IMDb > Cutting Room! (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Cutting Room! More at IMDbPro »

Not the worst movie I've ever seen...

Author: sarahphilochick from United States
4 March 2008

You really have to keep your expectations low and be ready for this sort of thing. I'm a big fan of watching movies like this while I'm doing other things (like reading IMDb discussion boards).

In the realm of low-budget horror films with terrible acting? This one is pretty damn good. The effects were pretty great. The acting wasn't actually that bad. I've definitely seen much much worse. I wouldn't for a moment say it was scary, but it was definitely entertaining. If you are looking for some great and cheesy gore and aren't too terribly worried about good acting and a fantastic plot? Then this movie is definitely for you. It's a nice shout out to the history of B-movies including Troma films.

Definitely entertaining if you are amused by that sort of thing.

Troma fans need apply!

Author: The Alexorcist (alexploited@yahoo.com) from SoCal
21 November 2006

If you're like me, and you've seen hundreds of no-budget shot-on-video horror flicks, chances are you're fairly jaded. And rightly so. But you know what? I found a lot to like in this movie, and the odds are decent that you will too!

It's the standard slasher plot. A group of actors attend a cast party for their little horror movie. Guess what happens next?

Okay, so it's not new territory. But it is a lot more fun than the average slasher flick, never taking itself too seriously while managing to avoid mocking the genre. You've got oodles of gore (there are some really classic moments!) and a little bit of nakedness. Not to mention a couple of Troma regulars, Sir Lloyd and Trent Haaga.

But there is some roughness around the edges. The camera-work and sound often leave something to be desired. However, if you can get past that and leave your inner movie geek at the door, you're in for a treat.

Check it out. For reals.