I loved it!

Author: patrick_dunne (wingkon@comcast.net) from United States
8 December 2005

I really liked this 'documentary.' I saw it on animal Planet a couple nights ago, and I must admit it was very fun! The 'movie' stars Nigel Marvin, who goes exploring in the seven most dangerous and ancient seas. We start off with mere sea scorpions and go up to Megalodons! The movie plays itself as if the monsters were real and an actual threat to the host. Another interesting thing in the movie was that the host walked around and interacted with the animals as if he were Steve Irwin or Jeff Corwin.

I actually thought it was thrilling and educational at the same time! If you watch Animal Planet on a regular basis, watch "Chased By Sea Monsters." 8/10

Documentary, kind of, about prehistoric seas.

Author: aidan-quinn
2 February 2015

The most notable difference between the Chased By... series and its Walking With... predecessor is the addition of a live narrator and guide, zoologist Nigel Marven. This show would have scored a lot higher without this addition. Treating it like there was actually a guy interacting with the ancient creatures as in a regular nature documentary was off putting. Nigel Marven does a good job at mimicking these interactions but suspension of disbelief is something which should not be needed to enjoy a factual educational series. This spin off series is known in the US as the 'Chased By' series and in seeking to make the show more engaging it has caused the series to jump the megalodon by trying to inject cheap Crocodile- Hunter style action and theme-park thrills, rather than maintaining the scholarly objectivity of Walking With Dinosaurs' invisible narrator.

Some people will enjoy this series a lot and it could inspire some children to get into the field but I worry that the gimmick makes it harder to retain any of the information.