IMDb > Rats: A Sin City Yarn (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Rats: A Sin City Yarn More at IMDbPro »

Not Bad, Definitely Worth a Look At

Author: Yippy-Ki-Yay_MF from nowhere
4 September 2005

I found out that this existed when I was surfing through Frank Miller's IMDb page, and so I decided to check it out.

With the google search: rats: a sin city yarn, I was able to find it very easily (6th down).

Rats: a film only three minutes but still contains everything a good film needs. Drama, suspense, (etc.) and a little bit of Frank Miller humor.

It has the same gritty feel as the Sin City film, which is surprising because this is only a fan short. (Although the Sin City film is also a fan's creation) The director needs a pat on the back for making a thoroughly enjoyable film which and should be viewed by any one interested. Check it out.

A piece of the sin city feel that stirred me some more

Author: mickailf from Romania
22 October 2005

It lasts 3 minutes so watch it first.May contain "spoilers" A piece of the sin city feel that stirred me some more.This short film gets the same vote i gave sin city.10/10.And it deserves it thoroughly.In the plot for sin city 2 there is also a strangely familiar description.It will probably have another three-four stories and among them "a man in the military gets mysteriously killed while trying to cook a rat".This sums up the short fan film.Still , i hope sin city 2 won't contain these three minutes. I found this movie after another "sin city" search for more fan material.Then i found the viewable version after a search on the net

Just Wow

Author: Jack Barrie from United Kingdom
21 March 2006

If you have had the pleasure of reading Frank Millers Magnum Opus Sin City, then the story of Rats should be lodged in you memory. I know it was for me! for ages i sought out this film after hearing of its making and now seeing the final piece, i can safely say it is very accurate to the comic, and is that not what making a film adaptation about: accuracy. It is beyond me how they can make films from Comics and totally miss something out or change it because it seems odd. It is beyond me! but that is another comment. 'Rats' is worth watching simply for its bleak betrayal of the last days of what can only be described as a former Concentration Camp Refugee. Basically read the short in Booze, Broads and Bullets then watch the film Perfecto!