IMDb > Deck the Halls (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Deck the Halls (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A heart warming family Christmas film for all ages.

Author: ovaga1 from United States
12 December 2005

It's wonderful to see a sentimental, funny, Christmas film with romance, Santa, elves and reindeer. For a change Christmas wasn't marginalized. In a way, it is reminiscent of "Miracle on 42nd Street". A perfect holiday movie for young and old alike. Great family experience. Loved the music. Actors Steve Basic and Josh Hayden's performance were touching. A great duo. The dog was funny-especially in the street hockey game. And Rudolph- I can't remember seeing him in a movie for a long time.Gabrielle was a bit harsh as a character, but in a typical Scrooge tradition. Inspiring message. Look forward to seeing it every year!

A Christmas Classic for years to come

Author: sedgeford from United States
15 December 2005

If you want to spend a couple of hours with a wonderful, family film that warms the heart and makes you laugh at the same time DECK THE HALLS is it. Great acting by all. Pretty cool to see Steven Culp in this (being a fan since 13 days). The story is basically of a woman (played convincingly well by Gabrielle Carteris)lost her husband to a car accident that is spending the first Xmas without him. Her son is doing his best to brighten up the holidays. They have relocated to her parents home town getting a job at her fathers toy factory. She is hardened by the reality of losing the love of her life and confronting her first holiday season without him. She is slowly warmed over by Nick, played brilliantly by Steven Bacic, a consultant helping the company increase sales who also happens to be her neighbor. Being tired of the lame blockbuster scripts, this one is very well written and the delivery of the lines comes off in a genuine, often touching way. Well done.

Deck The Halls was WAY COOL!!!!

Author: asloan-2 from Canada
23 December 2005

What can I say about this movie, BUT HOW Awesome!!!! Steve Bacic was so cute as Nick ST. Clair (aka SANTA), I sure loved how he turned into Santa at the end. And yes he was a younger, hipper VERY SEXY ST. NICK! I also loved those wacky Hawaiian shirts, very colourful, the reindeer and sleigh were cool. The rest of the cast was also amazing. I sure hope that this movie becomes a holiday favorite. Because I know that I will watch it year after year! I hope that more movies of this quality are made, because it is nice to see movies with a beautiful message. And I hope that Steve is able to play more roles where he is OH, SO CUTE (not that, that is hard to do!!!!)!!!

Deck the Halls

Author: lmtrutt from United States
14 December 2005

This movie was very heart warming and I think Steve Bacic is fantastic actor and hope he will get more good parts like this and become more well known. Wonderful movie for the holiday season. Loved everything about this movie but especially Steve Bacic. Enjoyed the elves playing around. Seeing Raindeer in a movie again especially Rudolph. This movie is one that the whole family will love and enjoy for years to come. The dog was also a great part in the movie. Some scenes were very touching and some made me laugh. I totally recommend this movie for one and all!More movies of this type need to be made! Enjoyed the wild colored clothes that were worn by Steve Bacic but especially the Santa outfit. It made me believe in miracles again!

He Wants Mommy to Kiss Santa Claus

Author: wes-connors from Earth
24 December 2011

Recently widowed "Beverly Hills 90210" TV alumni Gabrielle Carteris (as Holly) is not ready to date the many men who find her attractive. She finds new next-door neighbor Steve Bacic (as Nickolas "Nick" St. Clair) annoying, even more so when father-in-law Ken Pogue (as Jack) hires him to work marketing for their "Dreamland Toys" store. However, Ms. Carteris' eight-year-old son Josh Hayden (as Ben) finds Mr. Bacic appealing. He tries to hook his mom up with Bacic. Young Hayden, who seems a little old for this, has asked God and Santa to bring back papa. There is also some intrigue about Bacic having a secret Christmastime identity. He has a sleigh, wears red, and works with little people...

**** Deck the Halls (12/12/05) George Mendeluk ~ Gabrielle Carteris, Steve Bacic, Josh Hayden, Ken Pogue

Miss-casted

Author: kogrone from United States
21 December 2012

The main gal Gabrielle was too old for the lead - The gay playing Kris (Santa) looks 10 years younger but is great in the role. The boy playing Ben looks way to old to be believing in Santa - He looks 12 but is treated like he is 7 - SO ANNOYING! He's also bad in the role.

It was a disappointment in many ways. The story line was sweet... Just to bad whoever casted this show didn't do a better job. The Elves were great, whoever played the dad was great and the gal in the supporting role was adorable. I would have preferred her in the lead.

It's best if you find something else to watch this Christmas. There are quite a few new shows out there.

I got bored

Author: Lingly from United States
19 December 2010

I love Christmas movies and I think I have a lot of tolerance for corniness, questionable acting, etc., but this movie had me fast-forwarding through scenes halfway through because I got bored and just wanted it to finish.... and I just knew I wasn't going to miss anything. The premise was cute but I kept waiting for something to really HAPPEN. Some of the shots between scenes seemed drawn out like they were just trying to fill time. I thought the character development was non-existent and I couldn't get emotionally involved with any of the characters. And for some reason the boy seemed a little too old for the part. I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone.

This was beyond awful

Author: KGJM-Sr from Ohio, USA
17 December 2009

It had a run last night on Lifetime Movie Network...

"Holly" had two facial expressions, and could only deliver her lines out of the side of her mouth while looking away from the person she was speaking to. I guess that showed her tortured angst.

"Nick" had to deliver lines that were so corny, I cannot imagine how he kept from laughing! "If you don't believe in miracles, how can miracles happen?" And the poor kid, wooden delivery, and his mom (evil shrew) does not want him bonding to a male father figure ~ and his dad just died! How do you balance the age of the kid between young enough to "believe" and old enough (savvy) to know how to manipulate emails to "fix up" his mom with Nick? Or that his mom needed fixing up to begin with! Don't even get me started on the hockey scene where they speed up the action to draw comic relief from the "little people" elves...

Horrible horrible tripe trash!

Awful

Author: jickyjack from United States
28 November 2010

I often come to this website to read reviews of movies. After watching this movie I was certain that all of the reviews would be scathing. The acting by the mom and the kid was brutal. (Sorry kid...) After reading the first couple of reviews my jaw dropped. 10 stars ?!!! They loved it? As I continued to read I decided that either friends or family, (or themselves), had to have written those glowing opinions. Finally, I read the last one and saw that someone had actually told the truth. After all the times I've come to this site I decided to register so I could warn people that haven't seen this awful movie to not waste their time. Really, if you value your time at all, don't watch what I now consider to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Yes, it was so bad that it got me to register just so I could get the truth out there. I know that our opinions of movies are subjective, but when one is as terrible as this one, I can't believe it got even one good review, let alone several. The great reviews have to be from friends or relatives.