IMDb > Lego Star Wars: The Video Game (2005) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Lego Star Wars: The Video Game (VG) More at IMDbPro »

"This game is da BOMB!"-words of a true genius

Author: Todorminator from Bulgaria
27 December 2005

Who ever thought up of combining LEGO and Star Wars is certainly a great person. If you are searching for pure fun this is the place to go. You have never seen a game like this. At first you might say you start off "small" and work your way "up". The thing about the game is, that it combines a great series and a fun toy-line in an interactive environment. I don't know who wouldn't like it but I certainly love it. Another advantage is the game play- it may seem strange at first, but soon after that you'll quickly get used to it.

In conclusion the combination of one of the world's greatest films and one of the world's greatest toys has brought to us one of the world's greatest games.Like I said in another one of my comments, I give this game 11/10.

Lego+Star Wars=Genius

Author: davies-13 from Wales
21 May 2006

This game belongs in everyone's collection. It's fun to play and has adventure and charm. The majority of Star Wars games have been disappointing, 'Lego Star Wars: The Video-game' rewards Star Wars and Lego fans, where else can you get 3 episodes (or 'films') in one game. Lego Star Wars allows you to play 'Episode I: The Phantom Menace', 'Episode II: Attack of the Clones' and the new film 'Episode III: Revenge of the Sith'. Un-lockables include Invincibility, Sillouettes and bonus characters. There is also a special IN-lockable behind the '?' door in Dexter's diner. You can also build Lego Star Wars ships in the parking spaces outside the diner by acclaiming 'Jedi status' in each level of the game. an entertaining game for both Star Wars and Lego fans.

Witty, weird, and downright fun!

Author: xj13 from United Kingdom
10 June 2006

I waited three weeks for this game, and it is so addictive. It is probably one of my top ten favourite games, possibly number three or four (my favourite game is probably Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, and cos my computer is dodgy with PC games and I don't have an XBOX 360, I can't have it!).

My dad, who does not like most of the games I buy, actually liked the look of this one! I got this a day after I bought Super Smash Bros Melee, one of my other favourite games, and this game is the one that steps between me and SSB:M.

The first level is in the droid ship at the beginning of Episode 1, and you can be Qui Gon, Obi Wan and TC 14. It is probably one of the best levels in the game, and it shows that even a kid's game can be funny for a teenager (Obi Wan shimmies around the side of a droid carrier, only to be spotted by Qui Gon, who sighs with embarrassment). It has everything in a game that you could wish for, like a little bit of adult humour after you defeat Anakin, great and colourful graphics that are easy on eyes, and addicting game play.

I give this game 10/10, because of its all out fun and greatness.

Graphics 10 Gameplay 10 Sound 10 Value 7 Replay value 10

A classic

Author: Enchilada105 from United States
4 June 2006

Although i think think this game is classic i gave 7 stars for a couple reasons.....

1.You can buy cheat codes which can make the game too easy.

2.The only way you can really beat people at saber duels is by doing the jumping attack.

3.The CPU allies cant kill anything.

4.you should have special powers but instead you just get force or grapple cannon thats just boring.

5.and the fact that you only get 4 health

I extremely hope they fix those problems.

I cant wait for the new Lego star wars!

very addictive but also challenging

Author: tonyjea92 from United States
11 January 2011

the 1st time i played this game i wasn't sure whether or not to laugh because its made entirely out of legos or to scream because its star wars an i am a hugeeeeeee star wars fan. But im not sure how or why but i bought this game about a few months after i played it an ever since then i couldn't stop playing it. every character at least in the prequel trilogy is about playable save for maybe 1 character but none the less this game completely took me by surprise. Far warning though every level is a challenge and some of the objectives are a little pointless (i.e. mini kits or stud total) but to any who is a star wars fan i highly recommend

Original and Fun

Author: bs3dc from United Kingdom
14 April 2008

It was a fantastic idea to combine Lego and Star Wars into a single game. Though the target market is children, there is enough intelligence and humour in the game to attract adults - particularly helping their kids out in the simple to use co-operative play. It probably has a nostalgia appeal to those grownups who played with Lego in their youth. Using Lego also allows the game to look great without requiring ridiculously high specs for your computer and the original John Williams soundtrack in the background adds greatly to the general atmosphere.

The storyline follows roughly the plot of Episodes I-III of the Star Wars saga, with 5-6 missions per episode, ranging from action/adventure to pod racing and space ship combat. This also includes boss fights with the likes of Darth Maul, Count Dooku, and General Greivous. Puzzles and obstacles are overcome by using the appropriate character for the situation, so that for example when the use of the Force is required you would use a Jedi character.

Though the single player campaign is relatively short, especially as you are only punished by dieing with a small loss of Lego studs (basically money) the game rewards multiple plays. It does this by giving rewards for getting enough studs in a level or finding all the 'minikits' that combine to build a vehicle, rewarding you with more studs that allow you to buy extra characters - there are 56 playable characters altogether, or giving you access to the bonus level. At its time of release there was also the added benefit of getting a sneak preview of some of the scenes in "Revenge of the Sith."

Overall a very enjoyable and fun game, though not without a few minor flaws that are greatly improved upon in Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy.

More a video-test than a video game

Author: leplatypus from PariS
29 August 2009

This game could have been a major pleasure but it remains a non-achieved torture: on the three movie, I only completed the second, because I can't neither finish the pod-race on Episode I nor the lava pits final on Episode III.

I really never understood the psychology of the developers who think that a good game needs a lot of difficulty: when I play basketball, I don't deflate the ball to have more fun. So why the need to do tricky jumps, hazardous dodges,etc … It ruins all the game play and it's a pity: the video-game is the best playful tool to be projected into whatever universe.

And when it's star wars, the fun is here, between fights into destroyers, exploring exotic worlds or flying in a huge space battle. The association with Lego is a winning one, because the brick design is simple, clear and gives thus amazing graphics.

So, for all fans, the ultimate game was really at the tip of the blaster, but the Dark side was powerful this time and left a beautiful but non enjoyable game.