IMDb > Benjamin's Struggle (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Benjamin's Struggle More at IMDbPro »

An very impressive piece of film-making from a young director

Author: waemoore from United Kingdom
5 January 2007

It's extraordinary to think that this film was made on a budget of less than £30,000. The cinematography, sound track, colour grading are all at least as good as you would expect to see in a movie theatre. The storyline is solid and thoughtful - it's great to see a young director really pulling people together and producing something genuinely worthwhile. More than anything, the film feels mature - it has the right pace, and the various plot elements are woven together in a well thought out way so that they convey meaning without confusing the viewer, which is a problem that a lot of young film makers seem often to have. All-in-all, very well done indeed Mr Breese.

MJ

"A real gem of a flick!"

Author: carlofeher from United Kingdom
5 January 2007

I saw Benjamin's Struggle on the big screen and found it to be a powerful and very moving film.

There were many powerful moments and if I were to describe it in a few words, I would call this a "Classy Short Film".

Many people have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into making this an informative and moving short film.

I particularly liked the acting and great lighting.

"A real gem of a flick!" well done. It is easy to see how you won awards..

Best Wishes CF

Wow!

Author: patrickstockhausen from United Kingdom
5 January 2007

This film was at the Encounters Film Fest. I think it won the Audience Award or something.

A totally AMAZING and thought provoking movie this one.

The plot line moves along quickly and is full of surprises.

I strongly Recommend it to anyone with an interest in history or modern cinema.

The cast were superb - particularly Alison Doody and Andrew Sachs (Manuel!).

See it if you get a chance.

Don't know if there is a DVD avail?

The cinematography alone makes it a must see short for 2007.

Festival Winner is a trip!

Author: rodeostevens from United Kingdom
5 January 2007

I recently saw this film at a top UK film fest and could not disagree more with the previous comments. I watched the short amongst a packed out cinema and the gasps and applause reveal a quite different story.

The plot was exceptional and involving.

I don't know what the budget was, but this looked, sounded and entertained like a real Hollywood BLOCKBUSTER. I was left thinking about the twisty turny story for hours afterwards and it was the subject of much debate post screening. This is an AMAZING SHORT feature film and is totally worthy of the audience award which it receieved, in my opinion. A tribute to the memory of those who perished.