "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" The characters are likable, and the script is a joy. Further proof that Mr. Linehan has a good eye for great actors and actresses, and that his writing skills have not waned with time. After all of his previous successes (including Father Ted, Black Books and material for Harry Enfield And Chums, The Fast Show, Big Train, Coogan's Run, Brass Eye and Jam) The IT Crowd is another triumph.

Very Funny

Author: StevinTasker from Author of Freedom's Run
27 March 2006

Like Father Ted and Black Books before it this show is packed with great comedy. There are real gems in here (as well as some stuff we've seen before). Katherine Parkinson does a fine job as Jen, the voulnerable but strong IT manager (who doesn't do IT!),this is particularly satisfying as many Female characters don't fare well in comedy and can quickly fall into the 'say line to the camera, move off screen' rubbish we see so often. Chris O'Dowd is great as Roy and although he provides many of the 'stock comedy moments' this is mixed with new material and isn't detrimental to the overall piece. Richard Ayoade as Moss is another great character, to see how he peels an Orange is worth the DVD price alone. It is worth noting that this is already being traded on Ebay.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]