IMDb > Norbit (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Norbit

Norbit More at IMDbPro »

Page 14 of 27: [Prev][9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [Next]

Norbit have heart of wawwior, but mawwy a "gowilla"!

Author: r91325 from United States
25 February 2007

Warning! Contains spoilers!: In case you can't recall (or haven't been an adult long enough), Eddie Murphy has made a career getting the most mileage from ethnic, fat, and and fart jokes. Why would anyone expect this movie be any different? Duly noted, "Norbit" will not win any academy awards this year, yet while inconceivably ridiculous at times, there are more than enough Kodak moments to keep everyone laughing their ass off! Here are key examples of Eddie Murphy's shameless forte:

1. When Rasputia rides down the water slide and breaks through the barrier to buttocks flop her big fat ass in the kiddie pool, just one Twinkie shy of crushing the little girl huddling terrorized in a fetal position nearby, the seamless transition to the Pug (dog) pedaling his hind quarters in a wheel chair is pure eloquence, effortlessly crossing the line between progressively crass hyperboles. Since you are still laughing at Rasputia's big ass splash, you can't help but laugh at the poor little dog too, even when you don't want to. The joke is on you!

2. Eddie Murphy is the only African American I know of who can satirize oriental characters on point, which makes his obtuse theatre even funnier! Murphy's mannerisms are not one chin short of Charlie Chan! Even Pat Morita would be proud!

The bottom line is that Eddie Murphy hasn't changed (and why should he?!), the times have. 20 years ago, everyone would have praised how outrageous this comedy is. Now, it is simply an outrage. So for all the overly sensitive, politically correct yin-yangs out there, always remember this - stereotypes and amusing taboos are funny because they demonstrate an ironic consistency about them that our farcical society fails to acknowledge! Since when is 350 lbs. of giggling cellulite not funny?!

So as Rasputia would say, "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?!" You go girl! It ain't over until the fat lady sings, and if you don't like it, you can kiss Eddie Murphy's black ass!

And how you doin'?!

let's not be so harsh

Author: jonathanbaker-2 from United States
12 February 2007

many people have come out to say that this movie is horrible...i don't see where they are coming from. sure the plot could have used a little bit of work, which is why i rated the movie a 6. however, this is a typical Eddie Murphy knee slapper. pretty much the entire movie was hilarious. if you liked nutty professor, you'll love norbit. only warning is to watch this movie with a light heart because if you are against poking fun at fat people or any minority group, i think you'll be offended. the casting for this movie was done well, Cuba gooding Jr. did an excellent job at playing the villain. also, katt Williams and Eddie griffin were absolutely HILARIOUS. it was nice to see characters other than the main ones providing solid comedy. if you are a fan of rap music, this movie is also a must because the soundtrack provides many modern hip-hop tracks.

Vile

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
13 January 2008

Crass, unpleasant and very occasionally funny story of a Buckwheat sort of fellow who ends up married to a shrew of a woman. Not long after that his childhood sweetheart returns and Norbit has to find a way to win her heart and dump the wife. Of course there's more going on than meets the eye.

I like Eddie Murphy. I think he's a better actor than he's given credit for, and it was nice that there was talk of an Oscar for Dreamgirls. He didn't get the Oscar and if you want to know why, this is the reason. This is a nasty pile of a movie. Coming not long after the PR machines were cranking out stories about the new Eddie, this film is a swing back to the old low brow Eddie, actually its a swing to levels that even Murphy hadn't gone before.

Then again while Eddie lost the Oscar this film did make a great deal of money. Never under estimate the taste of the American public.

"Norbit" (2007) - will this be the last of this kind from Eddie?

Author: Angel-X from United States
26 February 2007

OK time to remember...this was only a movie with Eddie Murphy playing (once again) more than one character. The expected humor was again found in this film and this also includes Eddie Murphy's expected and unexpected versions of humor. This certainly isn't the first of its kind! We all have our opinions about each one of Eddie Murphy's movies. He has done so many roles with similar characters. It would be really great to see this man move on to role, a new script. Eddie is known to cross the line with his endless humor and we all can only expect this kind of humor from a guy like Eddie! In this movie Eddie trots over that fine line, over & over again. It seems there are many individuals getting a bit upset with Eddie over this film. I just hope he will find new material and do this soon. He is a very funny man by nature and enjoys making others laugh. Now is the right time to move on and get into a brand new role, but still staying his humorous self and still very much Eddie Murphy. Sorry, but this time Eddie has worn out his over worked role as the big Mama. I am giving "Norbit" a weak #3...because it's high time to give up this idea and move on Eddie!

~Angel~

Extremely funny movie but something more

Author: iskrensp from Bulgaria
1 January 2008

First of all, this movie is a comedy. And as a such, it's very hilarious. It's not a racist at all. It's inspiring. Because under the laughing surface, there is a love story. It's about power of love and what love makes with you. And for that it's very important for it to has a happy ending. Some people would say it's very offensive, racist, a crap. Some other guys will say it has funny moments and is worth watching (but with your heart, not with your moral, censor brain - that's from me). And I'm now saying this one is of greatest kind of comedies where besides the splendid funny, entertainment part, there is a real love story. An inspiring one. You need no relaxation techniques or meditation, but just this movie to feel how much love you have inside. Thank you so so much, Eddie. You're the man that I'm in love tonight.

"Great movie and I hate puritan people in rating this movie"

Author: danijel-si from Slovenia
20 February 2007

I just watched this movie and I must say I am impressed because I haven't seen a real comedy out so far and we are 2007 now. 2006 was a bit boring year and now Eddie Murphy brings us a non-puritan comedy for people that understand what humour is. "You must take in mind that if one makes a joke out of fat people doesn't mean he is a bad person or that this is a bad comedy". For instance people can make fun out of everything even from theirselves. I read the comments here and a lot of them were preety puritan. I seen some fat people too laughing in the cinema because they don't take the movie seriously but just for entertainment that means they are good people in real life to and not like others that gave this movie such a rate. In my opinion 8/10

Morbit is worth seeing!

Author: mychellemcgee from United States
19 February 2007

I am shocked the user rating is SO low. I thought the movie was a blast! I go to 1 sometimes 2 movies a week and thought this movie was FUNNY! Have a sense of humor! Of course, no movie is "real" so you have to put yourself out there a little but to know Eddie Murphy is playing these 3 different parts is all the more amusing and amazing! Eddie Murphy is amazing as he plays characters that many Hollywood actors could never pull off. The humor is great. The only thing I didn't care for was profanity in inappropriate places but if you know Eddie Murphy, you know there is going to be profanity in the movie. Just didn't expect the profanity in one part that is considered Holy. Go watch it and have fun!

Better than the trailer makes it out to be

Author: rsk232000 from United States
10 February 2007

After watching the trailer for "Norbit" I thought it was a typical winter movie. Every year they bring out a movie that could've easily fit in the summer scene but the studios knew that the movie wasn't all that great. Last year was "The Pink Panther", this year it's "Norbit". What amazes me about this film is that it actually does have some very funny moments, most not shown in the trailer. The problem with this film is that it is cliché and the realistic sense that this story could actually happen is not very strong.

Regardless of all the flaws this film has, this is so far the best comedy out since "Night at the Muesuem". Of course, "Norbit" comes no where NEAR "Night", but that doesn't mean you're gonna see this movie with no one single laugh. Remember that this Oscar season, and you're lucky to any decent comedies out this time of year. What would've been funny is how this movie would've been blasted out of the waters had it comes out in the middle of July, trying to compete with the blockbusters. Instead, it's biggest competition is "Hannibla Rising". My suggestion, skip the never ending horror movies being made and try to laugh for a bit.

Nice movie

Author: bart9339 from United States
3 April 2007

This movie is a real good movie to watch with your friends and family,I laughed at the majority of the jokes that were told in this movie.I recommend this movie for anyone in need for a good laugh.My character in this movie is Mr. Wong because of his jokes and because of the way he talks.

I would watch this movie as much times as I could.I'm going to buy the DVD right after it comes out.(not for now)

This movie shows that its not good to be loyal to a person that's not loyal to you and controls everything that you do.So please if you haven't watched this movie go out and check it out(if its still in theaters)

Norbit- best movie of the year

Author: Tootsietaj-1 from United States
18 February 2007

This movie features Eddie Murphy who plays the character Norbit, who is looking for his true love. Rasputia (who is also played my Eddie Murphy) meets Norbit as a child become a couple. Since Norbit is a adopted child when he was a baby by Mr. Wong (played by Eddie Murphy) he never had a real family, which he wants in the future. When his child love Kate is back in his life he really misses her, but she is married, and the shelter for adopted children becomes at stake.

Will Kate be Norbit's new love, or RASPUTIA?

Will Norbit have a family?

Will Norbit end up by himself?

Will the shelter for adopted children be saved?