IMDb > "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 10 of 15: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Very under rated

Author: Jagermister124 from United States
12 September 2006

When I first heard about this show, I didn't think it would be very funny, I thought it was going to be a low budget show that wouldn't even make it past the pilot episode. This summer I saw the season premiere for the second season, I cant remember ever laughing so hard from a TV show. After watching it, I was hooked, I never made plans for Thursday nights just so I could watch the new episodes. There are many things about this show that make it great. FOr example, the cast, the cast is great. I think they all play their parts very well, I like how it has a self centered brother and sister who have a father who's a dick. I also like how it has a dumb but lovable Charlie, who's antics cant help but make you laugh. And then there's Mac, another self centered, jackass who is in a way always trying to come out on top. I cant wait for season three to start next summer. I hope that this comment is helpful to anyone who reads it, because the only advise I can give is to watch the show.

Best Comedy on TV.

Author: adamhellbound
7 June 2006

With the demise of "Arrested Development," I'd pretty much lost any hope that intelligent, creative humor could survive on television. Praise must be given to the FX network, then, for picking up "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," which has rapidly distinguished itself as one of the only worthwhile comedies currently in production. The writing is razor sharp and the characters are well-defined and lively. Also, it's nice to see some of the neighborhoods I spent a large chunk of my young life terrorizing. I make it a point not to spend much time watching TV, but this series is too good to pass up; thankfully, the entire first season is available from the iTunes Music Store. I highly recommend checking a few episodes out.

Love it, but...

Author: akilla47
9 September 2012

I first witnessed this brilliant programming when it was on season 2 and have been loving this show since.

But..My biggest problem now is Danny DeVito, who was a great character at first but has become an annoyance and unfunny relevance to the show. I love how the characters turn on each other, but Danny Devito's character brings stupidity to the humorous and dark tone and saddens my heart that he has to sign onto every season now. I admit he has his moments though.

The original four are still my favourite dysfunctional quartet of assholes and nightman will always be my favourite fictional superhero.

One of my favorite TV Shows except some technical errors

Author: laurantius-j from San Francisco, CA
13 August 2013

I also cant get enough of this show! I think its hilarious, and I love most the jokes and characters. However, I only give 7 out of 10 because I found many minor technical issues, and also the storyline sometimes does not make sense. Also, some the storyline from the newer issue does not connect with the older issue. For example, when Dee wanted to apply jobs at Oldies Rock Cafe, the waitress did not know if she went to high school, but later on, they have bunch of stories when they were in high school together. Another example was when Frank got an accident on Christmas Eve, where the stores were supposedly closed, but he got time to buy Charlie and Mac a robot, before 6 AM on Christmas Day.(???). Also,Charlie was known to be the dirtiest, craziest, weirdest, and vomited when he has to perform/public speaking, but how can he actually create and perform on such a musical? Maybe I was the one who paid too much attention on details, or because I really love this show that I watched them too often. But I feel like that would be better to recognize those details, to make them look more professional. For example, no microphone showing, random setting changes after few seconds of act, etc.

But other than that, I really really love this show! I think it is really entertaining and unique! Danny de Vito and Charlie Day really rocked it! Keep it up!

I really is ALWAYS SUNNY if you watch the show :)

Author: Savannah Comilla (EchosSorrow04) from United States
8 October 2007

I admit to being one of those people that heard the story of this show- that it was a group of three friends who had written the pilot, made it for like $200 and their pilot won a contest and it was picked up as a TV show-and I totally scoffed at the idea. Every time IASIP was on FX I would quickly flip the channel for fear of rotting my brain with some lame and totally-un-funny sitcom.

The plan worked fine up until a couple weeks ago when I wasn't paying attention to the info bar at the bottom of the screen, and started watching the most hilarious show I've ever seen.

Needless to say, since I had never even seen a a picture of the main cast or watched more then a preview with Danny Devito in it, I was incredibly shocked to find that the show I had been barking laughter to for a half hour had been the dreaded 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' After one episode of season 3, I was completely and utterly hooked. It is honestly the most refreshing and funny show I have ever seen; you cannot help but laugh at the well crafted humor and on-the-fence jokes. It's so great to have a something to look forward to on Thursday Nights! I will recommend this show to anyone who wants to have a great time watching a witty and hilarious show. So go run out and buy the 1-2 Season DVD set and be amazed at the awesome-ness that is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This show is the child of Seinfeld, Reno 911, a lot of drinks and some stuff thats around 1000 bucks a pound

Author: tcatranis from Philadelphia
7 May 2007

This is the Greatest show to hit TV since...TV. Heres an example, you see Charlie and Mac sniffing Elmer's Glue out of a plastic bag. Charlie gets shot in the head well trying to rob paddy's so they will get some insurance money. When they ridicule him, he replies saying, " Really, oh k. cause i thought this was like... the best idea i've ever had." Dennis calls 911 after he shoots Charlie in the head, even though the hospital is 3 blocks away, he whispers to mac that he doesn't want to get his seats dirty, then he says OK will take him, we can just put a plastic bag over him. Hes dead serious. That is an example of what a TV show should be. This show Conforms To NO stereotypical mega political company. Its not just funny, but it shows the truth like it is, without any happy go lucky bull. If your sick of Reality TV and Mainstream horse Sh@T then ITS ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPIA is your only option. I was born and raised in Philadelphia and this show makes me proud of it.

Almost as good as "Arrested Development."

Author: TheEmulator23 (Shelman23@gmail.com) from S. Lake Tahoe, CA
30 December 2008

This is so much like "Arrested Development" only dirtier in that good way. When I watched the first few eps. I felt the same way about it as I did when I first tried out Arrested Dev. This show grows on you & has some wicked dialog which takes you a few times to catch it all. Why the people involved in this show aren't big stars is beyond me. What this group reminds me of is a lot like how Ben Stiller got his start. He had his own show which no one watched but it showcased his talent. I can recommend this to everyone except for those old fogies that don't get it. I would even say that most of this will go over anyone younger than 25 as well, but in that good way. This show grows on you more and more & everyone involved is brilliant & some of the best eps are the ones directed by Fred Savage. I could go on and on but go watch these while they're still free on Hulu. This is one of those shows I will buy when they are all done, because these can be watched just like you watch the older "South Park", eps. too.

Much better than you would expect...but...

Author: misfitsfc from United States
12 July 2006

This is an excellent show...it comes off as a Seinfeld type show with a bunch of Jackass humor and strippers thrown in for those who appreciate such things. This show is not for everyone, in fact i'd guess a lot of over 40 people would hate this show and pass it off as a live action Beavis and Butt-Head. Don't let the haters discourage you, if you enjoy a wicked laugh and your T.V. boundaries pushed to the limit...turn this show on, kick back, and laugh your ass off!! I do. The show centers on two twins, their two moronic buddies, Danny De Vito as the estranged and mid-life crisis having father who also happens to be filthy rich and his soon to be ex-wife played by Anne Archer...and what do you know..."it's always sunny in philladelphia".

great writing

Author: Katherine Mangus from United States
13 July 2006

In a t.v. era filled with nothing but celeb-reality crap and cookie cutter sitcoms, this show is an outstanding example of solid comedic sitcom genius. I have to admit that I didn't start watching until I got caught up in all of the Danny DeVito publicity - although as good as he is, the show doesn't really need him. The show centers around four friends who run a bar in Philly alongside two of thems father (Danny)who is trying to re-live younger years after his separation from his wife by hanging out with his kids. Hijinks and hilarity ensue when the kids get into situations like applying for welfare, sleeping (or not) with each others mothers, and pretending to be 'jihad'. Laugh out loud comedic situations will absolutely keep you coming back for more! Hopefully though, Danny's presence will bring new audiences and this awesome show won't see the same fate that other recent (Fox's Arrested Development) great shows have seen.

More real than reality television could ever hope to be

Author: phantoms35 from United States
10 May 2006

First of all, I feel the need to say that I am from Philadelphia. I remember seeing an ad for this show a few months ago while watching something on FX, and I thought, "Oh great, here we go again with another show which is going to trash this city and make all of the people here look like morons ( a la ABC's Philly)." I couldn't have been more wrong.

This show is spectacular; the well-scripted, off-collar dialogue drives the hilarious story of four true-to-life characters. Sure, the jokes are funny, but what really propels this show is the believability of the characters. It is hard not to relate them to people that you know.

I do, however, feel the need to give a brief warning here. If you are not very well receiving of sarcastic or cynical humor, stay away; if you don't like politically incorrect humor, stay away. This show talks about real issues including sexuality, religion, and cancer and makes light of them. Is it amoral? Absolutely! That's why it is so damn hysterical.

Page 10 of 15: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]