IMDb > "Perfect Hair Forever" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Perfect Hair Forever"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Perfect Hair Forever" More at IMDbPro »

If you like other shows on Adult Swim, you should like this one...

Author: dynamitefan123 from United States
25 December 2005

Just as many other shows on Adult Swim, it seems the creators just took the craziest things they thought of at the moment and made it into a show. The main character is a young lad (Gerald) who has gone balding at a very early age. He goes on a journey to find the place where you can have perfect hair forever (hence the title). Along the way, he meets many crazy characters such as a hot dog, an inappropriate comedy tree, and Rod the Anime God. And who could forget the crazy Asian guys? Their struggles with the English language and the comments made toward Brenda mixed with the late air time make for great laughs. I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who enjoys other Adult Swim shows such as Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

But why?? Why do we love this show?

Author: ( from United States
6 April 2006

Perfect hair forever or PHF as I will refer to it, is a blend of retarded comedy, fart jokes, violence, sex, stereotypes and bad taste...This show in the simplest terms, is awesome.

So adult swim heard the outcry that the majority of people hate the anime block but love the comedy block. Very well they said and ran PHF. PHF follows (loosly) The quest of a young boy named Gerald. Gerald is for some reason balding at a young age and being called horrible names, like "retarded hair guy" He seeks wisdom from his Uncle Grandfather, (Yes thats one term....Uncle Grandfather) Who is a raging pervert and ties for funniest character in the show. His maid Belinda, provides him with some measure of relief to his apparent horniness.

ANYWAY, Uncle Grandpa proceeds to tell Gerald about the 9th level of power and if he achieves it, he can have PERFECT HAIR FOREVER. Still doesn't sound all that funny does it? Well hold on.

Uncle Granpa gives Gerald a warning, that the evil Coiifio (Pronounced Kwa-Fee-O) Will attempt to stop him. Coiifio is the king of cats, and has Cat-Man who is an unreliable man in a cat suit, Astronmic Cat, A cat who can fly. (Also known as "Space Cat") and Model Robot who does whatever Coiifio wants and can change into anything.

But come think thats the list of the cast?? Oh no...There is also Rod the Anime God, who is a giant flame, and the ruler of animals, who is forever accompanied by wise-crackin animals, who suggest (among other things) baby eating, getting drunk, and promiscuous sex.

So there the plot, the big question is, "Where does it go from there?" Quite simply, it goes everywhere. There is no direction. One second we're talking about Gerald getting to Tuna mountain, and the next, Astronamic Cat is doing a Credit Reoprt For Coiifio on Rod the Anime God to see if he will sell him his space boat.

The charm of this show, is the random comments, like "I HAVE SEX WITH DOGS" and the magic flying hot-dog who can only say "Do" "the" and "la" So conversations sound something like this "Do the la la la la la la la LA la la la." The voices of Uncle Granpa and coiifio are priceless and really are the two funniest characters in the show.

Basically if you get anything out of this review, get this, you CANNOT describe this show. It's impossible. You probably have an idea of what this show is like. You're wrong...DEAD WRONG. You must watch it to understand it.

HILARIOUS Show that for some reason gets a bad rap and no chance

Author: gwisawesome from United States
31 October 2006

Wow. No words can really relate one of these episodes accurately, so if you've never seen Perfect Hair Forver, I suggest you watch it somehow.

That being said, this is probably not a show for everyone. I often hear it categorized as being 'made on acid' while watching it with friends and it is definitely a 'trippy' show. Thats not saying you need to be on drugs to think it is funny; it has brought tears of laughter to me completely sober and impaired alike.

It's a parody. It's seemingly completely random, yet fits together perfectly. It makes no sense but if you just sit back and enjoy it, it makes perfect sense. It's a shame that it was canceled for TV (and now is headed to web only?) The writers are some of the most creative comedic writers around and it seems they do it so effortlessly off the top of their heads. Another A+ from them.

This show is comedy gold. Plain and simple.

Author: almostmetal from United States
3 April 2006

Though not for everyone, this is honestly one of the funniest shows on television; especially when it comes to just plain random humor. The creative minds behind Space Ghost, Aqua Teen and various other adult swim shows are insanely apparent.

The humor isn't really jokes or even visual gags most of the time. More so it's the completely off the wall dialog which sometimes is humorous muttering (Uncle Grand Father) or just plain incomprehensible yelling (Coiffio). Though this might be somewhat off-putting to a certain demographic, it should prove very effective to the typical adult swim crowd. If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman or any of the other hot adult swim shows, you will LOVE this. It's not for everyone, but if you get it, it's comedy gold. Plain and simple.

Perfect Hair Forever is good

Author: communist128 from United States
11 December 2005

Perefct Hair Forever is a great show. The creators minds spilled out onto the page with a flow that moved oh so smoothly and intertwined in ways that were so very well done. This show though maybe a little incomprehensible at times is still saying something. The show truly subjects you to a experience. It is a well documented excursion. The best part about it is that it is absolutely ridiculously hilarious. It all makes sense if you see it from the beginning but even if you don't it is crazy enough to make you laugh out loud. I certainly hope more people discover it's true talent and the capabilities it has for the future. Maybe with this I have persuaded you to take a gander.

Fantastic Show

Author: rcp_90 from United States
12 April 2006

This show is just... awesome.

If you've ever sen any anime in your life, then you should be able to recognize the tongue in cheek humor at it's expense. With a boy going on a quest to seek the 9th level of power, given to him by a character named Uncle Grandfather, and with enemies like Catman thrown in the way, it seems familiar, which only makes it funnier.

But the show is still quite a strong show on it's own. The sheer random stupidity of the characters is what makes this show. For instance, during one episode when Coiffio asks his Model Robot to turn into an A-bomb and blow itself up, which it does, Coiffio is then floating in the wreckage of his space ship, and goes "Aww... now I miss him" and proceeds to sing a song in his honor. (Where he refers to refers to the Model Robot as Model Butthole.) The show is full of characters acting retarded, and one liners that are just magnificent, with the plot being basically dragged along to provide a better vehicle for these, which is fine.

Speaking of the plot, in typical Williams Street style, there isn't one of any consequence. Any sane thoughts that there may be a plot are dashed by the 2nd episode. And it is glorious. I mean, how could you not laugh during such clever plot devices as the Cat-Bun Wars? (When an army of Cats and an army of Hot Dogs Buns square off) What makes it even better is that this 6 episode run ends with no resolution, because the 6th episode is just a bunch of random crap that reminds me more of Robot Chicken then anything else. ("Look dad! I invented the internet! But it's made of wood. That reminds of this song, it's called, "I'm a failure!") In short, the show is basically 12 minutes of solidly delivered one liners coming from an awesome selection of characters, being driven along on a plot that could not have been conceived without the aide of some sort of hallucinogenic drug. And I love it.

Great Show

Author: Joseph Barnett from United States
26 June 2006

Best animated series on adult swim in my opinion and I cant wait to see if they make it to tuna mountain in future episodes. Very funny show that parodies as well as makes fun of anime, I love American cartoons and wish they would take that anime crap off of adult swim. But perfect hair forever is great and even more enjoyable if your a stoner. I actually watched it on LSD once and WOW, maybe thats why I like it so much. If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force (same creators as perfect hair and many of the same voice actors) or Venture Bros, south park, squid billies or any thing else on adult swim (except that fagot anime)then you'll love perfect hair forever

Author: pancake_repairman from australia
29 April 2006

The most noteworthy thing about this program for me is how the funniness of Aqua Teen Hunger Force writers/creators is dwindling. There are 3 major problems I have with the show. 1> I can't understand half of what either of the beardy guys are saying. It seriously needs subtitles. 2> The ongoing story is too pervasive. It's hard to enjoy a lone episode without knowing what happened in the previous one. 3> Perhaps most importantly, the main characters don't have any distinct idiosyncrasies. That was what fueled the comedic interaction between Frylock, Shake, Meatwad, and Carl, and seemingly what fueled the comedic imaginations of the writers.