IMDb > The Dark Knight (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 501: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

I was disappointed by Batman Begins, was expecting the worst, and i got the best.

Author: Chiyonosake23 from Hungary
1 February 2010

First of all things i should say i am a comic-book fan. From Eastern Europe. Why is this important? Because here its something really different then in the USA. In the USA comic-books are part of the everyday life. Here it is not. Here it is an underrated genre, and most of the people still think it is something sissy for small children and contains only fighting and dialogue no higher level then Kapow and Boom-Boom. And it was even worse when i was little. It was always a little treasure hunt to get some. And most of them was bad rip-off, cheap junk from the above mentioned category, and it was only Batman, who continually represented quality and was available for a kid like me too. And i was amused and loved it. Not Batman in the first place, but the amazing villains. And especially Joker. He was the best of the best. Maybe the most complex, interesting and remarkable character ever created.

And to tell the truth, i wasn't entirely satisfied with either one of the Batman films made up to the Dark Knight. Especially considering that there was an absolutely brilliant animated series: Batman the Animated Series, check it out if you like Batman, well worth it. They first 3 movies were okay, but the Batman and Robin and Batman Begins both sucked big time, but for different reasons. I lost hope i will ever see a really good and faithful adaptation of this comic. Then along came this one.

Yes it has some overdone parts, some flaws here and there, a bit rushed and corny ending, but its good, meaningful, and Heath Ledger (who i disliked before i saw this) is the absolutely perfect Joker. When i saw the casting, i thought it is a disgrace. After i saw the movie i thought he was unearthly good. The film has suspense, great acting, emotions, and a very interesting and coherent plot which is very rare in Hollywood blockbusters. Well worth watching for anyone and everyone. Especially for people, who think comic-books are sissy things for little children...

Wonderful. How superhero movies should be made!

Author: tiger jack (warthogjump@hotmail.com) from Australia
26 March 2011

Quite simply "Dark Knight" is the best superhero movie ever made (ok, KickAss is the only competitor, but strictly speaking, it isn't a "proper" superhero movie, so let's forget about that).

Batman is tough, Batman is loved, Batman is weak, Batman is hated. Batman has human characteristics. Batman's enemies have human characteristics. This is the first and main reason Dark Knight succeeds. It isn't "just" a superhero movie. It's also a study of character, of good and of "dark" and of perception of "society." I mean, it does this so well I sometimes think the superhero content is just a scapegoat for the deeper thought in the movie even though I know at the same that it's not.

Secondly, Batman doesn't do anything too unbelievable. Look at Superman, he's flying. Look at Spiderman, he's got webs coming out of his palms. Look at the Hulk he can get MASSIVE when he is angry. That's all cool and entertaining, but Batman is, imo, the superhero whom we can connect to the closest, because he doesn't have these "abilities" about him which are soooo unrealistic.

So, both his inner and outer character are human like which makes the movie so much more enjoyable.

The action? The action in Dark Knight is amazing! Batman's car is amazing! The special effects are amazing! It is a phenomenal piece of work crafting a movie where it looks and feels fantastic!

I won't talk much about Heath Ledger's portrayal of the joker. It's definitely his best performance ever, and what better time to have it just before his death, peace be upon him. I hate a ball watching the guy act. He's just created an insanely unique persona. I loved it!

Everything in Dark Knight works. It's got so much novelty to it. It's a rare piece of cinema where prima facie it's for kids, but ultimately, adults will end up enjoying it much more. Dark Knight isn't for kids anyway, they wont be able to comprehend the bigger picture in Dark Knight, which is what makes this movie so special.

It's cool It's original It's awesome

I can't believe how it wasn't nominated for a Best Picture. Oscars were probably too stunned at how good a super hero movie could be. Did I mention I also love Gary Oldman, the guy plays a different person in every movie, I can never tell its him

BORING, This film goes on forever

Author: Abdel Gulabkhan from United Kingdom
27 February 2009

The worst film i have seen this year. Its so Boring. I think it got good reviews because heath ledger died and that was a tribute to him. Batman is crap, the joker is average. The first Batman with Jack Nicholas as the joker is 1000 times better, that was excellent, this was dire and boring. Beware, batman fans are just going over the top for this heap of rubbish. The film is so predictable because you know what happens. I think that gadgets were not that good and the actors were not that good. I was expecting this to be great but as with all films with far too much hype i was waiting for the good bit. After an hour i was still waiting. After 2 i thought this is so dull and it wasn't going anywhere. I love good films eg Iron Man, Lord Of Rings, Indianna Jones, Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars. This is a classic by no means.

The best Superhero movie ever made

Author: andreasharaldsson from Sweden
14 June 2017

This has to be the best superhero movie yet made. It has Action, drama, an awesome story line etc. Bale as Batman is a perfect fit and Heath Ledger as the Joker really deserved the Oscar he won for best bi-actor. The story really lets you to think about your own life and situations, what would you have done? A have to see movie for everyone!

Awesome Movie

Author: Gulshan Kumar from India
12 November 2016

Awesome Movie. Great Story. Star cast is so Good. Story is best. Background music is narrow. good best. awesome. superb. No words to explain. Awesome Movie. Great Story. Star cast is so Good. Story is best. Background music is narrow. good best. awesome. superb. No words to explain. Awesome Movie. Great Story. Star cast is so Good. Story is best. Background music is narrow. good best. awesome. superb. No words to explain. Awesome Movie. Great Story. Star cast is so Good. Story is best. Background music is narrow. good best. awesome. superb. No words to explain. Awesome Movie. Great Story. Star cast is so Good. Story is best. Background music is narrow. good best. awesome. superb. No words to explain.

Amazing!

Author: Taylor J. Irizarry from United States
8 November 2016

Ever since this movie came out I've loved Batman! Great story, acting, action and everything! Love this movie more every time i watch it. The music of course is amazing, Hans Zimmer is the man! Joker is still one of the best villains in cinematic history. I'm just writing this review so IMDb says i've written a review before. So now I'm just stalling to make this enough words. Blah blah... This movie is amazing, but I already told you that. Everyone has seen this movie and no one reads a reviews from a movie that came out in 2008. If you're reading this you're a loser, my grammar is so bad right now because I'm writing so fast I just need 10 lines of text to finish my "review"

Legendary Movie

Author: sultanalodah from Hail, Saudi Arabia
19 July 2016

It is within the list of the best movies I have because of what I saw, as the writer excelled in the writing of this story, in addition to shine representatives who carried out this great work, we saw the Joker in the film, where he was a major reason for the success of the film with Christian Bale, which embodies the personal nicely very. Christian Bale is always creative in other films, but this is work, especially in the Dark knight 2008 is the most prominent and successful Alomes him. I liked this movie a lot and I liked the characters in this beautiful film and I hope that the dark knight of the series do not stop and continue on like this, which is a little like I've seen it in other works Thank Christian Bale Thanks for the director and his staff with representatives

It's Difficult NOT To Enjoy This Movie

Author: prosper from TEXAS
19 January 2016

From the very beginning this movie has your attention grabbed and doesn't let go until the final credits begin to roll. One of my favorite films. Even if you are not a fan of Batman or superhero movies in general, this is a movie unlike any superhero movie. With varying levels of depth, emotion, suspense, action, and amazing special effects this film stands above the rest within and without of its genre. Christopher Nolan's cinematic genius takes hold in this second installment of his Batman series. Christian Bale performs a compelling and adrenaline-pumping Batman fights opposite Heath Ledger's chilling take on The Joker. The Dark Knight hails as one of the greatest Batman films to ever grace the silver screen.

Legendary

Author: Joe Hughes-Stainsby
19 October 2015

Sometimes the films which long often open up to lots of movie mistakes which are talked about for years to come. The big difference here is, yes, there are some movie mistakes as with everything. But, the film has so much happening all of the time these mistakes can barely get noticed when watching the movie. The only time that they are recognisable is when they are clearly pointed out and you deliberately search for them yourself. The script was one which was well written and good enough to keep the attention to what they are saying throughout the whole of the film, from start until the end. I do believe though there could have been so much more development with some of the characters in this film though. Mainly Harvey Dent. Even though he popped up multiple time I definitely believe that he could have done so much with the character but didn't.

Wow

Author: Happy Blomberg
3 July 2015

I really like this movie. It was a lot better then what I thought it would be. Heath Leger did an amazing job on this movie. I did not expect much of the movie when i first saw it but this is really good.

Later I showed this movie to my mom and she hates super hero movies but she really like this one. Or she just like Christian Bale. Any way this is a movie really worth to check out.

It has an amazing story line and the actors are just incredible. It locks amazing to.

If i was to describe this movie whit one world it would be... outstanding.

To bad Heath Leger pass away. He was south a god actor. R.I.P Heath.