IMDb > The Game: Documentary (2005) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Game: Documentary (V) More at IMDbPro »

And that's The Documentary

Author: keithpettyworld from United States
3 May 2006

The Documentary is a look into The Game's life growing up in Compton, California. You hear him speak on being a blood, and being taken into the streets and gangster lifestyle. His brother Big Fase Hunned also speaks on behalf of The Game's career and street rep. I was hoping for a little more depth by asking Black WallStreet and some of Game's friends about his life and his street credibility. Also includes interviews with The Game's mother, Lil' Eazy and Billboard (R.I.P) Game also takes you inside of Billboard's funeral. Also includes promo shoot of Game & Dre for his album. I was also hoping to hear more on Game's take on hip-hop, his influences, getting into the rap game & being on Aftermath & G-Unit. Good to have if your a Game fan, if not don't worry bout it. It was okay, I was hoping he'd have more music videos. It worth buying if your a true Game fan. After Watching that documentary I was left with a feeling of amazement. The Game's life is thighed out i now know why I feel his lyrics. What he raps about is true. A must own.

PG Hip-Hop for Kids Movie

Author: Adam Stone from United States
19 January 2007

This was plot less, tasteless, and awful. Another horrible movie starring a skinny kid who wishes he was a rap star (The Game). Sorry, but this is really a movie for the "wannabe thugs" or people that don't know anything about rap music or the ghetto. This makes sense, because the Game, like most of his friends, is uneducated, untalented, and obviously wouldn't take the time to do more than one take for any scene in this movie. The acting really was horrible and the shooting scenes are fake and unrealistic. These people don't really know what the ghetto is like. I don't understand why someone as intelligent as 50 cent would even associate with him. I guess The Game fits more into the category of "hip-hop for kids" than "actual rap." I guess I'm used to a lot of good DJ Screw and Texas rap, but I'm also a fan of Tupac and Makaveli. Trust me. Save your money. This movie gets an F.