IMDb > Confessions of a Pit Fighter (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Confessions of a Pit Fighter

Confessions of a Pit Fighter More at IMDbPro »

Weak fights lessen an other wise solid action film

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
27 November 2008

Ex-con who used to be a "pit fighter" finds he has to go back into the life to get revenge on the people responsible for killing his brother. Clichéd story told in an enjoyable way (ie. you'll watch it and not turn it off if it clicks with you) is undone by clearly staged fights. Forgive me boys and girls but a film about a fighter need s to have passable fights and this one has ones that are barely so. For me fights either have to be "realistic" or they have to be stylized so that we either believe what we are seeing or that we slip into the film's world. Here the film has battles that look like rehearsals where no one breaks a sweat, gets dirty or bleeds real blood. The action would be good if it was done to speed but it seems slowed down and I kept getting the sense that you could see the actors looking to the next move. Good but not great, better if you're forgiving, consider it a bumped up TV movie.

good fighting movie

Author: miketaylor2007 from Canada
16 November 2008

I thought the movie was really good. It's no Bloodsport but it was close enough. Most of the actors are not very well known but they did a pretty good job on playing out this film. I did recognize one of the guys from a smaller role in the Spiderman movies, as well as a guy from Night At The Roxbury. The story line was interesting, and had pretty decent choreography. A lot of fighting movies that come out today aren't that great anymore because I think they tend to try a little too hard with special effects. As for this film it was a lower budget movie which was what made the fighting scenes seem more realistic. Overall I give it an 8 out of 10 and recommend this movie if you are into fighting films.

A step up for Camacho

Author: LordofStorm from Canada
23 March 2008

Having seen a lot of Art Camacho's previous work it is to go without saying that they have been very subpar. These are due to low budgets, bad actors, and bad producing. Confessions of a Pit Fighter marks a high point in his career as I think a good showcase of his potential.

Confessions is packed with some stylish editing, very decent cinematography, and some good acting here and there. Most notably is Armand Assante as the bad guy, and surprisingly Flava Flav did a good job. Hector Echavarria was not too impressive as the lead, although his brother David held his own. I think it's safe to say that there is a surprise in David's friend Aldo, who does a very good and convincing job in his role. Definitely someone to look out for I'd say.

The biggest problem with Confessions is that some of the editing gets a little overdone and can be annoying, and that the fight scenes could have been a lot better. It's very hard when the fights have nothing to do with the environment, but they get a little boring and repetitive at times, regardless to say that some parts are very fun to watch. A kudos and job well done to Art Camacho, I think he is restoring faith in some viewers, and with some more touch ups in his directing skills I think he can really do something great in soon time. As well a thumbs up to R. Ellis Frazier for delivering a pretty good script, a first good attempt. Looking forward to seeing what these two can do in the future.

Author: Srosxi from United States
13 October 2012

Do not watch this pathetic excuse for a movie. Embarrassed to admit I viewed the part I did before puking at such filth and debauchery. A film with a gangster rapper in it should have been a clear warning. But my friend wanted to watch it. I rejected it immediately, but wanted to give it a chance. Pitiful. The Little Rascals TV show had better acting. Rocky had better fighting. But if you're studying to live on the streets, have intercourse with STD laden ugly tramps, and fight the rest of your life as a gangster...then here you go. Happy Birthday. I myself would rather swallow a live PIT VIPER than be subjected to this trash. Frankly, it would stink up a dump. Even spoiled milk and rotten eggs are more appealing.

Formulaic, simple-minded screenplay with bad casting and acting

Author: rightwingisevil from United States
21 June 2011

the movie is very elementary, full of B-movie straight to the DVD rental market stuff. The screenplay is so grammar-school basic, supported with many B movie actors posted as back alley street fighters and small-time gangsters. Some known and familiar faces played the made wise guy, Catholic priest, parole officer, street fighting go-between. The dialog is so lame and the acting is so effectively impaired by the dead-beat dialog and storyline. The scenario and the plot are so predictable and so boring. The brother got 7 years jail time due to street fight manslaughter, his brother followed his path also became pit-bull fighter. Then the revenge, the mixed up with the mob's woman, and the brother's girl friend...yada, yada... It's so card-board boring but if you don't have anything to kill the time, then watch it, watch the phony fighting scenes(Wow, after so many hard hitting, punching, elbowing...all the knuckles still spotless) the never changed stupid sound effect when fists, feet, legs and knees hit the bodies, you got nothing to lose but time.

On the other hand, if you like this genre, better watch "Blood and Bones", or Charles Browson's "Hard Time".

Gay movie

Author: vincentga from New York
17 March 2009

You like WWF? Your intelligence is 5 / 10 or less? You like movies with the Fat Steven Seagal? You like movies with scenarios completely stupid? More they are punch, more you like? More there are ketchup (blood) more you?

In this case you'll love this "movie" crap.

Film was probably not written a monkey. It makes no sense. There are only fighting crap.

I give him 2 / 10. 1 for the technical (sound, image, etc.). 1 for the very beautiful and sexy Giselle D'Cole.

To flee if you have intelligence higher than a monkey. Otherwise, this film is for you.