IMDb > "The Greatest" 100 Greatest Kid Stars (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Greatest" 100 Greatest Kid Stars (2005)

« Prev | 5 of 17 Episodes | Next »

Worth watching......a walk down memory lane

Author: prfrmr from United States
3 September 2007

For those of us who grew up watching most of these former child stars from the 70's, 80's, early 90's, I think its awesome that a few networks like VH1 do something like this, occasionally. We all like to reminisce our favorite old TV stars. Where they are now, who they were, etc. Some shows were excellent. Some were just okay. But those child stars stayed with us because their agent saw incredible talent, which brought them fame and a household name. What kid in the 80's didn't tease their siblings or friends with "whatchu talking' bout, Willis?" Sad pardoned, most of us knew the horrible fate of a few, like Coleman, Bridges, Plato, Haim (corey), and a couple others. But Danny Bonaduce put it clearly regarding child stardom, back then, at a young impressionable age. And he wasn't the only PARTRIDGE who had it rough. For anyone worth another walk down memory lane, just think about the child stars you may have long forgotten. But someone thought he/she was great. Personally, I never cared much for WEBSTER, but audiences fell in love with little Emmanuel Lewis. He was equally as adorable as Gary Coleman's "Arnold".

Good show on VH1.

Author: undeadzombie13 from United States
19 November 2005

Danny Bonouce (I think that's how his last name's spelled)from The Partridge Family (Danny Patridge) said that "Being a child star is great. It's being an ex-child star that sucks." I agree with that. I'm glad most child stars like being called by who they were most known as and I like that it doesn't bother them. Like Barry from The Brady Bunch. He said he's OK with it. He doesn't mind being called Greg. But some like Gary, who played Arnald on Diff'rent Strokes hate to be called who they played on TV and in the movies. I can't believe how many actors and actresses started acting real young like Drew Barrymore. She was on E.T. at three-and-a-half years old. You can learn and know a lot about these celebrities on this show. I would mostly recommend this to people who would like to know and learn about child star celebrity's lives because that's what it's about. The only thing is, it's not one of my favorite shows and probably won't be yours either. Rating: 8/10