IMDb > Love's Long Journey (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Love's Long Journey (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Great Movie!

Author: tlgah from United States
8 December 2005

I Loved this movie! it was a great movie and I think that you would enjoy it tremendously, Logan Bartholomew/Willie and Erin Cotrell/Missie does an excellent job in this movie and it's very entertaining to watch and has a western edge of your seat feel to it! and a very good message throughout the movie and at the end, a movie you can actually sit down and watch as a family and not worry about it's content! :) Michael Landon Jr. did a great job! and I'm a big fan of Jannete Oke's books anyway and to see them come alive on screen it's amazing! I sure hope they follow with the books and do more movies, cause there sure are more books to be transformed into movies! :) I recommend this movie highly! and recommend the books in the series as well! As Missie says "for everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven"

Love's Long Journey

Author: rgreen-30 from United States
13 April 2006

I loved this movie!!! It is SOOOOO refreshing to see a movie made with family in mind. It was very clean. No course language, no nudity, and no violence. My family loved it. The lead characters (Logan Bartholomew and Erin Cottrell) are very appealing and great to watch. I was glad to see Logan Bartholomew take the role of Willie LaHaye again. It was different not seeing the other Missie, however I enjoyed Erin as Missie much more. I would recommend anyone to watch it along with Love Comes Softly and Love's Enduring Promise. I have always been a fan of Janet Oke and we are eagerly awaiting the next installment and hope you will continue to put these great books on the big screen.

Words Can't Describe!!!!

Author: laurenluckhart from United States
9 April 2006

This movie is so wonderful! Words can't describe the splendor! I've seen all of the movies (well, the one's they've made so far) although my favorite was "Love's Enduring Promise," "Love's Long Journey" ran a close second! All of the actors delivered knock-out performances and I was so happy. It's nice to see some wholesome family films come back into play! Logan Bartholomew is a very talented actor and I admire his work tremendously, he brings to the screen a side of "Willie" I don't think anyone else could match, the casting directors chose well! I'm sure his good looks aren't all he has to offer, I have a feeling that we will see him a lot more in the near future! I hope to use some of the qualities I see in him to put into play with furthering my own acting career! Excellent movie, all around! I HIGHLY recommend not only "Love's Long Journey" but "Love Comes Softly" and "Love's Enduring Promise!!!!"

Love To All, *Lauren~

Good Family Movie

Author: valpograd86 from United States
7 April 2006

The budget is obviously small in this film but the message it sends out is huge. Very sweet and inspiring story of a young family held together by their faith. Makes you want to laugh and cry. Missy & Willie don't have as good as chemistry as the 2nd installment but they do make a very cute couple. I would like to try to keep him warm during the cold prairie winter. :) Also teaches children to be tolerant of other races and also that if you live a good life, good things will happen for you and your family. Make sure you watch the first 2 movies in the series before you watch this one. It probably won't make much sense if you have not see the others.

A Movie Worth Seeing!!!

Author: joybelle_3 from Ireland
30 September 2006

I love all of the movies in the Love Comes Softly series, but this was my favorite yet! Erin Cottrell and Logan Bartholomew do a great job as Missie and Willie, and there is a lot more action and excitement added to the romance of the first two in this series. God's protection along the way in the LaHaye's family's new life is very evident, and the same heart for others that Missie had in Love's Enduring Promise is clearly seen in this movie. I also loved the sweet friendship between Missie and Miriam, and their willingness and eagerness to help each other out in whatever way they can. Well worth seeing, I can't wait for number 4! Great, clean family movie for all!!!

I love it and it is good!

Author: deafboy2005 from United States
19 June 2006

I really like this movie because it shows how God can do anything possible to help them to get through pregnancy and farming but I love the beautiful scenes of landscapes. Here the part which I love is Christmas story of Luke that Willie was reading to everyone including Missie. When I watched all of Love Come Softly series, I think that Michael Landon, Jr. was a good director because his father was in Little House on the Prarie so he followed in his father's footstep to create Janette Oke's books into movies. As I looked back on my life for a little bit and I realized that my faith in God is so good to me and how God gave me a gift - my deafness.

Wonderful film,excitement and a nice message.

Author: patherwill from Spain
7 March 2014

Firstly I'd like to say how proud I think Michael Landon Sr. is with his sons work. I can't understand why people constantly compare films with original books because there is never normally the time for films to replicate what is contained in a book although changes in story etc can be off-putting I know. That said, I personally liked this film, the characters, preferred the actress Erin Cottrell in the lead role and thought there were some excellent performances from actors in other parts like John Savage,Frank McRae and William Morgan Sheppard POSS.SPOILER :-who had one of the best lines of the film,it certainly makes you swallow hard, when he said 'This is the first present I've ever got' or words to that effect when Missie gave all the Ranch-hands something for Christmas. There are Christian messages in the film in more than one place and I thought this made the film.It was very easy going and nice to watch and I would recommend it to anyone.

Cried throughout movie (loved it!), but why is it different from book?

Author: SummitBoundIAM from United States
19 April 2007

I loved the movie "Love's Long Journey", and actually just finished watching a sequel called "Love's Unending Legacy". The movies were wonderful and very touching, but I was quite disappointed that both (actually all of the Love Saga) movies differed so much from the book. I am a very avid reader and have always preferred books over movies - partially because I find it to be a very rare movie that is true to the book. I did appreciate that the movies' directors stayed true to the faith of their original characters. I would recommend the movies for a great family outing or home-viewing, but I would also recommend that you read the books with your family. My daughters and I shared many happy hours reading the books together.

amazing!!!

Author: elle1411 from United States
20 November 2006

i have seen love comes softly MANY times on the hallmark channel and i absolutely loved it. i was extremely upset when my cable provider took the hallmark channel away. i never got the chance to see love's enduring promise and love's long journey. however, recently love's enduring promise and love's long journey were on a local Christian channel and i finally got the chance to see them. I LOVED THEM!!! love's long journey was my favorite. i was a little apprehensive about the new Missie but she did fine...and Logan not only has amazing looks, but also delivers a great performance. he is one of my favorite actors now. this is one of my all time favorite movies and i would recommend them to anyone. cant wait for love's abiding joy coming out in December!!!

Different Actress Spoiled It!

Author: cbjslp from United States
22 February 2007

From first seeing this third movie, I have been intensely disappointed at the replacement of January Jones. She was perfect as the older Missy, whose younger version was definitely not a Miss Goodie-Goodie. Jones matched the younger Missy's personality very well. Her replacement seems larger,not delicate, too smiley and forced perky and is not a good match for Willie. I liked the ranch hands much better than I did Missy. I haven't read the books. The first two movies made me interested in reading them. If I had seen just this one, I don't think I would have that interest. After reading some of the other viewer's comments, I want to read the books to see if they really are better than the movie plots. Little House is an American legend, but those who read Laura's books, know that Michael Landon took considerable dramatic license with his stories as the show progressed.