IMDb > "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 9 of 17: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Funny AF

Author: goaliebeast from United States
20 February 2017

This show is absurdly funny. Although some of its joke are somewhat controversial, every episode is guaranteed to make you laugh. I never really watched this show fully until recently but in the past couple of weeks I have had to refrain myself from watching because I don't want to run out of episodes. I highly recommend IASIP.

Relatable?

Author: eighmii
3 February 2017

Still one of my favorite shows in 2017. Needed to write a review just because "The Mick" just came out and there wasn't enough love for Kaitlin Olson.

I know the Seinfeld references are old, but if anything I see the closest resemblance to Shameless, which is in my top 5 as well, but funnier.

This is one of those shows that you can watch any episode 47 times and still find it entertaining, and there's only a handful of shows out there that I feel this way about.

I don't think this show will be canceled anytime soon, but I just want to add my input cause IMDb says the popularity is down and I want this show to last for as long as humanly possible.

Great show

Author: John Smith from Minnesota, U.S.A.
16 January 2017

This show makes me laugh every time and Charlie Day is my favorite. This is a biased review but I love it! To give it a 1 star is just rude, the show has some great laughs. Danny Devito is great and his magnum dong is glorious. I could watch this show forever and I will miss it when it's gone. "Charlie, make a move. Just tell her you wanna bang her." -Mac; "Grain alcohol, baby! Whenever there's a potential riot, I'm getting blasted on grain alcohol.; -Mac; "Dude, I swear to God, if you try and give me a noogie, I will yank your underwear over your head so hard your asshole will rip in half." -Dennis; "That's Tammy, Trey's ex-girlfriend. This is classic Tammy. Trey broke up with Tammy because Maureen Kinallen said that she saw Tammy flirting with Walt Timby at a party. But she was only doing it to make Trey jealous because, you know, she thought that Trey secretly liked Erin Hannabry. But Trey didn't like Erin Hannabry. It was all a bunch of bull." -Charlie;

Genius

Author: expaticus
10 May 2016

Simply put, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is comedic brilliance. This is a show where absolutely nothing is sacred, there are no taboos, and that will at times make you laugh so hard that it hurts.

This is probably not a show for everyone. Anyone easily offended or uneasy with controversial topics might not particularly care for Sunny's brand of humor. But for everyone else, myself included, it is easily one of the funniest and most memorable shows since....well, ever. I have seen every episode of the first 10 seasons (just getting started on season 11) and there hasn't been a single time when I thought that the show was getting stale or that the quality was declining. After 10+ years it has proved to be consistently hilarious. This, in and of itself, is quite amazing since most great comedies run for about 8-9 years, with a peak lasting about 2-3 years and the other years being average. But with Sunny, at least in the first 10 seasons which I have seen so far, it's hard to say where the peak is since there has never been a decline.

As many others here have already written, this show can be considered as being Seinfeld on crack. It is a true ensemble cast that feeds and builds off of each other to produce some real comedy magic. Frank, Charlie, Mac, Dennis and Dee are all horribly selfish and deranged people who somehow come across as being sympathetic. You just have to watch one episode and you will be hooked.

And another plus....there is no laugh track!

Truly Wonderful.

Author: mbaprilia from Australia
8 November 2015

Now that Seinfeld and The Sopranos are no longer running, this is for me the best show on television. (Or, if you live in Australia, the best show that has been completely sabotaged by the networks on television - I defy an Aussie to tell me when it will be on regularly) The cast, the set, the stories and even the awful opening title music are all ultimately perfect for the slant of this very unusual and very brave show. Charlie Day is my personal favorite, but Danny De Vito's frank is masterful as well. Check out the "frank in a couch" clip on Youtube if you have never seen this show... favorite episode was a Christmas episode from a few years ago, that involved biting Santa's ear off, closing down a shopping mall, hundreds of extras, and the two guys responsible for the carnage wander back into the bar as tho nothing has happened. Just a wonderful show I highly recommend it.

hilarious, with some flaws

Author: Rick Jatti from USA
17 August 2015

the show starts of with some flaws, while also being hysterical, and doesn't develop its characters enough for the first couple of seasons. mac is the typical a-hole type character, and he is expanded upon in the first couple of seasons, maybe because his actor, rob mcelhenney, does most of the writing. dennis is kind of a shadow of mac's character, while not only being a jerk but an absolute terrible person. its easy to hate dennis in the first couple of seasons. dee is alright, frank is alright, but charlie isn't enough of the lovable weirdo we all love that he is in the later seasons. and most of the comedy comes from the situations the characters are in, not the characters themselves. this starts to change as season 3 starts. everybody's characters get a little expansion, and charlie becomes the center of most of the comedy. this is where the show really takes off. it'll never have the constant roasting and degrading that the league has, which is more of what i like, but the original stories never quit to amaze me in this show, and danny devitos acting is as good as ever, even if it might steal the show a little. one thing season 2 did well was bring out the competitiveness in the characters, with the episode where everybody is coaching the basketball teams for community service, and it would really be better if they made more competitive episodes than 1-2 per season.

Why all the hate?

Author: leightonjames from Neston, England
29 July 2013

This is a total re write of all the mundane sitcoms you get nowadays and from yesteryear about a bunch of friends who all love each other and do good things, watching this comedy is like watching real life but funny, whats funnier than watching egocentric idiots get into shitty situations.

If you like friend's with its canned laughter and characters with shitty one liners and predictable morality story's then you will hate this.

If you enjoy original insane comedy the likes of Monty Python or Workaholics then you will love this.

Some people need to relax!!!!

Author: Darkdemonqueen from United States
19 December 2015

this show is freaking hilarious!!!! i love all the characters individually and LOVE it when they play with the line between offensive and acceptable....and then spit on that line and dance on it!!!!

so either you "get" this show or you don't but my theory is the people who don't "get" this show are people who take $h*t too seriously!

Oh and did i mention i am a woman and i LOVE this show!?!??! (saw a few reviews that peeved me... they hated the show and said all the good reviews must be from men who are idiots....)

oh did i mention i love this show!?!?!

fyi some of my fave episodes are : Dennis and Dee go on Welfare; The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby; Sweet Dee's dating a Retarded Person; Mac and Dennis: manhunters; and my absolute fave: THE NIGHTMAN COMETH!!!!!

words cant explain the hilarity

Author: erichedlund1 from United States
13 October 2013

Always sunny is by far one of the most unpredictable sitcoms on television. Their ideas are good but their egos and incompetence slows them down. I can never tell who is the smartest because they have their moments of intellect and thousands of missteps. I believe Charlie is the least selfish because he doesn't want to do anything bad for personal gain. Being the least educated and least hygienic he is extremely gullible because his peers are just a tad more intellectual. Frank is Dennis and Dee's father. Heentered in the second season so he could relive the glory days. He has a sexual thing a lot and has a ton of money. He is the sneakiest by coming up with bizarre plans and his skills don't make clear sometimes. Dennis is apparently the looks. He is a man whore who takes advantage of women by lying and sociopath. He lives with mac and has the biggest ego of being the smartest and being a god. He thinks he's the most attractive man alive. Mac is rooming with Dennis. Mac refers to himself as the brains. His ideas are good in concept but never succeed. He doesn't concern anything unless he's involved in it. His ego is to be a super buff guy and being the greatest martial artist meanwhile he can't fight or he's too cowardly to. His name is Ronald MacDonald. Dee is Dennis's twin sister. She is emotionally beaten by the others about everything. She is a giant bird because she's annoying and ugly. Their actions and incompetence gives the humor and the situations they put themselves in is so funny. Watch it

I love this show!

Author: zerohour009 from United States
29 July 2008

This may contain plot spoilers I'd put this on 11 if they had it. Because god damn, is this show so funny. It's Always FUNNY in Philadelphia more like it.

The show stars 4 pretty much nobody's first season, which is perfectly great. The 3 guys, Mac, Dennis, and Charlie also write for the show. The show takes normally very controversial topics, very risky, but it works. It's also a show you have to see there reactions to what people say. No reading a book and just listening as so many might do.

Season two brought Danny DeVito, and more laughs. He seemed to get them into so much trouble, he causes so much stuff SPOILER!!!!!!!! like getting Charlie crippled, making him turn into The Green Man, and Dee taking "performance enhancing drugs". End of spoiler.

Season three includes so much nonsense its hard not to laugh at all the trouble they get into, they are truly bad people. No doubt about it.

I can't wait until it returns, only reason for summer to end.

Watch it if you haven't and keep watching if you do. It's the best on Cable TV.