IMDb > "Fantasy" (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Fantasy" More at IMDbPro »

Great show!

Author: jgarner-7 from United States
8 March 2008

I was on Fantasy in 1983. My mother's siblings were reunited after being separated at birth. It was the largest sibling reunion to date on television. I was 15 and in Hollywood was an awesome experience. I wish I could find a tape of the show. The producer of the show called my mother one evening late to tell her that they would be flying the whole family to California for taping and she fainted and dropped the phone. My mother is the oldest in the family and she was so happy to find other brothers and sisters that she had never met. The producers put us up at the Sheraton Universal for the whole week and I had a chance to meet a great many actors during a roast they had in the ballroom for Ron Cey who was traded to the Chicago Cubs. As a guest you could go down to the ball room and mingle.

Ventriloquist performance

Author: scrapbkfun from United States
11 February 2010

I was on this show as a 16 year old. I believe it might have been filmed in November and aired in December, 1982, but I could be off a month or two. I am a ventriloquist, and at the time, had never seen a live performance of another ventriloquist. I was a good student in school and a good kid, I guess. My mom wrote the letter to the show - and it was her fantasy to have them give me my fantasy of performing with a professional ventriloquist. I met and performed with Shari Lewis and Lambchop. Shari gave me the number 2 Lambchop doll off the production line, with an autographed tag. I, too, would give anything to have a copy of that video to share with my children. If it weren't for my uncle who took photos of the TV while it aired, I would have nothing to prove to my children that I was on that show (other than the hometown newspaper putting me on the front of the TV Guide - Yay! for small towns!). Anyway, it was really awesome the way NBC studios took care of us. We had been going through so much when that "fantasy" was awarded. It was a blessing to have an experience like that.

My TV debut

Author: Siobhan Fitzpatrick (phreekerchickie@yahoo.com) from Canton, Texas, USA
28 January 2007

I was on this show as an infant. ^^ God, I wish I could get a hold of the tape of that...My parents were on the show because their neighbor needed furniture for her apartment, so they played for that and won. My parents are white, the neighbor was black so the racial harmony thing got them the spot on the show.

I was psyched to see this on here! Maybe someone has a copy of my parents' episode and could hook me up! By the way, my parents are Dean "Buddy" Fitzpatrick and Mary Fitzpatrick (she may have been on there by one of her other last names: Taylor, Robbins or Lyons).

This was a great show, and too bad it isn't on DVD somewhere.

Help me find a Fantasy episode

Author: kagibson2010 from United States
11 May 2012

I was on Fantasy as an infant. My father was stationed in Japan when I was born and it was my moms "fantasy" for him to see me before I was a year old. The show had the Marine Corp tell my dad that he had a mission in CA but would not give him anymore details, it was a complete surprise for him. My older sister was also 2 years old at the time and had not seen my dad in about 7 months so it was also a great reunion for her. I have a newspaper clipping of what happened, but I would really love to see it for myself and to watch it with my children. I am really trying to find a way to get that episode. PLEASE!! Does anyone know where I can get a copy or watch it online?

Looking for Tape

Author: redmoon11-1 from Nor Cal
7 November 2008

I was on "Fantasy" and did a segment with then "Square Pegs" stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Amy Linker that was a loose version of the "Dating Game." I ended up getting chosen as the person to go on a date with Sarah - that's a whole other story. It would be great to get that footage...can anyone help?! Thanks.