IMDb > "Just Jordan" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Just Jordan" More at IMDbPro »

Watch when nothing else is on...

Author: butterflavoredcrisco from United States
3 November 2007

This show has all the elements to being a good Teen show but the lead character Jordan played by comedian now actor "Lil JJ" has a tendency to overact on his own show! I mean it's YOUR show! You're the star. This kid acts like he's trying to steal the attention from all the other's YOUR show, there's no need to! To prove this,the theme song of the show doesn't even have much SCREAMS "it's just Jordan,it's just Jordan,it's just Jordan,JORDAN.." Hey if you don't believe you're a star,then we won't either.

Anyways the plots are pretty much a "fill in the blanks" type of thing, you've seen it all before and in a lot of cases done better. I know that there are only a certain amount of plots a show can work with but at least be creative and give it it's own style and identity..I can predict a plot the first 5 minutes in on this show. The show is just "there". No "oomph!" or "Wow" qualities in it.

And That laugh track that they use to encourage us to laugh with them is not working. Tape the show in front of a live studio audience. I swear I heard that laugh track on a Scooby Doo episode.

The show is bad..but it's not THAT bad but hopefully it can get better.

Surprising Good

Author: GrLz_06 from United States
29 January 2007

At first this show didn't seem that good. The commercials make "JUst Jordan" seem weird, unfunny, and a bit lame. Yet when you begin to watch it's funny and has good plots. "Just Jordan" is about a 14 year old named Jordan (no duh) new to L.A. and lives with his grandfather, mom, and younger sister. In L.A.

Jordan works at his grandfather's restaurant, he also goes to school and makes friends such as a basketball star, Tony and a weird yet amusing pal, Joaqin. Jordan has to deal with growing up, dating, school, and family. The show might not be the best but for Nickeloden it's good.

Tony and Jordan didn't get along at first, they were actually competition. While basketball try outs were being held Tony was Jordan's biggest competition.