IMDb > Twitches (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Very very nice

Author: musiclvr795 from United States
14 October 2005

This is definitely one of the to-watch movies on Disney Channel. I just finished watching it and am now watching the encore presentation. It has a very good plot, a lot of exciting twists, some hidden links, plenty of comedy, and characters you just can't miss. Upon just starting to watch the movie it won't make too much sense, but if you keep watching it makes more and more sense. There is some sobriety in the movie, so watch out, but it is mostly just good comedy. If you have seen the premiere of Sister, Sister, the show on Disney Channel, you can relate this to that, and I think that is what the writers were going for. I have a good feeling that this is one of the DCOMs(Disney Channel Original Movie) that will make it to DVD. Only select DCOMs have ever made it to DVD.Some of the people in this movie you might recognize from other movies, but you can figure that part out by yourself. Toward the end of the movie and during it, a little, it gets a bit lame, but who am I to judge. I give this movie a 10.

Darkness vs. Love

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3 May 2008

In the magic realm of Coventry, the twin sisters Artemis and Apolla are saved by their protectors Illeana (Jennifer Robertson) and Karsh (Pat Kelly) from the Darkness and brought to another dimension. They are adopted by different families but in their twenty-first birthday, their protectors force them to meet each other. Alex Fielding (Tia Mowry) lost her mother three months ago and is alone seeking a job while Camryn Barnes (Tamara Mowry) lives with her beloved wealthy parents. Once together they find that they have magic powers and they should return to Coventry to save their biological mother and their kingdom from the Darkness.

"Twitches" is a naive family entertainment with good messages in the end. The predictable and forgettable story is a typical product from Disney studios, full of the usual clichés of good versus evil and darkness versus love and more recommended for children. My vote is five.

Title (Brazil): Not Available

Magic isn't what makes the movie great...love is what makes it "magical"

Author: NikkiSweet from United States
14 October 2005

"Twitches" is a great movie to see. Tia and Tamera Mowry have done a wonderful job and I was really impressed with them (like always). I am not going to tell you what "Twitches" is about because it is your job to see the magic of "Twitches" come to YOU. It really is a good movie and especially great for Halloween so settle yourself down in a comfy chair and get some popcorn and enjoy this "magical" movie and see if has the flavor for you and many others. I will say it is a is a movie you shouldn't miss and if you are a big fan of Tia and Tamera Mowry then you will totally flip out when you see them in this movie so go ahead and check it out and you never know when in the end you might say "that movie was really great" because I know I did!

This movie was a disappointment

Author: (e_lunar35) from United States
18 October 2006

This movie was radically different from the book series. The plot was a jump from the time the twins meet to the end of the series, and the speed of events made the whole story confusing. The differences between the two were not obvious enough, and the story was not in depth enough. The only part of the movie I enjoyed was the cast, all of whom are terrific actors. However, while I enjoyed their performances, I was disappointed that Karsh was not old, Ileana was not self-centered, and Evan and the six-pack were completely missing from the movie. Also, it does not seem likely that with the twins living in the same city, they would not have even run in to each other by their 21st birthday. I was incredibly shocked at the contrast between the movie and the books.

I Loved It

Author: annastaciacollins from United States
18 October 2005

i usually don;t like Disney Channel Original Movies that much but i loved this one and i have been a fan of Tia and Tamera Mowry since Sister, Sister originally aired on UPN nd ABC. Tamera is a maturing as an actress even though i don't watch on a regular basis i love the parts of Strong Medicine i have seen. but i digress usually the Disney Channel Movies are just the same storyline different characters but i loved this and i am hoping they make merchandise because i would love to by a pendant set like the ones in TwiTches.i nearly cried at the end. Alex and Cameron are great characters i wish i had read these books. oh well. occasionally Disney Channel Makes something great. i enjoy Tia and tamera also because they're roughly the same age i am.

Melissa

Magical Movie

Author: moviesampink from United States
14 October 2007

We all need a fantasy and magical movie. This movie was really good and Tia and Tamera were magical on screen. Illena and Karsh were so funny, Kristen Wilson shined as Miranda. Lucenda and Beth were awesome and Mr and Mrs. Barns were perfect and the music was great to listen to and Thanos was really good. The special effects were amazing and it needed more magic. Twitches is great to watch anybody, if you want to watch a fantasy movie or if you want to watch a magical mystery movie then this movie is for you. I recommend anybody to watch it especially preteens or kids. The location is great and i loved the scene when Alex and Camyrn were playing around with their magic, it was so funny, especially turning karsh into a monkey. I give this movie a 9/10 rating.

Twitches

Author: jedigardens from United States
8 December 2006

I really enjoyed this movie. I've read the first novel of the series, and while it wasn't too much like it (I haven't finished the series), I like the movie. If it wasn't based off a series, it would have been very good. It still is. I was hoping it would be more like the series. I'm still a fan of the movie. It's actually one of my favorites. I'm a 22 year-old who loves it. I bought it on DVD. Totally worth seeing. I would have liked to have seen more of their powers that are in the novels, but I'm still happy with it. If you're into fun, witchy movies, you'll like it. Must see. Especially at Halloween. I watch it year round.

Not the same as the books

Author: Cherry1210 from CA, United States
18 October 2007

I was a fan and reader of the books, which are awesome. This movie is great- for a Disney movie, a typical Disney movie. It is funny and cute, but that isn't like the books. I could go on and on with comparing- my sister's already heard all I thought as we watched this one and the second movie, and as I'm finishing up the series (going on the 10th book). If they made a movie or three or four (or how many it takes) to go along the books, then I'd like that. Not Disney though.. Heck, even a mini-series if done properly might be okay. But this movie is just not the same as the books. I hate the chant-phrase "It's your birthday, It's your birthday", and so I don't like when they say that. Personally, that's just lame. Tia and Tamara are getting older, but are great actresses but I liked and still like Sister, Sister... but although there acting isn't so bad (though it annoys me when they look at each other and scream... if I'm that scared enough to scream like that, I'm not going to look at my sister then scream...) this isn't their best acting. Sister, Sister to me is more real. So though its a funny, cute and magical movie (though not a lot of magic), I'd read the series that it is based off of if you haven't already. (And the sequel... well I like it more but still, like most sequels based off books, like The Cheetah Girls 2, falls even more away from the books then this first one).

i was disappointed

Author: coconuthut_69 from Canada
22 January 2007

I was quite disappointed with this movie. I had read all the books and had enjoyed them quite a lot. When i saw the movie i was excited. I wasn't when the movie was finished. It was rather insulting. The movie was nothing what so ever like the books. It really disappointed me!! The characters name were all the same but there personalities were different.. The characters of ilena and karsh really got me angry they are not at all like that in the book, neither are marinda and thantos. If i was the writer of the books i would have been mortally insulted. If you're going to make a movie based on a book at least have the characters the same, or even the plot... It was a terrible movie to watch.!!

Why this movie is extremely bad.

Author: Celeste Nightheart from United States
16 November 2006

This movie is horrible! If anyone has ever read even one of the books, you should realize that they completely screwed this up! I don't particularly like Disney to begin with, but this just throws the entire company down the tubes. Sorry if you like the Mowry twins, but they weren't right for the part, and gave a complete and totally different cast to the storyline.

First off, the movie kills the entire plot line. Not only do they keep Karsh alive, but they match up Karsh and Illeana. Normally, I wouldn't complain about the amount of romance, but this is overkill. Karsh is around two or three hundred years old. Illeana is around thirty.

Secondly, they didn't mention anything (to my knowledge) about any of the trials these girls went through in order to get to defeating Thantos. They don't give much on the other characters that help the story along, nor gave much on the girls' backgrounds.

On the whole, it was really badly made, and I think, for those of us who are older than the average 8th grader, it gave the entire series a bad name. But then, each to his own. Make your own decisions. But I would suggest reading the books. For more information on the books by Randi Reisfeld and HB Gilmore, go to http://www.scholastic.com/titles/twitches/.

~Captain Nightheart