Another feature documentary on the 2-Disc "Phantom of the Opera" DVD...

Author: Neil Doyle from U.S.A.
13 March 2008

THE MAKING OF 'PHANTOM OF THE OPERA' is an interesting behind the scenes look at the preparations made to bring the film version of the stage success to the big screen, as the most expensive independent film ever made. The sumptuous sets and costumes are featured and the film's producer, SIMON LEE, describes how no expense was spared to recreate the bigger than life illusions in the set designs.

The production designer, the cinematographer (John Mathieson), costume designer and choreographer (Peter Darling) all contribute to the wealth of information concerning sets, costumes and overall look of the film which used a lot of matte paintings for backdrops, as well as CGI and a detailed miniature of the opera house.

Unfortunately, at one point on my DVD this segment ends before the 46 minutes are up, but I'm sure there's more of Joel Schumacher and some of the cast members talking about their roles. If the glitch ever clears, I'll be able to give a fuller report.

I love this film

Author: frkent5 from Denmark
27 November 2006

When i was a child i saw the film in TV, already then i loved it. The film(2004) is the best film i have seen for a long time. Every one had told me about it, so Ihad to see it. I'm in love!!!!! Gerry (Gerald) Butler has a wonderful voice. love it!!!!!

To all the people of the world: You have to see it.

My brother do not like opera or classic music. He do now. I saw it on DVD over and over again. 4 times in 24 hours, could not get enough of it. -And every time I saw a new thing.

I have also seen the bonus materials. Behind the stage, how to build the opera house, etc.

It's very good! :0)