IMDb > WrestleMania 22 (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
WrestleMania 22

WrestleMania 22 (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Amazing,controversial,shocking, you name it...

Author: funderpantsbrian from Ireland
3 April 2006

The outcome of the main event may have changed peoples opinions of Wrestlemania22, but believe me, this show was absolutely amazing. From start to finish, WWE delivered, giving us something we haven't seen in a long while - a lot lot of attitude.

Tag Team Championship Match - Kane&Big Show vs. Carlito&Masters - This was a good opener, the match itself was pretty good and the finish was exciting. Half way through though, the Carlito chants started, and Big Show and Kane actually got booed by a section of the crowd. Now if Big Show and Kane got booed, that was bad news for poor old John Cena.

The next match was the Money In The Bank Match - Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy vs. Lashley vs. Finlay vs. Ric Flair vs. Shelton Benjamin. - Why was this match so low down the card? This was an amazing match, full of highlights and painful moments. RVD and Shelton Benjamin were amazing, Benjamin stole the show again with another amazing trick with a 10 foot ladder. The ECW chants filled the arena, RVD was clearly the fan favourite. Great ending as well. RVD wins and becomes the new Mr. Money In The Bank.

United States Championship - Chris Benoit vs. JBL - This was a pretty good match, Benoit was great. Cheap finish though. I was not expecting JBL to win a at all. JBL rolls up Benoit and holds onto the ropes for the win. New champion.

Hardcore Match - Mick Foley vs. Edge - Oh My God. Joey Styles was brought in to call this one, and rightfully so. This match was just mental. Tumb tacks, steel chairs, you name it, Foley and Edge beat the hell out of each other. This match also possibly had the greatest ending to a Wrestlemania match in years. Foley got a spear through a table from the apron. Oh and that table happened to be on fire. Edge wins this one and keeps his Wrestlemania winning streak. Amazing match.

Booker T&Sharmell vs. The Boogeyman- No match could have followed the Foley-Edge match so I guess it made sense to put this already hopeless match right after it. Very little wrestling in this one, mainly funny moments and Sharmell screaming. Boogeyman wins. Not a bad match overall, just really pointless.

Women's Championship - Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - Finally! A good women's match at Wrestlemania. This was a great match, and was actually long unlike so many women's matches theses days. Loads of action in this one. Again though, the Chicago booed the supposed fan favourite and chanted for Mickie instead. Now if this wasn't a sign that poor John Cena was going to get booed so bad, I didn't know what was. Great match, Mickie James wins and becomes the new women's champion!

Casket MatchMatch - Undertaker vs. Mark Henry - Alright match, Taker against Mark Henry was never going to be a classic. A few good highlights. Like Undertaker's amazing leap over the top ropes onto Henry on the outside - he hasn't done that in a while. The crowd went nuts when Taker Tombstoned the world's strongest man. Taker wins and buries Henry.

No Holds Barred - Shawn Michaels vs. Vince Mcmahon - Wow. This was really great. Michaels and Vince took it to each other. Shane Mcmahon tried to interfere but ended up getting handcuffed to the ropes on the outside by Michaels. Then Michaels went nuts, and so did the crowd. He nearly killed poor Vince. Great ending - Michaels takes out an extra large ladder, sets Mcmahon down on a table in the middle of the ring and elbow drops him from the ladder through the table. The crowd went crazy. Micheals did a lot of old DX suck it taunts in this match, and the crowd went crazy. A DX reunion? Please say yes. Michaels wins.

Smackdown! Main Event - Triple Threat for the World Heavyweight Championship - Super match. As soon as the bell rang, the action begun. Amazing ending, nobody thought Mysterio could actually do it. Mysterio gives Orton the 619 followed by a Hurricanrana and wins! Mysterio is the new World Heavyweight Champion. Angle couldn't believe it, and either could the crowd.

WWE Championship - John Cena vs. Triple H - This was it, the main event. And Cena got booed, booed badly. It sounded like every single person in attendance was booing Cena. The commentators accepted it, Cena was no longer the fan favourite. Triple H was getting cheered. Triple H amazingly gave the fans a DX suck it taunt, just like Michaels had done. The crowd went nuts again. This was a great main event but it was the Chicago crowd that made this one. Cena was hated on the night. Loads of action and loads of near pins(including Triple H kicking out of the F-U) until Triple H gave up and tapped out to Cena's submission move. The crowd could not believe it. Their reaction was truly priceless. There is no way Cena can be a good guy anymore, no way. Definitely a controversial ending to a super Wrestlemania.

Altogether, Wrestlemania 22 was spectacular. 10/10 without a doubt. Definitely the best Wrestelmania in years. So many amazing matches, and definitely so much more hardcore and attitude in A Wrestlemania that we haven't's seen in years.

Probably in the Top 5 Wrestle Mania's!

Author: Legend Killer from United Kingdom
4 April 2006

A good show. I've only got 1000 words, so let's get on with it.

Kane & Big Show vs Carlito & The Master Piece - Decent enough opener, served it's purpose as the opening match. The events after the match planted the seeds for a Carlito/Masters feud. 6/10

Monney In The Bank Ladder Match - Stole the show! I think it's safe to say that Shelton Benjamin saved his career and started a whole new chapter in his professional wrestling life. He just might win the big one some day. After being misused for so long, RVD finally gets treated properly by the WWE bookers. 8.5/10

Mene Gene Okerland/Randy Orton/Batista segment - I still believe that the first time that you should see a superstar on a PPV is when their entrance music hits. Basically this segment planted the seeds for a Randy Orton/Batista feud.

Hall Of Fame Segment - Now that Eddie Guerrero takes his rightful place in wrestling history. Hopefully the WWE can stop milking his death and let him rest in peace. By the way, is there any danger of the WWE putting Owen Hart in the Hall Of Fame (he was one of the best in ring performers to grace a WWE ring)?

Chris Benoit vs JBL - Nobody expected this to be a classic. It wasn't anything special, but it was watchable (because Chris Benoit works so hard). An unexpected finish though. 5.5/10

Edge vs Mic Foley - Mic Foley can die a happy man, knowing that he finally has his defining Wrestle Mania moment. Edge didn't let Mic Foley take all of the bumps either, he wrestled his most impressive one on one match up to date. Well done to both men. 8/10

The freak segment - Very funny!

Booker T vs The Boogeyman - Either release Booker T or put him in a match that he deserves to be in. The Boogeyman effectively ended his WWE career & did his best to take Booker T with him. 3/10

Trish Stratus vs Mickie James - Surprisingly good women's wrestling and a hyped crowd, made this match a classic women's match up. It could have stolen the show if Mickie James didn't do a Brock Lesnar (botch the biggest move of the match). It was actually Trish's fault. She didn't supply Mickie James with enough support to elevate onto the top rope. 6.5/10

The Undertaker vs Mark Henry - This was Mark Henry's chance to earn a contract extension. He blew it! The Undertaker saved this match in the last 5 min. Well done Undertaker for realising that it was Wrestle Mania and raising his game. 6/10

HBK vs Vince McMahon - The feud started slow, but ended well. HBK nearly stole the stole for the 4th straight Wrestle Mania. We all loved the DX crotch chop. Vince McMahon's really letting himself go physically, by the way. Good match! 7.5/10

World Heavyweight Championship - HHH nearly ruined Wrestle Mania by pulling rank and having the 'REAL' main event moved to the 3rd to last match on the card. Kurt Angle was superb. Randy Orton did his job, but seemed like he was there to make sure that people bought the PPV, e.g. HBK at Wrestle Mania XX. Rey Misterio deserves some genuine success, not just the novelty success that the WWE usually gives him. Good match, but too short. 8/10

Lingerie Pillow Fight - Next! 2/10 (you get 2 just for getting into the ring)

WWE Championship - Sometimes the crowd makes a match when the wrestling is just ordinary, e.g. Hogan/Andre The Giant WM III, Hogan/Warrior WM VI, Hogan/Rock WM XVIII (basically every Hogan match). Wrestle Mania 22, definitely Cena's defining moment in his career so far. It's evident that Vince is standing his ground and won't stop promoting Cena until we just cheer for him. Triple H must have cheated on Stephanie or something like that. That's the only reason I can think of for Vince making HHH tap out to Cena at Wrestle Mania. 7.5/10

Overall a very good Wrestle Mania. Probably in the top 5 of all time.

enjoyable

Author: fireman10128 (fireman10128@yahoo.com) from United States
8 April 2006

i ordered wrestlemania and it was great on my standards. The whole show was really good except for the pillow fight and the bogeyman match.

onto the matches. the tag match between Kane and show vs carlito and masters was pretty good. like the finish and hate what happened after words when Kane and show lost the titles.

money in the bank match. it was a real good match but in my opinion it was to short they should have got rid of the pillow fight and the bogeyman man match to add 10 extra minutes to it. rvd wins against Finlay,Matt hardy , lashly ,ric flair , Shelton Benjamin.

hardcore match between edge and Mick Foley was a good well fought match with some classic hardcore moments. including Mr socko with barb wire around it. edge comes out the winner after a spear thru the table.

womens title match. Mickie James vs Trish stratus. at last a good wresltemania match including women. pretty OK Mickie wins with the chick kick.or Mick kick in other words.

U.s title match. jbl vs Chris Benoit. A pretty good match nice wrestling on Benoit's part. jbl cheats to win he title.

Casket match. henry vs taker. sort of a predictable match where you knew taker would win because why would you destroy a perfect record on wrestlemania with henry. taker whens by putting them into casket.

pillow fight and Bogey man match's. both crappy no need to explain.

heavyweight title match. mysterio vs Orton vs angle. a good main event could have been longer then 9 minutes in my mind. mysterio wins with a 619.

wwe title. cena vs triple h. nice shocking match i seriously though that triple h was going to win. ends up cena wins by making triple h tap out to the a step over toe lock.

all in all a good ppv. only the 3rd wrestlemania iv seen but still enjoyable so i give it a good 8 out of ten only because I'm comparing it to wrestlemania 17.

Wrestlemania 22 Review-James R

Author: Jamesrs-1 from New Zealand
8 July 2011

This was one of the best wrestle-manias ever the whole show was excellent with the exception of a couple of matches.

1)Kane,Show Vs Carlito,Masters:Good solid opener lots of back and forth action 6.5/10.

2)Mitb Rvd vs lushly vs Ric Flair vs Matt Hardy vs Shelton Benjiman vs Finlay:Great money in the bank ladder match lots of stunts the highlight was Shelton doing a sen ton onto everyone 8/10.

3)US Title Chris Benoit Vs Jbl:good solid match with Jbl Pulling the win out with a good reversal spot 7/10.

4)Hardcore Match Edge VS Mick Foley:awesome defines this match.Edge makes Mick have arguably the best match of his career. 9.5/10.

5)Boogeyman vs Booker T:press skip on the DVD remote 1/10.

6)Trish Vs Mickie: Great women's match up the crowd just ate this up 8/10.

7)Undertaker Vs Mark Henry: Real average match up but every match is with Mark Henry.5/10.

8)HBK VS Vince No holds barred: I wasn't really looking forward to this and thought it was a complete waste of Shawn but i was pleasantly surprised when Shawn showed why he is the best wrestler ever,making Vince look really good and the second best match on the card awesome ladder spot in the end with a table. 9/10.

9)whc Kurt vs Rey vs Randy:Awesome triple threat match but may have went a little two short and the climax was a little Prue mature but overall a really good match 7.5/10.

10)Torrie vs Candice pillow fight:good eye candy didn't go to long and was good to have a light match in between the two world title match's 6/10.

11)Wwe Title Triple H Vs Cena: Pretty good match the crowd was red hot for this one with a great finish and good story telling.Triple H did a great job carrying Cena 8/10.

Overall I rate wrestle-mania 22:9/10

Good Wrestlemania!!!

Author: arsh7777777 from India
5 August 2008

Great Wrestlemania. According to me, these are the ratings:

1) Kane & Big Show vs Carlio & Chris Masters - 5/10 (An okay opening for Wrestlemania) 2) Ladder Match - 8/10 (Good match) 3) Hall of Fame Seg. - 9/10 (R.I.P. Eddie) 4) Benoit vs JBL - 5/10 (So-so match) 5) Edge vs Foley - 6.5/10 (Foley tried his best. That makes it good) 6) Booker vs Boogeyman - 1.5/10 (Sucked and WWE, you can do better than this kind of match.) 7) Trish vs Mickie - 7.5/10 (A very good women's championship match.) 8) Undertaker vs Henry - 10/10 (Taker shows everyone again, what he's made of. Greatest match of the night!!!) 9) HBK vs Vince - 9.5/10 (Awesome match. HBK ended it well.) 10) Angle vs Mysterio vs RKO - 9/10 (Great match. Rey turned out to be the champ. Great Job) 11) Cena vs HHH - 8.5/10 (Great match. Cena retains his championship)

Definitely one of the best Mania's ever!!

Author: jameslj-cannon from United Kingdom
22 October 2006

The last time I watched a WWE event was nearly two years ago. That event was Judgement Day 2004. I lost my patience with wrestling after that, and I never thought I could have got back into it. However, I told myself to give this Wrestlemania a chance. I tell you what, I'm glad I did, as this was one of the great Mania's. Its definitely up there with 14, X-Seven and XIX. Anyway, lets get on with the matches from this memorable night in Chicago when wrestling went BIGTIME:

Match 1:World Tag Team Championship Match: Kane and The Big Show vs. Carlito and Chris Masters. Not being a big fan of tag team matches, I wasn't expecting much from this one. However I was proved wrong. This was a great opener, with brilliant performances from all four men. Kane and Show won to retain the titles. Winners and still champions: Kane and Show

Match 2:Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Ric Flair vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay vs. Lashley. WOW. This match was absolutely amazing. It kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I've never seen a ladder used like Benjamin and RVD use it. Some insane moves in this match, culminating in RVD grabbing the case, and becoming the new Mr Money in the Bank. One question, why was the match so low on the card????? Winner: Rob Van Dam

Match 3:United States Championship Match: Chris Benoit vs. JBL. This was a very dogged match. Nothing pretty, but still very entertaining. Quite low for JBL to taunt the late great Eddie Guerrero as he did. He got a cheap victory by rolling Benoit up and holding on to the ropes. Winner and new champion: JBL

Match 4:Hardcore Match: Mick Foley vs. Edge. I thought nothing could beat the MITB match. Oh how wrong I was. This match was absolutely unreal. There was blood galore in this one, as an all manner of weapons were used, including barbed wire, barbed wire bats, thumb tacks, just to name a few. Even Mr Socko got a barbed wire makeover. Both men bled heavily. The match had the best ending, possibly any match has ever had. Mick got speared by Edge on the apron through a table that was on fire!!! Edge picked up the win in a instant Wrestlemania classic. Winner: Edge

Match 5:Handicap Match: Boogeyman vs. Booker T and Sharmell. Well I suppose nothing could follow that last match up, so we had this. This match wasn't bad by any means, but it was on par as the worst match of the night compared with everything else.Boogeyman picked up the win by pinning the Book. Winner: Boogeyman

Match 6:Women's Championship Match: Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James. Well now I've seen everything. A good tag team match at the start of the show, and now a good women's match. This was a brill match, mainly because of the Chicago crowd, who cheered Mickie instead of usual fan favourite Trish. She even got booed. Mickie won to become new champion. Winner and new champion: Mickie James

Match 7:Casket Match: Undertaker vs. Mark Henry. Another good match. The Undertaker can still put up a good match, even against the very large Mark Henry. At one point I thought Henry would steal it, but The Undertaker pulled off another Wrestlemaina win to make his record 14-0 by burying Henry. Winner: Undertaker

Match 8:No Holds Barred Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Mr McMahon. Another amazing match. This match was very violent, much like the Edge-Foley match before it. Glad to see HBK kick old Vince's arse. The chairman was left a bloody mess after Michaels was through with him. Shane tried to intervene and got handcuffed to the middle rope by HBK. The highlight of this one was Michaels pulling out the biggest ladder I have ever seen, setting Vice up on a table, putting a trash can over the upper half of Vince's body, and hitting him with a huge elbow drop. HBK then finished it with a vile Sweet Chin Music. There were even some crotch chops DX style from HBK in this one, ultimately leading to the DX reunion later in the year. Winner: Shawn Michaels

Match 9:Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton. This match was something else. Back and forth throughout. I was cheering on Angle all the way. Still annoyed that he didn't win. Mysterio shocked the world when he pinned Orton for the win. Winner and new champion: Rey Mysterio

Match 10:Playboy Pillow Fight: Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle. Worst match of the night along with the Boogeyman match. This was pretty bad, even though we had two gorgeous women rolling around in their underwear. Winner: Torrie Wilson

Match 11:WWE Title Match: John Cena vs. Triple H. A great main event, although it will probably be remembered for the very hostile crowd. Cena got the biggest boos I have possibly ever heard for a superstar who isn't playing heel. I personally hate Cena and wished he lost this match. Unfortunately, he didn't. He made the Game submit with his dumb submission move the STF-U. Winner and still champion: John Cena

Well, I'm glad I took a chance and saw this Wrestlemania, its up there with the best Mania's ever. Have I caught the wrestling bug after seeing this.....Hell Yeahh!!!!!!!!!

The Best Wrestlemania since 2001

Author: Kkarensheart from United States
25 April 2006

This has to be the greatest Wrestlemania since 17... I mean this was just outstanding it focused on more on wrestling and entertainment.This PPV proves that WWE isn't going downhill no more....in my opinion Raw is been better since the draft of 2002... the ratings have been strong and SD sometimes can suck ass but well here the matches.

1)Carlito/Chris Masters vs Kane/Big Show

World Tag Team Titles decent match up...good way to kick things off but a little short 7.5/10

2)Money in the Bank

better than last years and Shelton did another cool stunt...great performance by Finally and Lashely and Matt tried hard and Flair never gave up and RVD was just outstanding and won 10/10

3)Chris Benoit vs JBL

United States Title not a bad match...very decent close of being great but decent 7.0/10

4)Edge vs Mick Foley

Hardcore Match awesome match up Foley still has it and Edge damn cant believe the ending o well at least we know Foley still can fight. 10/10

5)Booker T vs Boogeyman

you call this Wrestlemania Teddy Long? 4/10

6)Mickie Jane vs Trish Stratus

Women's Championship

wow what a womens match.....best womens match i seen in years 8/10

7)Undertaker vs Mark Henry

Casket Match decent enough...I really hate Mark henry this could been a lot better if he wasn't Undertaker's opponent why he getting a push he cant fight he too slow. 6/10

8)Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahan

No Hold's Barred

WOW, WOW, WOW what a match...entertaining and exciting sure Vince barely did anything but nice to see Shawn doing his thing we never seen in a long time....SUCK IT VInce thats what u get for messing wit the showstopper.10/10!!!

9)Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship

awesome match but too short and I hate that Rey is the champion now come on??? is this a joke?? 8.5/10

10)Torrie vs Candice Michelle

Langerine Pillow Fight

what? is? this? after a title match 4/10

11)HHH vs John Cena

WWE Title very shocking from the fans... I mean the fans were into this match like crazy..just like Hogan/Rock... but damn I know there some Cena haters out there but didn't have to chant F** YOU Cena he didn't do anything he works out hes very busy..I'm a Cena fan and I was pulling for Cena in this match.Cuz he my favorite no matter what but no respect to HHH I like HHH i really do but I'm in Cena's chain gang but anyways this was perfect way to end the show....the match and the crowd..great main event hope they fight again soon.10/10!!!

Overall:Tremendious PPV 10/10 I def recommend this for a collection and for a WWE fan cause this was just plain great!!!

A good Wrestlemania with great fans ruined by horrible Main event

Author: avi0107
28 July 2008

Kane & Big Show vs Carlito & The Master Piece - Solid opener, nothing special. Shame to see Kane is such match and guys like Cena in the main event. 6/10

Money In The Bank Ladder Match - As expected it was amazing. Great match with some memorable moments. 9/10

Hall Of Fame - Eddie, we miss you!

Chris Benoit vs JBL - Benoit deserves more than. It wasn't bad, it was rather solid but forgettable. 5.5/10

Edge vs Mick Foley - Foley never stop to amaze and this is no exception. Edge is the future of the WWE (a deserving main eventer compared to the likes of Cena). Brutal encounter with a great finish. + Lita is hot. 8.5/10

Booker T vs The Boogeyman - Boogeyman can't wrestle. Nowadays WWE tend to go for guys with some popular character or commercial attributes instead of real athletes ...that's why WWE has jumped the shark for me...Booker T deserves more. Had its funny moments tho. 2/10 (for the fun)

Trish Stratus vs Mickie James -Good match and Trish was hot as always. Mickie is weird, meaning the girl is doing a good job. 6/10

The Undertaker vs Mark Henry - Not the best Undertaker WM match. Not bad but not great. Taker did his job while Mark Henry was pretty average. Being big and Strong don't necessarily mean you are a good wrestler..WWE has forgot that. Good match by Taker. 6.5/10

HBK vs Vince McMahon - Vince and Shane Mcmahon has always impressed me in matches...this is not exception. Great match with some unforgettable moments. Exactly what i was expecting. 8.5/10

World Heavyweight Championship - Kurt Angle(c) vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton This not being the main event is literally a screw job! WWE has lost the sense of Main events! 3 great athletes with Angle at his best. It was great to see Angle getting cheered and Rey booed! Finally fans cheering for real athlete, the deserving one. However the match was too short...still great tho. 8/10

Lingerie Pillow Fight - They are all hot. Unrated.

WWE Championship -SHAME!! Complete sell out. The worst thing is that WWE can't stop screwing fans like that and continued to get worst and worst afterward, the main reason I've quit watching. So we get an amazing triple threat before while this is the main event?? You gotta be kidding me. Everybody knew this would never match the triple threat. The ONLY good thing is that Cena was rightfully getting booed. These fans were amazing. The ending was ridiculous...HHH taping out? Give me a break. WWE wants to make an Hogan out of Cena. It got worst afterward..ruined the WWE. I can't believe this main event. We've got Bret hard vs. Michaels, Austin vs. Rock, Austin vs. Michaels, Benoit vs. Austin vs. Michaels and now we got this??????? Even HHH couldn't save it. That was terrible. 1.5/10 (1.5 for the fans booing Cena)

WrestleMania 22 blows away the Windy City

Author: Stuart Wilson from Kirkcaldy, Scotland
16 August 2006

This years WrestleMania was held before a raucous crown of 17,159 at the All State Arena in Chicago, Illinois. The card was loaded from top to bottom. Five championship matches, a casket match, a no holds barred match, a hardcore match and the second Money in the Bank Ladder match all were making this years WrestleMania one of the most eagerly awaited in it's twenty two year history.

The main event of the night featured the battle between John Cena and Triple H for the WWE Championship. With the crowd at fever pitch for Cena to lose the Championship this was a heated battle. The most heated WWE Championship match since WrestleMania X-Seven I would say. The match itself was excellent and was a fine way to end a brilliant event. John Cena shocked the world when he made The Game tap out to the worst submission move in wrestling the STFU. Cena had retained the Championship and kept his undefeated WrestleMania streak in tact.

The other main event of the night was the triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship. Smackdowns! Premier superstars: reigning champion Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton were looking set to blow the roof off the All Sate Arena in what should have been match of the night. The action, whilst it lasted was excellent, however it did not last long. Rey Mysterio picked up the shock victory after pinning Randy Orton. I didn't see that one coming.

The undercard of WrestleMania22, much like WrestleMania 21 was great. Trouble was, also like last years event; it had a couple of worthless matches that we had to deal with. Those matches being The Boogeyman against Booker T and Sharmell and of course the Playboy Pillow Fight. Bother matches were an embarrassment and had no place on the card.

There were some cracking matches too. Mick Foley battled Edge in a thrilling Hardcore match. This was brutal and ended after Edge speared Foley through the ring ropes and onto a flaming table. This gave Foley his "Mania moment" and gave Edge his fifth undefeated match at WrestleMania. The Money in the Bank Ladder match was also gripping. Ric Flair was especially impressive with his bumps. In the end it was Rob Van Dam that grab the briefcase, grabbed the win and grabbed the chance of a WWE Championship match. The other barnburner of the night saw Shawn Michaels battle Mr McMahon in a No Holds Barred contest. This was fantastic. Great story telling from beginning to end. Michaels picked up the much-deserved victory but not until after he had dropped a big splash on McMahon from a twenty-foot ladder. Unbelievable.

Other notable happenings on the card were The Undertaker going 14-0 by defeating the worthless Mark Henry in a Casket match. Kane and The Big Show defeated Carlito and Chris Masters in the opening contest for the World Tag Team Championship. Mickie James won the WWE Woman's Championship from Trish Stratus in the best WWE woman's match in WrestleMania history by far. And finally John Bradshaw Layfield defeated Chris Benoit for the United States Championship with a little help from the middle rope.

WrestleMania 22 was a great card from start to finish. Everyone had his or her working heads on and everyone put in a great effort. Well worth watching just for the Championship matches and the Hardcore matches. Well done WWE and role on WrestleMania 23 from Detroit.

Not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Author: sunshinerb3169 from United States
23 April 2006

Ah Wrestlemania. The time of year that wrestling fans all over the world look forward to. The memories, the history, the matches, everything. This year's Wrestlemania, in my opinion wasn't necessarily great but was still entertaining and a good watch. First up was the below average Big Show/Kane vs. Carlito/Chris Masters. This match just doesn't have anything to it. Just a normal match you'd see anywhere else with a bad decision not letting Masters/Carlito win the belt that have lost so much meaning. Money in the Bank ladder match 2 is next up. Once again nothing less than spectacular. Not as good as last years but it was really cool to change it up from all high fliers usually to some other styles with the likes of Flair, Finlay, and Bobby Lashley. If you don't think Ric Flair is the man then watch this. Seeing someone his age taking the bumps he took further shows that he is one of the best. Shelton once again steals the highlights in this match topping his run up the ladder last year and the flipping plancha to the outside. How you may ask? Well he combined both by running up the ladder AND doing the plancha. He also does an insane springboard onto the ladder set up. Awesome ladder match, I still like last year's the best. Following this was a disappointing JBL vs Chris Benoit for the US Title. This match actually had pretty good expectations. But the short amount of time really hurt this from being a good bout. This was average. The Mick Foley vs Edge hardcore match is probably the show stealer, but that's arguable. I can't say much about this match because I don't wanna ruin the awesome finish. Up next is Booker T vs Boogeyman. Horrible don't even bother. Next was Mickie James vs Trish for the Women's title. Yes we all seen how these turn out but Mickie and Trish can really make a go at it. I mean 2 months earlier at New Year's Revolution they probably had match of the night in my eyes. This was actually very good but finish was blown, looked like Trish hurt her knee at some point. Then came the casket match with Undertaker vs Mark Henry. Another average match but poor Taker he tried so hard to bring the best out of Henry and you can see Henry tried also. He's just no good and really brings it down. Taker does do a good job of making Henry look tough though and Taker does an awesome plancha to the outside. Now the street fight between Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon. Aweseome literally, it was just Michaels beating McMahon into oblivion but It was down in a way that it was a squash with Spirit Squad and Shane coming out. Awesome points of the match: Michaels elbow drop off the top of the giant ladder onto McMahon who's inside a trash can on a table. Words cannot describe. Oh yes and the DX crotch chop was back. Now we have the triple threat match for the World Heavyweight title between Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, and Rey Mysterio. This match was slightly, slightly above average just because of Rey's win. This was short and not all that exciting. Shame really for what these 3 can actually do. Following this was a bathroom break of Playboy pillow fight between Candice Michelle and Torrie Wilson. NEXT! John Cena vs. Triple H. Wow this was really good. John Cena really showed that he can actually go at it and Triple H helped him achieve that. The crowd was electric and made the match very interesting. They worked beautifully with the split crowd and by the end of the match Cena changes a lot of the boos into cheers and Triple H does the job. Overall good show, I would recommend this to anyone.