IMDb > Saawan... The Love Season (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Saawan... The Love Season More at IMDbPro »

Bad Bad Bad HORRIABLE

Author: prince_limelight from New Zealand
29 May 2006

If it weren't for Salman Khan and that the "Jo mangi Kudha se" song this movie would have been a complete waste. My little sister could have played the role of the Heroin in this movie with more conviction and she is only four. The hero of the movie was a complete headache with the acting ability comparable to tuffy (The dog) in Hum appke hai kaun. I think Salman took the role just for the fancy hair do, but I got to admit as cocky as they presented his character, Salman totally justified it. I bet Given a better story and more depth the Character of Salman in the movie would have made a great movie in the hands of a better director.

My advice don't see it, and if you do see it just skip to the scenes with Salman Khan and the last two songs.

Pathetic!

Author: Ikky Khan from Australia
3 August 2006

Ageed, if it were not for Salman Khan, this movie would have driven me nuts.

The lead actress displayed all the acting ability of a tree and the hero was a jack ass! Aside from continuously grinning like a total fool, this guy just has no talent....I mean, there have been some real duds but this clown just takes the cake!!

Johnny Lever provides some much needed laughs at times but even the material that he is given starts to get thin after a while. Ranjeet and Prem Chopra are completely wasted as well.

Only worth seeing it for Salman, but the rest of it is just garbage!!

Makes you puke!!!

Author: nbpulmano
15 November 2006

I have seen this film and i can say that it totally sucks!! It is not worth your precious time and money. The plot is shallow and unintelligently done (READ: Stupid!!!) I think the producer and the writer did not even think about it. I mean, come on, they basically just made the film so that the actors who acted in the film will have something to work on (... which is another problem because the actors cannot really act!) And by the way, what's up with Salman Khan's character??

As a moviegoer, I am insulted and disgusted with the crap the producers and the writers made. Seriously, i can't imagine i have watched this film!

My vote of 1 was extremely generous!

Author: homegnome1 from Pennsylvania, USA
17 February 2007

EEEeewww! How do I describe this? The script, acting, directing, songs, choreography, everything surpassed horrible well into pathetic! For starters, who mish-mashed that script? Hey, lets shoot a dance scene in South Africa and another in Dubai (we won't bother to justify why, just send them there, shoot, get a phone call and they have to return home.) Lame. I knew when it started with one of the most awful songs I have ever heard and seen that it was going to be a lemon. Salmon Khan and Jonny Lever were included only for star appeal, they were given nothing to work with except stupidity. How do you explain that Jonny and Raj meet each other one night, then are stuck together for the rest of the movie? How can Raj commit murder, then five minutes later celebrate life and love? Characters pop in and out, no real plot line is developed, and you are left with a feeling of wasting hours of your life. What is with the "spacy insight" effects? You could overlook how pitiful they were the first time, but to be repeated so many times is misery. I suffered watching this. Hopefully you won't make the same mistake. Yet another movie where I feel IMDb should add a zero or negative numbers to the vote!

wwjd?

Author: AishFan from San Jose, CA, US
4 August 2006

For the first three-fourths of the film, I kept laughing at myself in self-pity as to why am I watching such a B-grade film. There is absolutely no story. The movie is filled with ridiculous songs with even more ridiculous lyrics. I can't believe they managed to get the composer to fit the tagline of the film into one of the songs. The movie is also filled with B-grade comedy from Johnny Lever (who I'm sorry to say has lost his comic reign and charisma after Paresh Rawal has come into the spotlight). Then randomly all of a sudden enters Salman Khan in the second half of the movie bursting into a song. Throughout the rest of the movie, for a lack of anything better to do, I keep thinking to myself, What is Salman Khan up to now? Why is he in this movie? At the end, a light bulb flashes and I realize that Salman Khan is playing the role of Jesus! OK, I am a bit slow, even with Saawan Kumar's in-your-face metaphors and allusions such as Salman's long hair, the heroine saying, "He is not an astrologer, but a messenger," and the hero yelling, "Are you God!?!?". It seems Salman's desire to die to save the heroine's life is analogous to Jesus's ultimate sacrifice to save mankind. So, yes, even B-grade films have deep themes and morals. The pathetic scriptwriting, or lack thereof, unfortunately really gives no dimension to this symbolism that otherwise has a lot of potential. Sitting confused after seeing this film, I guess the only question stuck in my mind is, "What would Jesus do?"

Unwatchable except for Salman

Author: masumikitty
11 September 2015

Wow, had there not been Salman Khan in this movie, I would have never gone through two hours of this waste.

The lead characters are terrible, with the male having the brains and mannerisms of a school boy and the female all cardboard. Their emotions seemed so forced and faked, the dialogue TERRIBLE, and the plot so random.

Khan's and Lever's characters were the only ones that saved this disaster of a movie. Lever added the humor and Khan delivered his role really well that I didn't really care about the lead characters, but would have loved to see more of his.

All in all, if anyone says they watched this movie, it was probably only for Salman Khan.

Great film

Author: kokovyas from United States
13 April 2016

Ageed, if it were not for Salman Khan, this movie would have driven me nuts.

Only worth seeing it for Salman, but the rest of it is just garbage!!

wasted two hours of my life

Author: alinacan
23 June 2008

This movie was the waste of my precious time. For some reason I was hoping that maybe it will get better and something interesting would start until the movie got to its end, which was very disappointing. The only reason why I gave this movie 2 points is because I found the main character very handsome(even though he can't act at all), and for the Sawaan song, the rest pretty much sucked. The actress who plays Kajal is by far the worst I've even seen. Couldn't she show more sadness towards the fact that she is dying instead of making faces of a spoiled child and annoying her fiancé by repeating million times on how she is going to die on Friday and laughing about it? If I was him I'd actually wish she dies faster or sent her to the mental institution because she seemed bipolar. And even though, they tried to show this unbelievable love, Raj's actions were totally opposite. Instead of staying by her bed when she was in the hospital and could die any second, he ran to kill the poor prophet guy (played by Salman Khan). Why, how was it his fault? I highly don't advise anyone to watch this, it has no plot and some parts don't even make any sense.

weird

Author: silvan-desouza from India
2 April 2009

If they is 1 weird film it's SAAWAN the love season

The film has a nice plot actually of Salman who can see the future but is handled terribly

The first half is all songs, love story Boring

The second half with Salman entering, one expects the film to be better But it gets weird

Imagine! the heroine comes 2 know she is going 2 die but she starts dancing with her hero and then after she dies the hero goes to kill Salman?

Saawan Kumar Tak is at sea Music is bad

Salman has a weird long Mithun type hair, his act looks bored and he just rattles off his lines with 1 bored expression Kapil and Saloni are bad

Johny and Bobby Darling bore

Good

Author: zain raza from Canada
17 October 2008

A movie which wasn't technically made, but had everything which a movie needs to go good on the box office, apart from the first half which was nothing but childish comedy and fully dragged scenes, the second half was the thing to see in the movie. When Salman entered the movie, it got refreshing and some what mysterious. The movie got back on track as it went off in the first half. Songs were Okay!, but the dialogs were great especially through the second half. The funniest thing is that the name of it's director is the same as the name of the movie! So good try by the director, but if there were some more talented actor actress rather than the main characters the movie would have surely be seen by more people. So basically Salman was the only thing to watch for in the film!