IMDb > Galaxy Force II (1988) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Galaxy Force II (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Ew!

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
12 October 2005

This is the worst game. I guess the first Galaxy Force game was so good it warranted a sequel. I'm not kidding when I say I made games better than this in 10 minutes on my old Commodore 64.

I just unearthed this rubbish today after doing a little spring cleaning. I remembered it being trash but just needed to play it a little to jog my memory as to why. Basically, all you do in this game is fly thru a '3-dimensional' generic space level shooting things. You never miss. Even if you are in the top right or bottom left firing in the wrong direction, whatever boring weapon you have will eventually kill the non-threatening baddies. There's no story, just shooting.

And the graphics are horrible. On the first level when you 'penetrate the enemy fortress' the worst graphics ever make an appearance. Ugh! It was horrid. To think that the RRP of this game was £39.99 when it was first released. I'm glad I never bought it. It just sort of appeared in my house. Trust me, it really is rank!

The arcade version may well have been good but the Sega Genesis version has it's own spot in hell.