IMDb > Imitation (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Imitation More at IMDbPro »

Seemed like a self-conscious student project

Author: ejlabolton from Kimberley, B.C.
21 October 2012

Spoiler? - I wish we could have identified a "Spoiler".

We watched this movie thinking it was another of the same name. Drawn-out photography can be very successful in the correct context but, in this case, it seemed more like padding.

We never came to terms with understanding Teresa as the main character and why Fenton (who was supposed to have "fallen in love with her") should have persisted with her and his esoteric quest to "find Angel" was beyond credibility -perhaps just very Montreal French - in a Mexican what's more???

This was just one of the more significant and annoyingly unexplained loose ends in the movie. Others included Fenton's job attendance, how he flitted from place to place when Teresa pinched his car, the identity and relationship of the two boys (helpers?) Angel picked up from school, the substance of Angel's "tent" consultations, his marital status and something Teresa flashed that looked like an ultrasound. Keeping an audience guessing is one thing but it has limits when there's no answers.

Whatever the conclusion of the movie was supposed to imply just left us saying, "There's one born every minute".